Why do we bother with Shola?

Parky

Guest unrealterrorist

He's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, he plays for the shirt, he's probably not costing us much, and he seems to accept being low down the pecking order and continues to fight for a place, bringing optimism and a positive attitude, rather than sullen disgruntlement, to the bench.

Pretty good option, really, for a fifth-choice striker.

If a player is happy being a sub I want him out of the club. [brian Clough/]

well thats harper gone as well then but i do understand the sentiment

He's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, he plays for the shirt, he's probably not costing us much, and he seems to accept being low down the pecking order and continues to fight for a place, bringing optimism and a positive attitude, rather than sullen disgruntlement, to the bench.

Pretty good option, really, for a fifth-choice striker.

If a player is happy being a sub I want him out of the club. [brian Clough/]

well thats harper gone as well then but i do understand the sentiment

It's a little different with goalkeepers. There is a long history of understudies in football.

as crumpy said, he looked slow as fuck yesterday.

i saw allardyce go off his tits when he didnt chase their keeper down as well towards the end.

i agree though, lets give him a few games to see where he is at, although i do think shola will struggle under the new regime/style.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

as crumpy said, he looked slow as f*** yesterday.

i saw allardyce go off his tits when he didnt chase their keeper down as well towards the end.

i agree though, lets give him a few games to see where he is at, although i do think shola will struggle under the new regime/style.

In all fairness, he hasn't been back to full fitness for long.

He's the sort of player who we can keep as 4th choice. But I can't see him still being with us in two years.

You know in the odd game he looks quite lethal when he decides to up the tempo from his loping gate. Wanders around grinning  and scowling..."The balls over there Shola!!" More grinning, hands on hips.

Is he quite useless or our secret weapon this season?

I can never make me mind up about him.

Will Sam work his magic?

Will he give Viduka a run for his money?

Will there ever be world peace?

Is god love?

only a few years ago people said he would fill Shearers boots. At the end of last season, people still said we didn't need defenders because we had enough forwards [including him in their list of forwards]

Saying Ameobi is a valuable and worthy member of the squad at this club is no different to saying Babayaro is the same.

He is a load of cack. Always was. Scored goals in europe though, like Arsprilla, which fools people. 

The sooner he goes the better, for a fee. He has a level, but its lower than here.

Hartlepool or Darlo maybe.

Coming from someone who said Bramble is a valuable and worthy member of the squad. Coming from someone who said a Newcastle United defense marshalled by Titus Bramable doesn't need much strengthening :D

Guest Knightrider

At the point of Ameobi's introduction we were playing one up top and Bolton having noticed this, were trying to get Faye on the ball from the back to join the midfield, as the spare man, to dictate their play as much as possible. Well Ameobi's bumbling presence effectively ended that little tactic of Bolton's as he was ordered to "set about Faye" which he did, in a crude way albeit. In short, he did what a good squad player is there to do, come in and do a job for the team. He was effective and that's all I ask from such players, to be of some value to the team. Under Big Sam we'll see a lot of players we may not rate or like or consider as footballers, be used in such a way. I just hope their input doesn't go unnoticed because those type of players are going to be very important for us...

Except that he wasn't really effective... on a few occasions when there was finally chance for some restbite he needlessly fouled their players giving possession straight back to them.

Guest eyeball_tickler

if he was to go to somewhere like wigan or derby to be their number 1 striker as opposed to 5th choice here, then i'd respect him a bit more. it shows no desire to better himself or ambition to settle for 5th choice.

on that subject, has any club ever shown a (public) interest in him? if he's such a good squad player then surely somebody must have.

Guest Knightrider

Except that he wasn't really effective... on a few occasions when there was finally chance for some restbite he needlessly fouled their players giving possession straight back to them.

Disrupting flow of game/causing unrest in home ends and winding down the clock. We were 3-1 up and comfortable, if they were allowed to build any momentum however, things could have become extremely uncomfortable.

He did what I'm in no doubt was expected of him, from the bench. To go and jump all over Faye and be a complete nuisance in the most crudest of ways.

if he was to go to somewhere like wigan or derby to be their number 1 striker as opposed to 5th choice here, then i'd respect him a bit more. it shows no desire to better himself or ambition to settle for 5th choice.

on that subject, has any club ever shown a (public) interest in him? if he's such a good squad player then surely somebody must have.

Tottenham :lol: quite a few times before Jol got there.

Disrupting flow of game/causing unrest in home ends and winding down the clock. We were 3-1 up and comfortable, if they were allowed to build any momentum however, things could have become extremely uncomfortable.

He did what I'm in no doubt was expected of him, from the bench. To go and jump all over Faye and be a complete nuisance in the most crudest of ways.

Its a fair point like. But at the same time, youve gotta question why the hell cant he bust a gut more when running-jogging, altho thats the point, its not running, he just jogs. Im not saying why isnt he fast, but simply when have you seen him actually sprint?? I backed his case for a while personally and thought he got unfair stick to begin with, but he has had so many chances to shine since bieng here and hasnt taken them, he's been so poor for so long now imo, its crazy he's still here.

Coming from someone who said Bramble is a valuable and worthy member of the squad. Coming from someone who said a Newcastle United defense marshalled by Titus Bramable doesn't need much strengthening :D

not really surprised you don't understand the make up of the team and how they played when you hardly saw it, if at all

[although I have never said Bramble was a major player anyway, Taylor yes, but not Bramble]

I see you are still obsessed about the old board ie your sig, and still read the utter shite in the Guardian

;D

Guest Knightrider

Its a fair point like. But at the same time, youve gotta question why the hell cant he bust a gut more when running-jogging, altho thats the point, its not running, he just jogs. Im not saying why isnt he fast, but simply when have you seen him actually sprint?? I backed his case for a while personally and thought he got unfair stick to begin with, but he has had so many chances to shine since bieng here and hasnt taken them, he's been so poor for so long now imo, its crazy he's still here.

Never seen Viduka sprint...

I think people are being extremely harsh here, he came on for a few minutes, he's hardly figured in pre-season and hasn't played much football at all for more than 6 months, and people expect a player who isn't quick to start with, to start sprinting about chasing things?

Never seen Viduka sprint...

I think people are being extremely harsh here, he came on for a few minutes, he's hardly figured in pre-season and hasn't played much football at all for more than 6 months, and people expect a player who isn't quick to start with, to start sprinting about chasing things?

He's been like it long before his injury, he spends more time on the floor. He's basically went back-wards imo, I remember when he played some games under SBR when we finished third and he was a much better player and got too much stick then. But like I said, hes went backwards imo.

Another 2 or 3 examples today where he just refuses to go into top gear to run after a ball.

One shocking one where he was away and just ambled towards it, allowing Faye to come in and win the ball.

Had he had his arse in gear for that we could have scored as they looked exposed at the back.

Saw that.

I think that example is a little unfair. We all know he can't sprint and hasn't got the greatest engine on him. If you look at it again he was playing up top on his own & had been "chasing" down the Bolton defenders for about 30 seconds pevious. We then broke up play & knocked the ball forward & he had another 25 yard chase. He simply didn't have the legs to get there as he hadn't recovered.

I watched the game again this morning - he did ok.

not really surprised you don't understand the make up of the team and how they played when you hardly saw it, if at all

[although I have never said Bramble was a major player anyway, Taylor yes, but not Bramble]

I see you are still obsessed about the old board ie your sig, and still read the utter s**** in the Guardian

;D

's

:D So Ameobi played more regularly for us than Bramble? :D

Yeah I read the Guardian, better that you reading Alan Oliver's exclusives, and better than you licking someone's ball. He is lying on the bed now you know, flaccid and impotent I would guess. Softer, and easier to suck I would imagine too! And now he is lying low on the bed, you being a bitch could reach the desired height more easily!

Bla bla Bla I miss Freddy Shepherd !!!!

I see you are still obsessed about the old board ie your sig, and still read the utter s**** in the Guardian

;D

's

:D So Ameobi played more regularly for us than Bramble? :D

Yeah I read the Guardian, better that you reading Alan Oliver's exclusives, and better than you licking someone's ball. He is lying on the bed now you know, flaccid and impotent I would guess. Softer, and easier to suck I would imagine too! And now he is lying low on the bed, you being a bitch could reach the desired height more easily!

Bla bla Bla I miss Freddy Shepherd !!!!

well, what a silly boy. What childish comments.

I don't even get the Chronicle. I don't even live in Newcastle at the moment.

mackems.gif

I miss playing in the Champions League and europe. Lets hope we match it, and surpass it, asap eh  ;D

mackems.gif Not living in Newcastle? What happens to your ultra uber suppa fan best fan most loyal fan in 40 years la di dum  mackems.gif

You are not qualified to support Newcastle United - shut up then !!!