José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Indeed. I understand Capdevila is a good and experienced player, but surely it won't be long until he is called up by Spain? My concern is the way that the Spanish and particularly Italian national teams seem to prefer home-based players. Maybe he will feel it is necessary to play in Spain to be recognised by the national team?

We should be looking to replace the likes of Marchena/Puyol/Capdevila, don't think they'll cut it - at least as starters - for the Euro. Del Bosque just seems to cut and paste the same squad every time he makes a call, though. Can't understand why we didn't use the friendly last week to try some new legs.

We should be looking to replace the likes of Marchena/Puyol/Capdevila, don't think they'll cut it - at least as starters - for the Euro. Del Bosque just seems to cut and paste the same squad every time he makes a call, though. Can't understand why we didn't use the friendly last week to try some new legs.

Does he get talked about much over there?

Not at all. Our media tend to ignore any foreign based player not starting for a "top" team.

Nah, you had players like Arbeloa becoming Spain regulars while playing abroad (Alonso and Torres were already established). You just have to play for a media darling.

That's imho, what is making him think twice about extending with you. He knows he is good enough to play for Spain.

Not at all. Our media tend to ignore any foreign based player not starting for a "top" team.

Exactly. Enrique is twice the player Arbeloa was at Liverpool.

Losing Enrique will be far more painful than losing Carroll, as far as I'm concerned.

If Enrique and Tiote go in the summer I doubt I'd renew my ST. I can see many others doing the same.

Isn't the deadline for much hailed "10 year price freeze" at the end of April?

Losing Enrique will be far more painful than losing Carroll, as far as I'm concerned.

If Enrique and Tiote go in the summer I doubt I'd renew my ST. I can see many others doing the same.

Isn't the deadline for much hailed "10 year price freeze" at the end of April?

It all clicks into place.