José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Has anybody had a text from the club to say the deal is done? Tthey usually get to know about transfers first.  Oliver is writing an article in hope that everything is done by the time people read it.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=big-sam-s-joy-at-landing-villarreal-ace%26method=full%26objectid=19578008%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

SAM ALLARDYCE today completed the £4.2m signing of 21-year-old Spaniard Jose Enrique Sanchez Diaz – and then set his sights on the last piece of his jigsaw in the shape of Serbian defender Ivica ‘Drago’ Dragutinovic.

Big Sam could not hide his delight at getting Enrique on a five-year contract even though it cost him 6m from Villarreal.

:idiot2:

:lol: More quality journalism.

It says 6 million euros on the back page. Just read it in Tescos :lol:

I liked the bit about it was all down to Chris Mort that he's here. Promising for the future. Looks like he's turned down Liverpool as well.

Finally working together, its good to hear.

I liked the bit about it was all down to Chris Mort that he's here. Promising for the future. Looks like he's turned down Liverpool as well.

Yeah, was just going to say that:

Allardyce added: “Either our chief operating officer Russell Cushing or chairman Chris Mort got a phone call which said the player was available.

“I asked the price and said “go” and they went. And in 24 hours he was here.

“Russell Cushing and Chris Mort are the reasons Enrique is signing for us rather than Liverpool or Manchester City.”

Excellent work by Mort and Cushing :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=big-sam-s-joy-at-landing-villarreal-ace%26method=full%26objectid=19578008%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

SAM ALLARDYCE today completed the £4.2m signing of 21-year-old Spaniard Jose Enrique Sanchez Diaz and then set his sights on the last piece of his jigsaw in the shape of Serbian defender Ivica Drago Dragutinovic.

Big Sam could not hide his delight at getting Enrique on a five-year contract even though it cost him 6m from Villarreal.

6mill euro's, 4million pounds. I'm not sure if that is quite the correct exchange rate, but its close.

Guest optimistic nit

by the way, anal's "sam told me" quotes are imo 100% made up. i still don't think the guy has signed, we've had nowt official yet.

SAM ALLARDYCE today completed the £4.2m signing of 21-year-old Spaniard Jose Enrique Sanchez Diaz and then set his sights on the last piece of his jigsaw in the shape of Serbian defender Ivica Drago Dragutinovic.

6mill euro's, 4million pounds. I'm not sure if that is quite the correct exchange rate, but its close.

Aye I realise that now. The rest of the article's still a disaster like.

Guest optimistic nit

formations:

1 up front:

.................Butt........................

......Geremi......Barton..............

Solano.......................N'Zogbia

..........Viduka/Martins..............

imo

Guest optimistic nit

Aye I realise that now. The rest of the article's still a disaster like.

It would have been a lot easier if the 6million was accompanied by a euro sign. :lol:

Well that Spanish news report said Barcelona and Liverpool had shown an interest in him, though we were told the same about Luque.

I'd be surprised if he really turned down any chance to sign for Liverpool, I think we just heard he was available (possibly due to a clause in his contract, the Villarreal fans are speculating) and moved quickly. With reassurances he'll be in our first-team and knowing that we pushed the boat out to sign him, on top of wages probably significantly higher than what he's on, I doubt he'd have wanted to wait around and see if a bigger club will come in.

This is the type of signing I've wanted us to make, and the reason I was against going for mediocrity like Queudrue.

We Liverool serious about signing him?if so then it makes me even more happy we got him :D :lol:

Before we get too excited, remember we came in at the last minute to stop Viana signing for them. ;)

Really happy we have a proper leftback....everyone has harped on about getting a LB since bernard left (the first time).  Hope he lives up to his reputation...might help luque settle in more and vice-versa.

Papers in Spain are saying 8m euros, not 6 as Oliver claims.

http://www.lasprovincias.es/castellon/prensa/20070806/deportes/club-buscara-sustituto-para_20070806.html

That's a hefty sum for a young left back, though it's still cheaper than Baines and their fans are saying it's a bargain and "a ridiculous price" for him. Really looking forward to seeing him play, although the downside is he'll need some time to settle in and he probably doesn't speak any English.

Ohmelads, saw you on the Villareal website, looks like they are a bit upset... more at the price more than anything as they say he's a "good" left back with huge potential given his age.

P.S. How come your Spanish is so good?

We Liverool serious about signing him?if so then it makes me even more happy we got him :D :lol:

Before we get too excited, remember we came in at the last minute to stop Viana signing for them. ;)

Go on and bust my bubble why don't you.

:D