José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I'd snap their hands off for 15m.  Enrique while he is a solid defender is not as good as what some people make out for me, god knows what this makes Leighton Baines worth who'm imo is much better overall player.

Agreed. Baines illustrates how ineffective Enrique is in his offensive play. Imo £15 mill is a good offer when we consider that he only got one year left on his contract. 

We have to be realistic though. His form has dropped since Carroll's sale.  He is one our best players. But again, £15 mill allows us to buy a good replacement with a potential to be just as good or even better than Enrique. . And we could buy a better rb than Simpson. In sum that makes our defense stronger.

I'd snap their hands off for 15m.  Enrique while he is a solid defender is not as good as what some people make out for me, god knows what this makes Leighton Baines worth who'm imo is much better overall player.

:kinnear:

Good to see the bullshit coming out already trying to justify the potential sale of another of our best players. Pathetic.

Don't worry, Graham Carr is a talent spotting demi-god! We could get 5 Tiotes for 15 million!... (As long as Chris Hughton left behind his "Players Keegan had me scout" ringbinder when he was clearing out his office)

There is no justification behind the idea of flogging ANOTHER one of our best players off to f***ing Liverpool.

his contract is running out, which provides the justification

Why haven't the club offered him a competitive contract?

There is no justification behind the idea of flogging ANOTHER one of our best players off to f***ing Liverpool.

Because he won't discuss a new contract until we're safe.

who says they haven't ?

Oh I am sure there will be a lot more interest than just Liverpool, with any luck IF he is going to go it will be back to Spain.. BUT I am still hoping he will sign a new contract although I think the cunts may be lucking to cash in on him and have no real interest in trying to keep him.

Has he said that himself to the press, or was it Pardew?

I see where you're going with this...

And where is that?

And where is that?

You know...

;)

Oh I am sure there will be a lot more interest than just Liverpool, with any luck IF he is going to go it will be back to Spain.. BUT I am still hoping he will sign a new contract although I think the c***s may be lucking to cash in on him and have no real interest in trying to keep him.

The club wants to keep the best players, but if Enrique wants out, there's little the club can do with it. Offering him a ludicrous amount of money is wrong imo.