José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

But imagine how good that 8 million will look on the balance sheet.  :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Getting boring already  :rolleyes:

Very few people if any are saying that we should sell just to get the money. The forum is split between those who blame the club for any high profile sale even if the players themselves want to go and those who are saying that if they want to go and we can't keep them, then sell BUT invest wisely, get a decent replacement and beef up the squad.

I think we'd better get used to more of this to be honest. With Ashley's idea of buying young players with a large resale potential we will become a selling club. How long before player like Vuckic or Ferguson play 30 - 40 games before moving on elsewhere? Obviously they are nowhere near Jose's standard but it seems to be the way we run the club at the minute!  :no:

The majority of clubs are selling clubs, why don't people realise this?

Stupid offer comes in (Ronaldo, Manchester united) and club accepts. Carroll was the 8th most expensive player ever after 6 months in the premiership and about 12 months from some biting Stokes hand off for £4m.

If Enrique wants to go he will be sold, especially with his contract situation. Even if we showed ambition and spent £50m in the summer we would still not be as big as these clubs he has been linked to.

But yeah, we are only here to sell players...

To be fair, Pardew is absolutely right in what he has said in that interview.

There is no point in keeping players who dont want to play for Newcastle. Whilst i dont think with Jose, it is a matter of not wanting to play for the club, but realising the fact that he is a very good player, and wants to progress with his career.

At Newcastle now, there is actually a desire to play for the shirt, rather than in recent years, where players have just been on silly contracts and not really bothered. We want to keep the mentality of players wanting to play for the club and putting 100% in every performance.

If that means Enrique going, then as much as it would be disappointing, there isn't much point in keeping him if he has his sights set much higher.

Wonder how we go about making Newcastle look a big club?

Don't sell Andy Carroll, for starters.

You can't say it wasn't a good deal! Carroll was never worth 35 million and seems to be struggling with injuries at the moment! DJ Campbell has scored as much and would you pay him more than 5 million at the moment

He's progressed faster than the club and we can't realistically keep up with his ambitions so I guess it's time to part ways on amicable terms. He's given us a few seasons of fine service and you can't begrudge him a move if one of the big clubs really are interested.

Just don't go to Liverpool :facepalm:

But imagine how good that 8 million will look on the balance sheet.  :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

Getting boring already  :rolleyes:

Very few people if any are saying that we should sell just to get the money. The forum is split between those who blame the club for any high profile sale even if the players themselves want to go and those who are

saying that if they want to go and we can't keep them, then sell BUT invest wisely, get a decent replacement

and beef up the squad.

I think this board is also split between people who are told by bitter experience that our hierarchy will NOT spend the Carroll/Enrique cash properly and fully, and those who choose to trust blind faith.

I wouldn't say it was blind faith at all like.

Can't see many saying we'll definitely spend all of the money.

I think we'll spend quite a bit in the summer, but just enough so that it's still ambiguous whether the "Carroll money" was spent or not so people can continue to have their pointless circular arguments on the topic.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We all knew he was leaving, no surprise and no reaction from me. Thanks for the last two years and all that.

Why Liverpool though?  They're not a big club anymore!  Not going to win anything for a long time, fans are cunts and financial uncertainty!  It's like when Zog 'promoted' himself to Wigan.  Look where that got him!

I really hope we continue to progress and one day have European football while Carroll and Jose look on from home in Merseyside...

We should have known back in October or whenever it was he said he'd wait until we're safe. Christ man, even teams who finish around 6th or 7th aren't generally mathematically safe until the last couple of months. I can't see Liverpool playing Champions League anytime soon anyway. Tit.