Andy Carroll signs for Preston NE on loan

NSG

Guest David Kelly

Isn't the new ruling that you can't do recalls anymore?

Good move for us if it happens though, I can't see him getting games ahead of Owen, Martins, Viduka, Smith or Ameobi and then there's still Luque.  It would really need to be an injury crisis worse then even we have ever got near for it to be any sort of problem.

Guest tuppence

excellent news!!!!! Best news this summer behind Allardyce getting the job for me!

:lol:

before I take a bow....care to explain whats funny nicholas?

It's typical of someone here to think a reserve forward going out on loan is better news than signing someone like Mark Viduka on a free, always trying to be so insightful but you just look stupid

All loan deals should have a recall clause in them but I doubt we will need to recall Carroll, we will be well in shit state with injuries if he is needed back at some point this season.

I dont think you recall them anymore, Aint there a new rule out which put a stop to recalling the loaned out players? 

excellent news!!!!! Best news this summer behind Allardyce getting the job for me!

It's typical of someone here to think a reserve forward going out on loan is better news than signing someone like Mark Viduka on a free, always trying to be so insightful but you just look stupid

See...the point is...I believe that Carroll has massive potential, that will not be fulfilled if he is to stay with the club in the shadow of all the bigger players above him. Look at Ameobi, Ramage, Hughes, etc....players who never went out on season long loans at lower division clubs (or elsewhere for that matter). If there's another Alan Shearer in Andy Carroll, I don't want us paying 15m to "bring him home".

Every single one of our summer recruits I am delighted with. There's no doubting that. But then again, I had no doubts we would be signing quality under Sam Allardyce, and that has been my opinion and belief since his appointment. For me, personally, Big Sam coming in has been the best news of the summer for the club, as I believe under his stewardship the club can finally move in the right direction. Carroll's move to Wednesday is yet another shred of evidence that the club is beginning to head that way.

Re the new signings...you mention getting Viduka on a free. Excellent player, yes, but there's a chance the move in general might not work out! Remember getting Duff for 5m, which was loose change really for a player of his calibre, and look how that's turned out so far! All I'm saying is that players come and go season in season out. The news about Carroll makes me happy because it shows how the philosophy of the club is slowly starting to change.

Guest tuppence

See...the point is...I believe that Carroll has massive potential, that will not be fulfilled if he is to stay with the club in the shadow of all the bigger players above him. Look at Ameobi, Ramage, Hughes, etc....players who never went out on season long loans at lower division clubs (or elsewhere for that matter). If there's another Alan Shearer in Andy Carroll, I don't want us paying 15m to "bring him home".

Every single one of our summer recruits I am delighted with. There's no doubting that. But then again, I had no doubts we would be signing quality under Sam Allardyce, and that has been my opinion and belief since his appointment. For me, personally, Big Sam coming in has been the best news of the summer for the club, as I believe under his stewardship the club can finally move in the right direction. Carroll's move to Wednesday is yet another shred of evidence that the club is beginning to head that way.

I agree it should be good for his development, but I think it was a bit of an exaggeration to say it's the best player news of the summer when we've brought in top quality players which will have a direct impact on our success this season, unlike Carroll going out on loan. So by saying Carroll going out on loan is the second best news of the summer, are you saying you'd choose sending him out on loan over than bringing in any one of our new signings?

I agree it should be good for his development, but I think it was a bit of an exaggeration to say it's the best player news of the summer when we've brought in top quality players which will have a direct impact on our success this season, unlike Carroll going out on loan. So by saying Carroll going out on loan is the second best news of the summer, are you saying you'd choose sending him out on loan over than bringing in any one of our new signings?

No not at all. It's not about "choosing" one over the other. Like I said, I knew we would sign quality players when SA was appointed. So technically, happy as I've been with the new players, it wasn't much of a surprise as it was inevitable that a good manager sign good players. Plus, we've been signing quality players on a regular basis. Granted we've been paying over the top for them, and now we're wheeling and dealing and getting value for money, but thats what you get with Big Sam. Loaning out Krul and Carroll has come as a nice surprise, and makes for a good change at last in how we handle our youth players.

Mate it's all relative! Im happy Carroll's gone out on loan....so just leave me the fuck alone :lol:

No not at all. It's not about "choosing" one over the other. Like I said, I knew we would sign quality players when SA was appointed. So technically, happy as I've been with the new players, it wasn't much of a surprise as it was inevitable that a good manager sign good players. Plus, we've been signing quality players on a regular basis. Granted we've been paying over the top for them, and now we're wheeling and dealing and getting value for money, but thats what you get with Big Sam. Loaning out Krul and Carroll has come as a nice surprise, and makes for a good change at last in how we handle our youth players.

Mate it's all relative! Im happy Carroll's gone out on loan....so just leave me the fuck alone :lol:

Fully agree with that. :thup:

Good club for him to go out to, and nice that we have enough of a squad we can afford to let our prospects go out on loan. Wasn't Huntington meant to be going to Argyle last year before we decided we didn't have enough defenders?

Agree with that. Decent standard of football, Laws will look after him and it's only a couple of hours away so it'll be easier to keep an eye on him and track his progress. :)

A bloody good move from Sam it will only be better for him and the club in the long run, I would also like to see Troisi go out on loan as well as Edgar and not just to English clubs maybe some clubs in Spain would be good.