Geremi's pre-season performances

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Geremi was fantastic once again, my player of pre-season. I lost count at the number of balls he won simply by pressing, sticking a leg out to block a pass or by overpowering his opponent using his superb upper body strength and balance. Rarely does he go to ground to make a tackle, but even when he does he usually wins it. Since signing he's become a first-team player for me and has to play in central midfield as he's not only defensively very sound but he contributes towards the attack too. I've always considered him a good player but he's even better in the flesh. Great signing Sam, and on a free too.

Geremi was fantastic once again, my player of pre-season. I lost count at the number of balls he won simply by pressing, sticking a leg out to block a pass or by overpowering his opponent using his superb upper body strength and balance. Rarely does he go to ground to make a tackle, but even when he does he usually wins it. Since signing he's become a first-team player for me and has to play in central midfield as he's not only defensively very sound but he contributes towards the attack too. I've always considered him a good player but he's even better in the flesh. Great signing Sam, and on a free too.

Geremi looks like he's played for us for years. So composed and confident.

A surprising amount of vision for a maily def player as well. Makes things look easy.

Guest Knightrider

A surprising amount of vision for a maily def player as well. Makes things look easy.

Yep, which is what has surprised me. Like I said I've always considered him a good player but he actually looks a classy player. Perhaps he can be our Makalele? He certainly has the defensive nous and the athleticism to play that role as he's shown since he joined. I also like the fact he's a talker, he communicates with his team-mates. If he is to be made Captain I wouldn't complain.

Having praised him however, I'm eager to see what he's like away from home as one of the criticisms from Boro and Chelsea fans is that he often went missing on the road.

I guess we'll find out next week.

Early signs though are very very promising.

Geremi is a star. It's funny how he ended up as a right-winger at Borough and then a right-back at Chelsea!

Originally a defensive midfielder at Real Madrid and actually excelled there for them, and only played out wide for Real occassionally.

Really excited that he is still so comfortable playing in the middle of the park and hasn't lost his instincts having been moved around so much at Chelsea.

To think he has been sitting on Chelsea's bench all this time and never played in midfield for them. I mean, did they really need Sidwell? Surely Geremi is a better player?

Guest zerocipher

Geremi is a star. It's funny how he ended up as a right-winger at Borough and then a right-back at Chelsea!

Originally a defensive midfielder at Real Madrid and actually excelled there for them, and only played out wide for Real occassionally.

Really excited that he is still so comfortable playing in the middle of the park and hasn't lost his instincts having been moved around so much at Chelsea.

To think he has been sitting on Chelsea's bench all this time and never played in midfield for them. I mean, did they really need Sidwell? Surely Geremi is a better player?

They just got Sidwell so we didnt :p

It's not the point if whether Chelsea though Sidwell was better, Geremi wanted 1st team football.

They just got Sidwell so we didnt :p

Well it certainly worked out for us then! We probably wouldn't have gone for him if we got Sidwell.

Guest eyeball_tickler

his corners and free kicks will be a huge asset to us this year, similar to when robert was here.