Finishing league position - prediction time

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1.  Manchester Utd

2.  Chelsea

3.  Liverpool

4.  Arsenal

5.  Tottenham

6.  Newcastle

7.  Everton

8.  West Ham

9.  Blackburn

10. Portsmouth

11. Aston Villa

13. Manchester City

I dont believe that much in City. Too many new players not used to the EPL and haven't had time to settle in. Imo if you sign many new players, especially foreign players i dont think that you can play all of them from the start. But if you have a good mix with proven PL players and new you might do alot better.

I have a strong feeling that city will be very much of a roller coast ride. Mixing good with really bad. And im not sure that this Bianchi will find his feet in the PL from the beginning, and if he is'n strong mentally his confidence will go down really low if things dont work that well, and it's not that easy to pick up from there. Good player though, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was to flop like the hole City team over the new season ahead.

I dont believe that they will end up inside the top 10 anyway. Time will tell.

Guest samjack

Well i'm gonna say ' 4th ' (very optimistcaly) reasons being i reckon the top 3 as in Man U, Chelsea & Liverpool are as good as nailed on, but after that....well why not!!!

No european games unlike our main rivals,

BS seems to be addressing our main problem area of the past god knows how many years...the deeeefence!!

Not to mention a group of strikers which ' most ' of the premiership would give their eye teeth for.

I also reckon the ' Arse ' might struggle  (relatively ) a bit with the loss of their talisman & out of the rest of our main rivals probably the 'the front wheel skids' are the ones that be pushing with us for the coverted 4th spot..

Well i for one am more exited this year than i can remember (& our lass thinks it her new hairstyle :smitten:)

Guest shearer_united

5th would be great.  between 6th and 8th would be a fair position.

Which one then, 5th, 6th or 8th?

well in the poll i chose 7th. But in reality 6th to 8th would be a fair place considering the squad's state.

However, if the whole team gives 100% there could be a chance of ending in 5th place which is great indeed.

when you look at that table it shows how hard its gonna be this year.  The first 11 teams are all pretty strong.

Villa and bolton are unknown quantities atmo.

dogfight.....will be 7 teams deep imo.

that table seems pretty accurate , good job)      sunderland to stay up LOL

1.  Manchester United

2.  Chelsea

3.  Liverpool

4.  Arsenal

-----------------

5.  Newcastle United

6.  West Ham United

-----------------

7.  Tottenham

8.  Everton

9.  Manchester City

10. Portsmouth

11. Aston Villa

12. Blackburn

13. Birmingham City

14. Bolton

15. Reading

16. Sunderland

17. Middlesbrough

-----------------

18. Fulham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

4th.

1 - Manchester United

2 - Liverpool

3 - Chelsea

4 - Newcastle United

5 - Manchester City

6 - Arsenal

7 - Aston Villa

8 - Everton

9 - Tottenham

Not very 'fashionable' (indeed, a bit controversial, especially to those obsessed with the current 'top four') but, lets wait and see!!

4th!!!! muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

4th.

1 - Manchester United

2 - Liverpool

3 - Chelsea

4 - Newcastle United

5 - Manchester City

6 - Arsenal

7 - Aston Villa

8 - Everton

9 - Tottenham

Not very 'fashionable' (indeed, a bit controversial, especially to those obsessed with the current 'top four') but, lets wait and see!!

Let's all just wait and see, Mr Monkey!

We are consistently under rated, while a few other teams are consistently over rated.

None of us (in doing a forecast for us) have anything (at all) to go on, as the club/team did not exist in its current form last season at all. In my judgement we will score a lot of goals, and the only thing that stopped us picking up a lot more points last season was the defence. This season we should pick up a huge number of additional points with the defence (as I "hope" it is) sorted!!

4th.

1 - Manchester United

2 - Liverpool

3 - Chelsea

4 - Newcastle United

5 - Manchester City

6 - Arsenal

7 - Aston Villa

8 - Everton

9 - Tottenham

Let's all just wait and see, Mr Monkey!

We are consistently under rated, while a few other teams are consistently over rated.

None of us (in doing a forecast for us) have anything (at all) to go on, as the club/team did not exist in its current form last season at all. In my judgement we will score a lot of goals, and the only thing that stopped us picking up a lot more points last season was the defence. This season we should pick up a huge number of additional points with the defence (as I "hope" it is) sorted!!

yes, we shall see indeed.

I have some fundamental issues with a number of our positions, but i'm a cynical man, so thats understandable.

Did the whole prediction thing in the spreadsheet, my results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Sparkynufc/prediction0607.jpg

Only 2 losses at home??

Didnt lose to the teams above us in that table last season at home. Possible I guess. Lost 5 last season to poor sides. Lost 3 the season before. Entirely possible we could only lose 2. Not sure we will though.

Did the whole prediction thing in the spreadsheet, my results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Sparkynufc/prediction0607.jpg

Only 2 losses at home??

Didnt lose to the teams above us in that table last season at home. Possible I guess. Lost 5 last season to poor sides. Lost 3 the season before. Entirely possible we could only lose 2. Not sure we will though.

we have improved defensively, obviously - as long as Given is in goal. But the big clubs have improved more. i think we'll probably still do relatively well against the bigger boys, but get spanked more off the smaller clubs.

Teams do seem a bit stronger this year ...but that counts for all the teams so I suggest there will not be such a great difference between 4th and 8th place.

If we are lucky with injuries (ha ha ha) I reckon we could scrape sixth place. We should be able to score a lot more goals this year and our defence and midfield looks a lot sturdier aswell, just a shame barton isn't starting the season at Bolton. Not too bothered that owen isn't playing because in Smith and Oba we have two decent covering strikers.

Sam will play this formation on saturday (remember he did say he would make us hard to beat away from home!):

------------Harper(Given if fit)------------

Carr----Taylor---Roz----Zoggy

Solano--Geremi--Butt---Milner

---------Smith------------

-----------------Viduka----------

Nothing astonished about the issue really but the key is turning draws into wins.

Looking at our top 5 finishes in Bobbys time

2003-04. Finshed 5th - 17 draws - lost 8

2002-03. Finished  3rd - 6 draws - lost 11

2001-02. Finished 4th - 8 draws - lost 13

Our strikeforce is fine. Still worry about midfield. Back then we had pace all over with Dyer, Bellamy and Robert stretching teams. Now?

Nothing astonished about the issue really but the key is turning draws into wins.

Our strikeforce is fine. Still worry about midfield. Back then we had pace all over with Dyer, Bellamy and Robert stretching teams. Now?

I think our strikerforce is very, very average if you look at it. We won't be bothering the top Scorers list, i imagine.

I think our strikerforce is very, very average if you look at it. We won't be bothering the top Scorers list, i imagine.

Average? Not sure you'll find many agreeing with you there. Midfield is the problem in terms of turning games. All too similar and all far too one paced.

We have very little as an outlet when under pressure and even less on the break.

Its not necessarily all done with the ball. Robert Dyer and Bellamy dovetailed each other very well. It didnt let teams settle. We have to slow the game down too much at present and we have very little to speed it up again.

Its fine saying they can beat a man. They usually have to cos they have no chance of getting away from them. Nobby is fine but slowing down. Milner isnt a top class winger. Both slow the game down too much. Zog and Duff have a lot to prove. Honestly think we struggle out wide. Our right sided fullback isnt going to do much on the attack and the left side is open to debate - depends whether Enrique proves himself.

Until we get some pace back in the that team we are far too one-dimensional. Funnily enough the game changed when Martins came on in the second half v Sampdoria and played on the right side of attack and Zog went left. We had more options. Nb: thats what Dyer brings to a team. Something you seem unable to see.