Hammers eye Solano move - More Oliver bollocks?

Leazes1986

Just been reading this thread for the first time and I'd happily get rid of Solano as I don't think he's half as good as some people think he is. Also think he's had some friends in the press as he caused problems for Robson and Roeder last season but not much got out in contrast to some of the stories about Dyer which for me have been blown out of proportion. Related to Solano, the time I realised that Newcastle was going down the pan was when Clark and Solano returned to the club under Souness. It was all made worse with a large section of the fans applauding too.

Also saw some comments about Solano going on the coaching side by a few people at the beginning of the thread, but it got me thinking about how under used Beardsley is. A far superior player than Solano and pretty much any other Newcastle player for the last 50 years. I just can't believe how he's not more involved in the game, makes you wonder if there was more to the bullying accusations of a few years back. I also don't know why we do not get Gazza as well to work with the kids. Sure he'll not be the best coach but I reckon he would give the youngsters such a lift by his sheer presence. If his head is in order he could also teach the young players about the pitfalls of being a footballer.

Not saying the two above because they are Geordies, but more that we have two world class ex footballers on our door step doing nothing.

Just been reading this thread for the first time and I'd happily get rid of Solano as I don't think he's half as good as some people think he is. Also think he's had some friends in the press as he caused problems for Robson and Roeder last season but not much got out in contrast to some of the stories about Dyer which for me have been blown out of proportion. Related to Solano, the time I realised that Newcastle was going down the pan was when Clark and Solano returned to the club under Souness. It was all made worse with a large section of the fans applauding too.

Also saw some comments about Solano going on the coaching side by a few people at the beginning of the thread, but it got me thinking about how under used Beardsley is. A far superior player than Solano and pretty much any other Newcastle player for the last 50 years. I just can't believe how he's not more involved in the game, makes you wonder if there was more to the bullying accusations of a few years back. I also don't know why we do not get Gazza as well to work with the kids. Sure he'll not be the best coach but I reckon he would give the youngsters such a lift by his sheer presence. If his head is in order he could also teach the young players about the pitfalls of being a footballer.

Not saying the two above because they are Geordies, but more that we have two world class ex footballers on our door step doing nothing.

Being world class ex footballers is absolutely no reason to habe them on the staff now.  And as much as I like gascoigne, I wouldnt want him anywhere near the staff at Newcastle

Just have to agree to disagree on that one then as I reckon Beardsley could pass on so much to the youngsters/youth team in terms of helping to develop their skills. Also think Gazza, if he was working in the age group of say 10-16 could have a good impact. As I said earlier if Gazze had his head switched on he could pass on so much to the players in their late teens in a similar way that Tony Adams has done with his "football clinic".

Having these two on the books would also make it easier to attract younger players from out side the area and the UK.

Gazza... coaching...

Makes me think of a Dino Zoff interview several years ago when a reporter asked what he thought of Gazza possibly going into coaching and/or management.

Zoff laughed... there was a long pause then he started laughing hysterically for about two solid minutes.

Regarding Beardo - he has wanted to stay involved and stay in Newcastle and that is his choice and I respect it. Nobby has stated that he will move back to Peru and start management from scratch and one day woudl liek to return to England as a manager and manage Peru which are his ultimate goals. Beardo has not ever stated any similar ambition.

The most recent article from the INdependent asked many mroe questions with no answers. Why would Nobby leave for Spain if he wants to be closer to his family? Why would he want to leave at all if he just re-signed a new contract? And why would Nobby think he would be limited to the reserves when he had such an outstanding pre-season and was specifically singled out for praise by Big Sam?

None of this makes sense unless we are looking to do a deal for a defender IMO.

surprised Beardsley didn't go into management to be honest. A guy that intelligent who knows the game so well

Its the language barrier thats the problem.

Looks like Dyer and Solano off to West Ham for £8-9m and Luque off to Levante for an undisclosed amount.

Poor Enrique - "But Mister Luque and Mister Solano, I thought you were going to look after me?"

*Luque and Solano look at each other before replying in tandem*

"Umm..... Bye!" 

*Nobby packs his trumpet as Luque storms off quickly pulling his hamstring in the process*

surprised Beardsley didn't go into management to be honest. A guy that intelligent who knows the game so well

Looks like Dyer and Solano off to West Ham for £8-9m and Luque off to Levante for an undisclosed amount.

Poor Enrique - "But Mister Luque and Mister Solano, I thought you were going to look after me?"

"Umm..... Bye!" 

*Nobby packs his trumpet as Luque storms off quickly pulling his hamstring in the process*

:D

But that's true, I just feel sorry for Enrique if both Solano and Luque left

Guest unrealterrorist

"Umm..... Bye!" 

:tickedoff: much

Guest MIKELMAN11

"Umm..... Bye!" 

I believe sam is good at looking after foreign players when they first arrive at a club , at bolton he had loads of players from different country's and they seemed to adapt well i am not worried .

Nobby is playing the waiting game

Aug 13 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

AN emotional Nobby Solano has promised Newcastle United fans he will reject any switch to Spain to stay at St James’ Park should his move to West Ham fall through.

The Chronicle revealed on Saturday night that a couple of Spanish clubs were eyeing the United midfielder after being alerted by our story on Thursday that the Hammers, having failed to land Kieron Dyer, had turned their attention to the little Peruvian.

It is believed West Ham are no longer interested in Dyer and after Saturday’s home defeat by Manchester City at Upton Park Alan Curbishley will try and prise England Under-21 winger Giles Barnes away from Derby County.

But they still want Solano and United must be thinking that things could happen quickly as the midfielder was not included in the squad for tonight’s game with Blue Star at Kingston Park.

Solano was left out of United’s initial squad for Bolton, but got a late reprieve when Dyer was withdrawn because he was not in the right frame of mind.

In the end Solano was called up squad for Bolton and when he warmed up in front of the travelling Toon Army they made it quite clear just how popular he is with them.

Solano was very emotional after the game when he told the Chronicle: “There is a big decision to be made in the next couple of days and, in a way, I am glad it is all out of my hands.

“It is up to West Ham and Newcastle to decide what happens. The reason I want to go to London is because my wife and two children have moved there.

“Yes, there are teams in Spain interested in me, but I won’t go. The only reason I will leave Newcastle is to go to London.

“It hasn’t been an easy decision, but this is part of life.

“I know I am a professional footballer, but sometimes you have to put your family first – and that’s what I am doing.

“Sam Allardyce is a great man – I have spoken to him and he said he will not stop me if I need to go.

“But he has also told me that if I want to stay then it will not be a problem.

“And if nothing comes from West Ham or London I will stay and be a part of this team because I feel that something big is starting to happen here.

“Being at Newcastle United is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I would love them to win something whether I am here or not.”

Guest jamesmartinsmith

"Umm..... Bye!" 

Well if we get Mario Yepes he'll have someone to speak Spanish to.

"Umm..... Bye!" 

Well if we get Mario Yepes he'll have someone to speak Spanish to.

Geremi speaks spanish.  He speaks several languages.  Sam said that was one of the reasons he was given the captaincy.

Guest whizzer

Nobby and Dyer will both end up at West Ham, we will probably bid about £5M for the pair on the 31 Aug, forcing you to sell or leaving you with 2 unsettled players until at least January. Well thats my guess...................

Nobby and Dyer will both end up at West Ham, we will probably bid about £5M for the pair on the 31 Aug, forcing you to sell or leaving you with 2 unsettled players until at least January. Well thats my guess...................

Its ok. Nobby has said he will stay here and be happy if he can't get a move down London. Dyer can rot away if he has to.

Guest elbee909

I'd take two unsettled players, as opposed to a dressing room full of players that hate their manager, according to Konchesky.

Guest whizzer

I'd take two unsettled players, as opposed to a dressing room full of players that hate their manager, according to Konchesky.

Well, thats that argument out of the window then!!!

Guest whizzer

I can see them both ending up at West Ham too. Although a bid of £5m won't see that happening.

I'm not on this board to wind you all up, just really to see what you lot are saying on this subject. We, of all teams know what can happen when you have players at your club that dont want to be there, Reo joker for one....

Guest Mucky01

surely Nobby & Dire were going when they were told that we were going to play the new formation that would not suit their game.

Against Bolton we worked as a team closing everything down as a pack and winning just about every second phase ball. – could you see them 2 trying to do that!!!!! Missing their families, my arse!

I can see them both ending up at West Ham too. Although a bid of £5m won't see that happening.

I'm not on this board to wind you all up, just really to see what you lot are saying on this subject. We, of all teams know what can happen when you have players at your club that dont want to be there, Reo joker for one....

I didn't think you were mate, I was just saying it because £5m is less than you bid for one of them. It is a problem when players are unsettled but I think Solano is professional enough not to let it get to him on the pitch. And Dyer will need to play well to move on in January if he doesn't go before the end of this month.

Guest elbee909

Just occurred to me that maybe we were all set to let Dyer go, then Solano said he wanted to go too and we'd rather let him go to the Hammers than Dyer, hence pulling out?

Just a thought...