Newcastle 1 - 0 Sampdoria (friendly) - post match reaction from page 24

NSG

Guest makemeacupoftea

I think this is our best test so far in pre-season.

Against Sampdoria reserves?

How would you know?

Remember when I said that we needed more clocks on the pitch, and that it was worrying that the likes of Taylor were running to the dugout in the last 5 mins just to find out how much longer is left, and everybody had a go at me?

Looks like someone agrees with me.

How would you know?

Setanta have mentioned it a number of times that this is far from their strongest side.

We can lose for all I care as long as we don't lose anymore players to injuries. What happened to Given?

Tight groin according to Setanta. 

Not a bad half,  chances quite rare.  Smiths stuck into a couple of challenges,  as has Butt,  but nothing too exciting going on there.  Hopefully the 2nd half will bring an improvement. 

Guest 22bnw

How would you know?

Setanta have mentioned it a number of times that this is far from their strongest side.

They might be right, but then I wouldn't be surprised if they were completely wrong.

Not quite as bad as channel 5 though..."and thats a good challenge by Craig Bramble"...."Babayaro has never scored for Newcastle"..."And Sibierski scores his first ever goal for an English club"

Given never used to do any muscle, but his groin has been weak since the stomach injury.

We'll be seeing quite a bit of Harper again this season, and given that Given may become a bit stop start in terms of appearances, he may have peaked two seasons ago.