Is it time to get shot of t'Owen?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have to get the mind right for success to follow imo.

So surely while he is injured again, we need to try and get behind him and not start talking about off-loading him

This is true. But don't you think we've stuck by him long enough?

I dont think so.

Some people are still sticking by Dyer and wanting him to return and he has done far more to deserve our lack of support.

Granted it is bloody frustrating how little we have seen of Owen but to date he has done little to suggest we shouldnt stand by him

I thought he took a fair old time to swear his alligance to us this summer.

Obviously not time to get shot, if only for the reason that he's injured and no one's going to buy him this window.

We have to see how it looks in January, and by then we'll have a better idea how he fits into Sam's scheme of things – how often we're playing 4-3-3, how good he looks when he does play, what other players get injured etc. I don't think Owen-Viduka is the only option in a 4-4-2, however. Could also play Owen-Smith or Owen-Shola.

Obviously not time to get shot, if only for the reason that he's injured and no one's going to buy him this window.

We have to see how it looks in January, and by then we'll have a better idea how he fits into Sam's scheme of things – how often we're playing 4-3-3, how good he looks when he does play, what other players get injured etc. I don't think Owen-Viduka is the only option in a 4-4-2, however. Could also play Owen-Smith or Owen-Shola.

Owen - Smith would only happen because of injuries, true he could play with Shola. Its the 433 that perplexes me more tbh.

The fact that none of the big four were interested at £9 million says it all. He's actually not nearly as good as his reputation suggests.

No-one is silly enough to buy him, so the question is academic.

Guest Strunz

So, he's not very happy is he.  Poor didums.

Yes, I know it's all relative, but if I was on £120,000 a week for this kind of 'work', was set up for life as a multi millionaire, and was still in my 20s, then I'd be quite happy.  EVERY DAY OF MY BLOODY LIFE.

This bunch of overpaid arrogant and unbelievably lucky premadonnas need to learn some humility, give back to local communities, and generally keep their heads down, give 100% for a few years, then get the fvck out of my face!

Yes, I know it's all relative, but if I was on £120,000 a week for this kind of 'work', was set up for life as a multi millionaire, and was still in my 20s, then I'd be quite happy.  EVERY DAY OF MY BLOODY LIFE.

This bunch of overpaid arrogant and unbelievably lucky premadonnas need to learn some humility, give back to local communities, and generally keep their heads down, give 100% for a few years, then get the fvck out of my face!

Agreed. They do need to give back more, for instance all those former Leeds players who were earning a fortune there a few years ago...Where are they at Leeds time of need?

Agreed. They do need to give back more, for instance all those former Leeds players who were earning a fortune there a few years ago...Where are they at Leeds time of need?

What are you suggesting they should do? They were employees, not fans.

Didn't Bellamy help some Welsh club out recently?

They should sell all their houses, cars and designer clothes and that, and give all the money to Ken Bates of course.

Someone like Rio going off his wages just over the last 4/5 years must have £15-20m in the bank. Even 5% of that would come in handy to Leeds in their current scenario.

I'm not saying footballers aren't greedy twats Parky, but imo it's unreasonable to expect them to donate their own money to a badly run organisation they once happened to represent.

Guest sharath

so you worked in a company for 10 years which gave you good salary, now you have moved onto a bigger and better company.  if the old company goes bankrupt because of improper managerment are you saying you will donate some money to it?

if you don't, then its wrong on your part to expect rio to do that.

if you do, then you have gone mad

Guest Ridzuan

We should stick with him.When he is fit,he will come good for us.I think after this injury of his,he will have a fine season.

so you worked in a company for 10 years which gave you good salary, now you have moved onto a bigger and better company.  if the old company goes bankrupt because of improper managerment are you saying you will donate some money to it?

if you don't, then its wrong on your part to expect rio to do that.

if you do, then you have gone mad

Yeah it's madness to want to give something back. It's what billionaires spend most of their time doing. I guess all that money has driven them mad.

I'm not saying footballers aren't greedy twats Parky, but imo it's unreasonable to expect them to donate their own money to a badly run organisation they once happened to represent.

I don't really expect them to do it. But if some did it might be a nice gesture and a signal to others  (young supporters) that life isn't all about taking. Many of the ex-Leeds players and their huge wage demands is part of the reason the club got into the mess it is now and Risdale of course.

Ironic that we are having this chat in the Michael Owen thread.

Guest unrealterrorist

We should stick with him.When he is fit,he will come good for us.I think after this injury of his,he will have a fine season.

Funny you saying that with your advertar being viduka  ;D