José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

It's not like the players who have left have been playing for free either. Nolan and Routledge out versus Cayabe and Marveaux in is fairly even I'd have thought...

Smoke and mirrors man. Any excuse is trotted out and some people swallow the lot.

£20m in wages.... Give the fuck over.

Routledge was probably on half the wage Marveaux is on.

Love how xiscos wages goes up 10 grand for each year he's here :)

Pretty sure the £50k wage rumour was going round when we first signed him.  Who knows how true it is.

Guest bimpy474

This salary s*** has been a joke on here this summer. Can't believe we've been reduced to including five-year contract estimations into player acquisitions. Do we have no other regular income to cover those costs year-on-year like?

I've been wondering about that, if as we have been told that all new contracts(wages), Tiote, Barton (if he signs), the new players, Ba, Cabaye, Marvin, Abeid and now Eggyhead..........have been factored into the £35m, does that not mean that any outgoing turnover from the club can't include the wages of those players for the term of their contracts, as they are already paid in advance so to speak.

If the club include those players wages for the year in next years accounts as an expense going out, why ?

This salary s*** has been a joke on here this summer. Can't believe we've been reduced to including five-year contract estimations into player acquisitions. Do we have no other regular income to cover those costs year-on-year like?

I've been wondering about that, if as we have been told that all new contracts(wages), Tiote, Barton (if he signs), the new players, Ba, Cabaye, Marvin, Abeid and now Eggyhead..........have been factored into the £35m, does that not mean that any outgoing turnover from the club can't include the wages of those players for the term of their contracts, as they are already paid in advance so to speak.

If the club include those players wages for the year in next years accounts as an expense going out, why ?

Who's actually said all of that is coming out of the Carroll fee though?  I think its a misunderstanding coming from the fact that the Carroll fee will go into the clubs revenue and all costs will come out of that revenue.  Not that the exact way its working is really that important if the end result is money coming in and not going back into the squad (or at least a significant portion of it).

Who's actually said all of that is coming out of the Carroll fee though?  I think its a misunderstanding coming from the fact that the Carroll fee will go into the clubs revenue and all costs will come out of that revenue.  Not that the exact way its working is really that important if the end result is money coming in and not going back into the squad (or at leasr a significant portion of it).

Course it is, but never let the facts get in the way of a good whinge.

"There's been no bids for José and I want him to stay. I keep looking at him and smiling. He smiles back but he hasn't signed the contract yet and that is a problem."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/07/newcastle-united-alan-pardew

:lol:

I see hes using similar tactics on Barton:

"Me and Joey will have a couple of texts and take it from there."

Little bit presumptuous?

Guest bimpy474

Who's actually said all of that is coming out of the Carroll fee though?  I think its a misunderstanding coming from the fact that the Carroll fee will go into the clubs revenue and all costs will come out of that revenue.  Not that the exact way its working is really that important if the end result is money coming in and not going back into the squad (or at least a significant portion of it).

From what i recall Pardew said free transfers aren't cheap nowadays, agents/signing on fees, etc, It was in direct answer to questions about the £35m, thats why most people refer to it, even if you disregard the Carroll money, he definitely commented on whatever money available is covering the length of a contract, if thats the case they can't count any future years wages as an expense on a balance sheet.

Problems as always is there is a lot of guess work going on as we are told nothing, generally we are going by whatever snippets we get from Pardew.

Who's actually said all of that is coming out of the Carroll fee though?  I think its a misunderstanding coming from the fact that the Carroll fee will go into the clubs revenue and all costs will come out of that revenue.  Not that the exact way its working is really that important if the end result is money coming in and not going back into the squad (or at leasr a significant portion of it).

Course it is, but never let the facts get in the way of a good whinge.

:nope:

Disappointing.

Quite a few people have constantly mentioned the contracts within their imaginary budgets, which is what has been frustrating me and what caused me to write that post. It was in response to someone (Punk77) doing exactly that (in bold) immediately before it.