José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Yeah he's better but not by a huge amount. Simpson is quicker and doesnt dwell on the ball and try and beat his man sometime putting us under pressure. If we offer Jose 80k a week he will be one of our top earners, when we come to sign a new number 9 they will atelast want parity with a left back, probably more. If I was the main striker at a club I'd be well f***ed off if a left back earned more than me.

Where's Enrique wanting £80k come from?

I've just browsed this thread, and seen a few 80ks. I thought that was his demands. Fair play if its not. I doubt its about money with Jose anyway, probably about ambition, no matter who the chairman is, it is pretty difficult to keep your best players if you don't have CL or potential to be in the CL. Just look at Villa.

Yeah he's better but not by a huge amount. Simpson is quicker and doesnt dwell on the ball and try and beat his man sometime putting us under pressure.

Simpson isn't nearly as quick as Enrique, I don't think I've ever seen a player out pace him.

I've just browsed this thread, and seen a few 80ks. I thought that was his demands. Fair play if its not. I doubt its about money with Jose anyway, probably about ambition, no matter who the chairman is, it is pretty difficult to keep your best players if you don't have CL or potential to be in the CL. Just look at Villa.

I doubt that Enrique has any expectations of us playing CL football very soon, I think if we finish the season reasonably and spend the Carroll money well then he'll see that as progress.

The only things he's mentioned that I've seen regarding a new contract is for us to remain in the division before talks can even begin and he's mentioned playing for Spain.

Sad though it is, there can't be much doubt Liverpool would be seen as a more ambitious and powerful club. The new owner has been bullish lately about where he wants to take them, and backed it up with big money and wages spent on Carroll and Suarez. That's the kind of statement top players get their heads turned by.

I'm pretty conviced Jose would have been approached months ago. They've got Comolli in there, an experienced operator, doing the deals. As compared to who? Llambias? Their whole set up is much more high powered.

Our current "statement" is all about financial stability and self-sufficiency, leading to hard bargaining with agents and high earners over new contracts. As well as constant talk about whether the manager will get all the Carroll money or not. Not something a top footballer trying to maximise his potential in terms of income and playing level is going to want to hear.

The wonderful stage of playing for our club should always attract good quality players, but under this regime I reckon the top ones will always want to move on eventually.

That Lpool is spending stupid money doesn't necessarily mean that they're more ambitious. They paid over price on Carroll, Johnson and Paulson. Cole flopped. Is this a sound strategy? We're having a more sensible approach, but that's not the same as lack of ambitions. Everybody was satisfied with us staying up this season. The club and players have exceeded our expectations. Is not possible to  positive? Can't we wait until after the transfer window before we start criticizing the clubs policy?

Guest icemanblue

Danny Simpson is a god, and a magnificent specimen of a man.

Amazing what a 're-tweet' can do for someone's views on a player, eh?

I don't think money will be the deciding factor, he might just be ready for a change and a move to a better club.

Even Liverpool have lost a few of their best players in the last couple of seasons.

Which English clubs are better?  I can understand Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs for what they have done or because of financial clout.  Other then that, I don't see any better than us if we're at a level a club of our size should be at. 

People talk about Liverpool, they've only spent money they brought in from the sale of a player, they have spent next to nothing other than that yet they are being talked up as ambitious.

Heard all this bollocks before.

There's a truth to it though, isn't there? I mean, we know how futile and harmful it can be to 'show ambition' by just splashing money around.

Key point in bold right there. To some people spending more than £5m and/or keeping hold of good players is one step away from being Portsmouth. That club which doesn't exist any more, remember. Our lot keep going on and on about how good their scouting team is. But in actual fact they don't trust them that much at all.

Sad though it is, there can't be much doubt Liverpool would be seen as a more ambitious and powerful club. The new owner has been bullish lately about where he wants to take them, and backed it up with big money and wages spent on Carroll and Suarez. That's the kind of statement top players get their heads turned by.

I'm pretty conviced Jose would have been approached months ago. They've got Comolli in there, an experienced operator, doing the deals. As compared to who? Llambias? Their whole set up is much more high powered.

Our current "statement" is all about financial stability and self-sufficiency, leading to hard bargaining with agents and high earners over new contracts. As well as constant talk about whether the manager will get all the Carroll money or not. Not something a top footballer trying to maximise his potential in terms of income and playing level is going to want to hear.

The wonderful stage of playing for our club should always attract good quality players, but under this regime I reckon the top ones will always want to move on eventually.

That Lpool is spending stupid money doesn't necessarily mean that they're more ambitious. They paid over price on Carroll, Johnson and Paulson. Cole flopped. Is this a sound strategy? We're having a more sensible approach, but that's not the same as lack of ambitions. Everybody was satisfied with us staying up this season. The club and players have exceeded our expectations. Is not possible to  positive? Can't we wait until after the transfer window before we start criticizing the clubs policy?

Wasn't saying Liverpool are great, or that I wasn't pleased with how we've done this season. We've done really well.

Just trying to see this from a player's point of view. that's all.

Wasn't saying Liverpool are great, or that I wasn't pleased with how we've done this season. We've done really well.

Doesn't even need to be over-analyzed to that extent. Ultimately, they're Liverpool and we're Newcastle, its obvious which club any professional would be more attracted to.

Guest Stephen927

Ashley Cole is better defensively than Enrique. Jussaying.

Ashley Cole is 5 years older than him though ...

And does a lot more offensively too. Not as easy to defend when you're always pushing forward.

Doesn't even need to be over-analyzed to that extent. Ultimately, they're Liverpool and we're Newcastle, its obvious which club any professional would be more attracted to.

ooooooooooooooo.

Danny Simpson is a god, and a magnificent specimen of a man.

Amazing what a 're-tweet' can do for someone's views on a player, eh?

I'm not sure what this is? I've had my tongue up his arse for a while now.

Meh, you can't keep a player who doesn't want to stay . On to the next one is all i have to say on this subject.

It could be beneficial if we address the reason he doesn't want to stay if that's indeed the case.

Meh, you can't keep a player who doesn't want to stay . On to the next one is all i have to say on this subject.

It could be beneficial if we address the reason he doesn't want to stay.

Yeh, Pardew should be doing that. Who knows though, he might not like the area.

It's depressing that if he does go you can bet your bottom dollar the club will portray him as a greedy twat. Even more depressing is the number of fans that will evidently accept that without question.

Again.