José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

So how many more is he going to bring in then?

He said he wanted 4 plus a replacement for Dyer if he goes, right?

Apparently so. Cacapa and Enrique make 2 if my maths is correct here, Dragutinovic would appear to be the probable 3rd... which leaves space for a potential right-back incoming, if you ask me. After Geremi's recent performances in the middle I want him kept there, if possible, and Solano/Taylor don't entirely convince me (although I reckon Taylor could be decent there, especially in the "harder" games where we need to be more solid at the back.) The documented bid for Steinsson of AZ Alkmaar and Faye from Bolton means we're sniffing around players who play there/can play there.

Drago/Enrique and a new RB and - as I said the other day - I'll be doing cartwheels.

That's what I thought but what happens if Dyer stays?

Does it knock the potential right back idea on the head?

Apparently so. Cacapa and Enrique make 2 if my maths is correct here, Dragutinovic would appear to be the probable 3rd... which leaves space for a potential right-back incoming, if you ask me. After Geremi's recent performances in the middle I want him kept there, if possible, and Solano/Taylor don't entirely convince me (although I reckon Taylor could be decent there, especially in the "harder" games where we need to be more solid at the back.) The documented bid for Steinsson of AZ Alkmaar and Faye from Bolton means we're sniffing around players who play there/can play there.

Drago/Enrique and a new RB and - as I said the other day - I'll be doing cartwheels.

Baggio with his head screwed on again, saying something I hadn't even considered (can't see KD staying, like, either of them.)

Can't say for sure, of course, but I'd imagine it might (especially with his wage-packet.) There were murmurings of Dyer playing there full-time for Newcastle and potentially England in the press/from Allardyce himself back in June. Maybe that'll be his (further) punishment? :lol:

I'd imagine the other two deals will still go through/can still go through, but you've opened up a good avenue on the RB issue if Dyer does end up sticking around. Time will tell, but it could certainly affect it.

The RB thing is ideal world stuff really, I could just about stomach Carr being involved if he keeps improving. Still thought he looked out of his depth today, like, despite what I've seen from others about him. Blinded by hatred?

Baggio with his head screwed on again, saying something I hadn't even considered (can't see KD staying, like, either of them.)

Can't say for sure, of course, but I'd imagine it might (especially with his wage-packet.) There were murmurings of Dyer playing there full-time for Newcastle and potentially England in the press/from Allardyce himself back in June. Maybe that'll be his (further) punishment? :lol:

I'd imagine the other two deals will still go through/can still go through, but you've opened up a good avenue on the RB issue if Dyer does end up sticking around. Time will tell, but it could certainly affect it.

The RB thing is ideal world stuff really, I could just about stomach Carr being involved if he keeps improving. Still thought he looked out of his depth today, like, despite what I've seen from others about him. Blinded by hatred?

I've said in another thread mate, you can bet Carr will go back to his old self sometime after the beginning of September, I can't see Dyer playing there either after Allardyce said he's looking for big defenders to stop us from conceding from dead ball situations, then again that probably rules Carr out too. :undecided:

I'd be tempted to buy Diarra from Chelsea and play him there all season (I know he's not big either) and then when Butt's contract runs out at the end of the season switch him to midfield and replace him with a proper right back, hopefully our options won't be as limited for someone to fill that position then.

If he stays then we don't buy a replacement for him.  Its not going to have any affect in the other 4 players Allardyce wants obviously.

If he stays then we don't buy a replacement for him.  Its not going to have any affect in the other 4 players Allardyce wants obviously.

Haven't we already bought a replacement for him? ???

I'd be happy enough with Taylor there, if Rozehnal looks as good as he has done and if Cacapa is as good as he's being pegged as being. I think Taylor has played some of his best games in the RB position for us and I still don't think it would do him any harm. I don't want to see the lad dropped completely, but I'll be surprised if he's a better bet/looks better in training than Rozehnal and Cacapa do once everyone's firing on all cylinders.

If anything, it will improve his "footballing" ability as he'll be expected to do more coming forwards and he'd offer us some invaluable extra height on set-plays at both ends of the field. Could keep his feet on the ground and prevent him from thinking he's "made it", as well. Obviously there's a fair few negatives that could be ventured to counteract what I'm saying, but I certainly don't think it would be a disaster if he was our first-choice right-back at least for a spell next season.

He hasn't done "enough" yet to have made that centre-half position his own - and he actually should have some competition now as well. He also needs to stop getting injured so often, which is obviously a big ask when a lot of the time it's not his fault!

Diarra is quality, but is he not off to Arsenal? I think he has a massive future in the game, but his stature would be a worry, as you mention. The Dyer as a RB thing was tongue-in-cheek, like!

I still hope a "proper" RB comes in, along with Drago and Enrique, but it wouldn't be a disaster if it didn't happen. It certainly wouldn't bother me as much as missing out on those two, who I think we're crying out for.

I don't know, was Smith really Dyers replacement?  Possibly..

Has Allardyce made any new comments on transfers since Dyer's deal collapsed?

He said he hopes/expects Enrique to sign tomorrow. That's about it.

The signing of Enrique will give Sam a selection headache (always a good thing) on the left hand side.

Up until now he's played Solano on the right and Milner on the left, with N'Zogbia behind. Once Enrique claims that LB spot (perhaps as early as the Bolton game, given he's the only fit, natural LB we have) then I suspect one of Zog/Solano/Milner will be dropped. All have looked good in pre-season, it looks a tough decision at the moment.

The signing of Enrique will give Sam a selection headache (always a good thing) on the left hand side.

Up until now he's played Solano on the right and Milner on the left, with N'Zogbia behind. Once Enrique claims that LB spot (perhaps as early as the Bolton game, given he's the only fit, natural LB we have) then I suspect one of Zog/Solano/Milner will be dropped. All have looked good in pre-season, it looks a tough decision at the moment.

N'Zogbia has to be first choice IMO.

The lack of pace in the team today with Milner and Solano on the wings will mean we will struggle to break down better opposition.

Given/Harper

Taylor/Carr --- Rozehnal/Ramage --- Cacapa/Taylor --- Enrique/Drago

Geremi/Butt

Milner/Barton    ---    Smith/Emre

Martins/Milner/Nobby                  Owen/Zog/Luque

Viduka/Shola

Squad-tastic.

FMarama.

Solano RB, Milner RW and Zoggy LW problem solved.

Perhaps, although Solano has yet to appear at RB under Allardyce while Carr has appeared there for every game. If Sam had real plans to play Nobby there in the near future he'd surely have given him some time there in pre-season.

Given/Harper

Geremi/Butt

Viduka/Shola

Squad-tastic.

FMarama.

Take Ramage out and whack in a new cb :D

Given/Harper

Geremi/Butt

Viduka/Shola

Squad-tastic.

FMarama.

Take Ramage out and whack in a new cb :D

Aye, :D. Shows the depth in our squad now going forward. Haven't even thought about Dyer, Duff, Carroll etc..

Perhaps, although Solano has yet to appear at RB under Allardyce while Carr has appeared there for every game. If Sam had real plans to play Nobby there in the near future he'd surely have given him some time there in pre-season.

Solano's played there a couple of times I think, not started though. He definitely played a half at Hartlepool at RB.

Solano's played there a couple of times I think, not started though. He definitely played a half at Hartlepool at RB.

Did he? Suppose it's a possibility then. I reckon it's Carr's position to lose at the moment though. Not that he's been in fantastic form, but he's done enough to keep his place so far.

Enrique's arrival will displace someone from the first team though, and at the moment none of those mentioned deserve to be dropped (IMO anyway). It'll be interesting to see how he juggles it.

Did he? Suppose it's a possibility then. I reckon it's Carr's position to lose at the moment though. Not that he's been in fantastic form, but he's done enough to keep his place so far.

Enrique's arrival will displace someone from the first team though, and at the moment none of those mentioned deserve to be dropped (IMO anyway). It'll be interesting to see how he juggles it.

Solano will be on the bench i think.

Enrique's arrival will displace someone from the first team though, and at the moment none deserve to be dropped. It'll be interesting to see how he juggles it.

Not sure about that, we've played Zog, Ramage and Hunty there, none of them look comfortable in that position.

Enrique's arrival will displace someone from the first team though, and at the moment none deserve to be dropped. It'll be interesting to see how he juggles it.

Not sure about that, we've played Zog, Ramage and Hunty there, none of them look comfortable in that position.

Yes but that means N'Zogbia will be benched as Milner will be playing left or maybe Milner will be benched, or maybe Solano will be benched and Milner will play right, you get the picture ;)

I'd prefer to see Zoggy on the left, Milner on the right. But Nobby's done well pre-season and his experience, coupled with the fact Milner's been used on the left wing a lot, may move him ahead of Zoggy in the pecking order.