José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Do you think £35m would break the top 5. Serious question.

I think bringing in N'Zogbia and Sturridge would have given us a good chance of fighting for or qualifying for the UEFA and I think 35 million would have been enough to bring those two in.

:sadnod:

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though? I also don't see any reason why we can't challenge top 7 even with two lesser players.

For now, yup.

This is a make or break year for him in terms of fighting for a place in the Euro 2012 squad and becoming Capdevila's long term successor, I don't think us finishing 7th would have much sway on things tbh.

I'd imagine that Enrique regrets making out that he'd sign once he knew we were safe, because it seems that he's had it in his mind that he'd sign when he was convinced we were going somewhere.  He'll definitely get the "greedy Judas c***" treatment by a good few like, but I'm not sure what a player could do to not get that treatment from some of our lot these days.  Not a player who's on the up anyway, it's easy to wish someone like Shefki Kuqi well when he leaves.

Link please

I think bringing in N'Zogbia and Sturridge would have given us a good chance of fighting for or qualifying for the UEFA and I think 35 million would have been enough to bring those two in.

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though? I also don't see any reason why we can't challenge top 7 even with two lesser players.

For now, yup.

This is a make or break year for him in terms of fighting for a place in the Euro 2012 squad and becoming Capdevila's long term successor, I don't think us finishing 7th would have much sway on things tbh.

Why's he talking about the top 6 in his tweets then?

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though?

I think it's more about seeing the club progress, being part of a happy camp and being on the right deal tbh.

Hence my earlier reply to you.

We were never going to progress to the level he wants to play at in the next 2-3 years at least so don't think that has any bearing, otherwise signing Tiote, and two full France internationals (who've achieved far more in their careers in France and internationally than Enrique has here by the way), would surely show some signs of progress. The only two players who've gone are players who were offered mental contracts and/or mega fees.

Tiote was unknown. Ben Arfa I have a feeling is here because he sees us as a stepping stone. Cabaye came because of the vision sold to him by Pardew (let's see if they fulfil their promise to him that investment will be made) and also for the money.  He's already on around 50k. Suppose his game improves one year down the line, he would then, of course, would want a pay rise. We would then simply have another enrique on our hands. And the cycle would carry on.

This is how I see Ashley's vision-

The first part of Ashley's plan, which is to find bargains in France, Holland, etc, sounds great. Don't have a problem with that. In fact, I've always wanted NUFC to have a deep scouting system that is capable of unearthing a gem or two.

The 2nd part of his plan, which is basically surrendering to any of the big clubs coming in for our players and any individual that shows improvement or ambition, is a load of crap.

It's a pre-season friendly, it's no way a reflection of how we will play during the season. In the same way we didn't get beaten 8-0 every game in the championship because we lost 6-1 to Leyton Orient.

It is only a pre-season friendly but it's exposed how thin our squad is when 2 or 3 of players are missing. 

For now, yup.

Why's he talking about the top 6 in his tweets then?

So he can cover his back when he ends up at Liverpool where the Spanish coach would keep tabs on him whether they're 1st or 7th.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Hearing incredible stuff from the States... #NUFC need to regroup quickly when they return to England. It can be done (Orient?) but...

45 seconds ago

Bust up? :undecided:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Hearing incredible stuff from the States... #NUFC need to regroup quickly when they return to England. It can be done (Orient?) but...

50 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

50 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This is very worrying like!

Guest Chubby Jason

Things aren't too bad. At least we'll get good money for him and we still have at least £30million in the bank to sign a top-class replacement.  :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Do you think that's enough for Enrique just playing Europa League though?

I think it's more about seeing the club progress, being part of a happy camp and being on the right deal tbh.

Hence my earlier reply to you.

We were never going to progress to the level he wants to play at in the next 2-3 years at least so don't think that has any bearing, otherwise signing Tiote, and two full France internationals (who've achieved far more in their careers in France and internationally than Enrique has here by the way), would surely show some signs of progress. The only two players who've gone are players who were offered mental contracts and/or mega fees.

Tiote was unknown. Ben Arfa I have a feeling is here because he sees us as a stepping stone. Cabaye came because of the vision sold to him by Pardew (let's see if they fulfil their promise to him that investment will be made) and also for the money.  He's already on around 50k. Suppose his game improves one year down the line, he would then, of course, would want a pay rise. We would then simply have another enrique on our hands. And the cycle would carry on.

This is how I see Ashley's vision-

The first part of Ashley's plan, which is to find bargains in France, Holland, etc, sounds great. Don't have a problem with that. In fact, I've always wanted NUFC to have a deep scouting system that is capable of unearthing a gem or two.

Which is what Ashley said in a club statement after promotion (and I also remember a lot of people in the Ben Arfa thread saying who cares if he sees us as a stepping stone if it means we get 1 or 2 good seasons out of him), and yet people still seem shocked and stunned.

But you made up that 2nd part.

You mean just like you twisted the scaniaro about enrique earlier?

We lost Carroll, Nolan, most likely enrique and, soon, Tiote if he continues to improve. Not to forget Barton. Which part is made-up?

It's a pre-season friendly, it's no way a reflection of how we will play during the season. In the same way we didn't get beaten 8-0 every game in the championship because we lost 6-1 to Leyton Orient.

It is only a pre-season friendly but it's exposed how thin our squad is when 2 or 3 of players are missing. 

More than 2-3. Ben Arfa, Ferguson, Guthrie, Barton, Williamson, Cabaye, Ranger anyone else? Plus we do seem to be attempting to get in at least one more striker.

But you made up that 2nd part.

You mean just like you twisted the scaniaro about enrique earlier?

We lost Carroll, Nolan, most likely enrique and, soon, Tiote if he continues to improve. Not to forget Barton. Which part is made-up?

As I've said, name one non-top 6 club who'd have rejected those offers, offered Barton a long-term contract, and would be able to keep a player like Enrique when he only has a year to go?

I cant imagine the heat wave will have done much for the squad's morale either. Being asked to train and play in red hot and humid conditions would get on anyones tits. It's hard enough walking round DisneyLand in the Floridian sun, let alone play football.

Whatever spin Pardew puts on it, the trip was a bad idea. Playing and training in Orlando in the summer ffs.

Have to agree - I know I keep bringing up the Sounders v. Man U game last week in Seattle, but they played in front of nearly 70,000 people, and temps were in the low-to-mid 70's - conditions couldn't have been more perfect. The support for soccer/football is strong up here, and I think NUFC should really consider the Pacific NW for their next visit to the US. Portland, Seattle and Vancouver, BC all have MSL teams, and draw 19000-35000 each, and the climate here is virtually the same as over in the UK.

Not a chance in hell of us challenging the top 7 this season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I reckon Pardew could be a bad tempered little bitch. Probably something involving him :lol: