Is it time to get shot of t'Owen?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought he was 'fitter than ever'...Pulls a thigh muscle kicking a ball ffs...Then it turns out he's torn it and will be out for at least a month.

I say get some money for him while we can, hell I'd take the £9m right now.

Can't see him playing more than 20 games for us, pains me to say so but it's looking omnimous.

Guest Knightrider

I'd take £6m right now without a doubt. Forgetting his err, commitment issues for a moment, simply as a player I don't think we need him.

I'd take £6m right now without a doubt. Forgetting his err, commitment issues for a moment, simply as a player I don't think we need him.

You say that now but when he comes back and scores, You will make a new thread preaching how Owen is world Class

Guest Knightrider

You say that now but when he comes back and scores, You will make a new thread preaching how Owen is world Class

I doubt it, for one he isn't a world-class player anymore, although his finishing abilities are, and secondly, he'll never play for us again because he's always fucking injured :D

I doubt it, for one he isn't a world-class player anymore, although his finishing abilities are, and secondly, he'll never play for us again because he's always fucking injured :D

What's wrong with him coach? Too much footie when he was younger has weakened him is one theory.

Guest Knightrider

What's wrong with him coach? Too much footie when he was younger has weakened him is one theory.

I really don't know. His earlier injuries, i.e. the hamstrings and groin injuries, were down to his acceleration, running style and growing body, all that pressure on the body at the same time was too much for him basically. As he's gotten older, learned how to run properly and to exercise his hamstrings, groin and calfs, he should really be in peak condition. But luck has deserted him in recent years it's fair to say. His last injury was a pure freak one as was his foot injury away to Spurs, while his new injury is a direct result of not playing for so long and the efforts he's exhausted to get back to fitness, again his body couldn't cope with the demands. I fear he'll forever be hit by one injury or another after another in the same way Dyer has been or Woodgate.

What makes cases like this all the more baffling is if you look at Shearer - he has had more injuries than Owen, yet he's never really been troubled by a succession of them.

How, and why?

No-one quite knows why.

I actually reckon mental well being has a major part to play myself. Owen hasn't been happy for years...

Guest BooBoo

Owens injuries have moved past the irritating stage, the unbelievable stage, the exasperating stage.........  and now we've entered the amusing stage.

:lol:

I really don't know. His earlier injuries, i.e. the hamstrings and groin injuries, were down to his acceleration, running style and growing body, all that pressure on the body at the same time was too much for him basically. As he's gotten older, learned how to run properly and to exercise his hamstrings, groin and calfs, he should really be in peak condition. But luck has deserted him in recent years it's fair to say. His last injury was a pure freak one as was his foot injury away to Spurs, while his new injury is a direct result of not playing for so long and the efforts he's exhausted to get back to fitness, again his body couldn't cope with the demands. I fear he'll forever be hit by one injury or another after another in the same way Dyer has been or Woodgate.

What makes cases like this all the more baffling is if you look at Shearer - he has had more injuries than Owen, yet he's never really been troubled by a succession of them.

How, and why?

No-one quite knows why.

I actually reckon mental well being has a major part to play myself. Owen hasn't been happy for years...

The last point is part of the pic I reckon. These days there are whole books on the mental aspect to regular injuries or loss of form and fitness.

Guest Knightrider

How, and why?

No-one quite knows why.

The last point is part of the pic I reckon. These days there are whole books on the mental aspect to regular injuries or loss of form and fitness.

Aye, I'm a firm believer in how powerful mental well being is, not just in football either. Very powerful stuff that can pretty much determine the outcome of anything or conversely, screw you good and proper. A lot of people see it as mumbo jumbo but positive thinking and a state of well being mentally is they key to prosperity in whatever form it comes under. The mind is very complex.  blueyes.gif

Out of all the permutations in our forward line, only Owen + Viduka makes any sense to me. Where would he play in a 433?

I liked our flexibility today, Owen just isnt flexible.

He certainly isn't, he would pull something as soon as you tried to bend him over!

Guest Deep456

Out of all the permutations in our forward line, only Owen + Viduka makes any sense to me. Where would he play in a 433?

I liked our flexibility today, Owen just isnt flexible.

He certainly isn't, he would pull something as soon as you tried to bend him over!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :-X

How, and why?

No-one quite knows why.

Aye, I'm a firm believer in how powerful mental well being is, not just in football either. Very powerful stuff that can pretty much determine the outcome of anything or conversely, screw you good and proper. A lot of people see it as mumbo jumbo but positive thinking and a state of well being mentally is they key to prosperity in whatever form it comes under. The mind is very complex.  blueyes.gif

Have to get the mind right for success to follow imo.

So surely while he is injured again, we need to try and get behind him and not start talking about off-loading him

This is true. But don't you think we've stuck by him long enough?

So surely while he is injured again, we need to try and get behind him and not start talking about off-loading him

This is true. But don't you think we've stuck by him long enough?

I dont think so.

Some people are still sticking by Dyer and wanting him to return and he has done far more to deserve our lack of support.

Granted it is bloody frustrating how little we have seen of Owen but to date he has done little to suggest we shouldnt stand by him