Hammers eye Solano move - More Oliver bollocks?

Leazes1986

Ha, see you miserable fuckers. I was right about it all along!

It means fuck all unless West Ham come up with some serious money - which is precisely why it amounts to nothing more than shit-stirring as that isn't going to happen.

Ha, see you miserable fuckers. I was right about it all along!

It means fuck all unless West Ham come up with some serious money - which is precisely why it amounts to nothing more than shit-stirring as that isn't going to happen.

Not the point. I said that it was Solano being a devious bugger using Oliver to manufacture a move, and so it seems to be playing out.

/That said, it was of course somewhat tongue in cheek, I still love the Nob, but sadly it would appear that I was not too 'wide of the mark' ultimately. :undecided:

Not the point. I said that it was Solano being a devious f*** and using Oliver to manufacture a move, and so it seems to be playing out.

/That said it was of course somewhat tongue in cheek, and I still love the Nob, but sadly it would appear that I was not to 'wide of the mark' ultimately.

West Ham are not offering money according to Oliver, so it amounts to shit-stirring and nothing more. If anything the price will go up another million every time Oliver runs a story so fuck you West Ham. Again.

Guest johnson293

With the lack of any quotes, until Allardyce confirms this, or something official comes out of the club (as did with Dyer eventually), I'm gonna treat this as nowt more than more Comical Ollie bollox!

As mentioned above, if his family were already down London, why sign another years contract? And when are his family supposed to have moved there? When he joined Villa? or before/after this?

Being cynical, you could almost think Oliver was working against the club now, in trying to unsettle another of our players, since the Dyer deal fell through, and after his insistence that the club will let Martins go if his agent can find him a club that will pay us our £10m back!??!!!

While Solano may not play every match, he does still provide depth to the squad, and cover for two positions.

Sol 'let me go' plea to big Sam

Aug 10 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Nobby Solano

NOBBY SOLANO is ready to appeal to Newcastle United to let him join West Ham United on compassionate grounds.

But the popular Peruvian winger fears he may be caught in the backlash from the Kieron Dyer affair which has left United and West Ham are loggerheads.

In the meantime, unless he gets a late recall, Solano is not in the United squad for tomorrows game with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium.

The Chronicle revealed in our later editions yesterday that West Ham had turned to Solano after Dyers £6m move to Upton Park broke down in such dramatic circumstances.

But West Ham feel that because Solano is now 32, they should pick him up on a free transfer.

As a result, United are in the driving seat as far as West Ham and Solano are concerned.

Solanos family are now based in London and he quite naturally wants to be beside his children. And thats why he is ready to end his association with United where he has attained almost legendary status.

Indeed, in an ideal world Solano would love to have ended his carer on Tyneside before returning home to Peru.

He has one last season on his contract with United and he expected to see it out before the latest developments.

He would be looking for a two- year contract with West Ham, but Alan Curbishley says he will only match Uniteds 12-month deal.

But if Solano does go to West Ham, then he will have no problem with the financial side of things.

However, at the end of the day Solanos future now lies in Uniteds hands, but if anyone at St James Park thinks the Dyer deal can be resurrected then they are mistaken.

Solano arrived in 1998 as an almost unknown player in England after Kenny Dalglish paid a bargain £2.5m to Boca Juniors for him.

But apart from his 18-month spell with Aston Villa Solano has been one of the most popular and successful players with United.

So there might be truth in it :(

Yes, because a piece written by A OLIVER to back up a much-derided piece by A OLIVER fucking must be true.

Wouldn't be the first time Oliver has just re-written an article to try and give it more truth. Big Sam reacted angrily to his article about Martins leaving, so Oliver called that 'speculation' and proceeded to write the same article all over again the next day, refusing to admit he'd got it wrong.

This is essentially a repeat of yesterday's article, with a bit about Solano's family, as if he's written the article backwards. He also says Solano isn't in the squad yet the BBC seem to think he is. He's trying to stir sh*t, I'll be very surprised if there is any truth in this.

"But West Ham feel that because Solano is now 32, they should pick him up on a free transfer."

...Because Newcastle are currently falling over themselves to help West Ham? I suppose they'll get Paul Scholes on a free while they're at it, he's 32 after all.

Aug 10 2007

Nobby Solano

NOBBY SOLANO is ready to appeal to Newcastle United to let him join West Ham United on compassionate grounds.

But the popular Peruvian winger fears he may be caught in the backlash from the Kieron Dyer affair which has left United and West Ham are loggerheads.

In the meantime, unless he gets a late recall, Solano is not in the United squad for tomorrow’s game with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium.

The Chronicle revealed in our later editions yesterday that West Ham had turned to Solano after Dyer’s £6m move to Upton Park broke down in such dramatic circumstances.

But West Ham feel that because Solano is now 32, they should pick him up on a free transfer.

As a result, United are in the driving seat as far as West Ham and Solano are concerned.

Solano’s family are now based in London and he quite naturally wants to be beside his children. And that’s why he is ready to end his association with United where he has attained almost legendary status.

Indeed, in an ideal world Solano would love to have ended his carer on Tyneside before returning home to Peru.

He has one last season on his contract with United and he expected to see it out before the latest developments.

He would be looking for a two- year contract with West Ham, but Alan Curbishley says he will only match United’s 12-month deal.

But if Solano does go to West Ham, then he will have no problem with the financial side of things.

However, at the end of the day Solano’s future now lies in United’s hands, but if anyone at St James’ Park thinks the Dyer deal can be resurrected then they are mistaken.

Solano arrived in 1998 as an almost unknown player in England after Kenny Dalglish paid a bargain £2.5m to Boca Juniors for him.

But apart from his 18-month spell with Aston Villa Solano has been one of the most popular and successful players with United.

Yes, because a piece written by A OLIVER to back up a much-derided piece by A OLIVER fucking must be true.

I await Solano's lawyers immanent statement that this is all lies lies lies.

Doubt it will come though.

Aug 10 2007

Nobby Solano

In the meantime, unless he gets a late recall, Solano is not in the United squad for tomorrows game with Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium.

The Chronicle revealed in our later editions yesterday that West Ham had turned to Solano after Dyers £6m move to Upton Park broke down in such dramatic circumstances.

Solanos family are now based in London and he quite naturally wants to be beside his children. And thats why he is ready to end his association with United where he has attained almost legendary status.

He would be looking for a two- year contract with West Ham, but Alan Curbishley says he will only match Uniteds 12-month deal.

However, at the end of the day Solanos future now lies in Uniteds hands, but if anyone at St James Park thinks the Dyer deal can be resurrected then they are mistaken.

I await Solano's lawyers immanent statement that this is all lies lies lies.

Doubt it will come though.

Me neither, as if everyone responded to completely made up shite like that story, there'd be NOTHING else on the radio/telly.

Guest Geordiesned

Nobby, move your family up here or are you still playing your trumpet away from home?

I think the problem was with someone else playing his trumpet.

Allegedly.

But didn't Oliver break the news of West Ham being in for Dyer?

Tin hat on . . .

Did he say that West Ham expected to sign Dyer on a free and that we should pay for the phone calls and taxi charges?

.com claims that one of their Peruvian readers has informed them that Solano has been on Peruvian radio stating his desire to move to West Ham and link up again with Bellamy and Bowyer.

When was the last time Oliver wrote a positive article about the Toon?

I mean I know everything's not perfect, but it finally seems as though we're going in the right direction for once.

And what does the main football writer ( mackems.gif) for our club do? Every time he gets the opportunity, he tries to put a negative spin on things or tries to unsettle one of our players.

If that's what he wants to do then he should fuck off to the Northern Echo or some other Makem rag.

Honestly, whether there's any truth in this or not, this man just boils my piss. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Again more Oliver bollocks. The man is going downhill very fast and I for one won't believe any of what he has to say without a solid quote from player or manager and no more of this 'source' crap. It's pathetic.

Do any of you remember the allegations that Solano was very difficult with Roeder whenever he was not put into the first team? He aparently refused to travel once because of this, but eventually did after a huge fuss was made.

Solano doesn't fit into Sam's plans as he has no role to play in the 4-3-3. Even in a 4-4-2 Milner would be ahead of him on the right and Zoggy on the left.

I have a feelign Solano is in a bit of a strop to be honest. Seems to have turned into quite  the little Peruvian diva has our Nobby.

When was the last time Oliver wrote a positive article about the Toon?

I mean I know everything's not perfect, but it finally seems as though we're going in the right direction for once.

And what does the main football writer ( mackems.gif) for our club do? Every time he gets the opportunity, he tries to put a negative spin on things or tries to unsettle one of our players.

If that's what he wants to do then he should f*** off to the Northern Echo or some other Makem rag.

Honestly, whether there's any truth in this or not, this man just boils my piss. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Absolutely spot on.  O0

A knaa me eyes are bad but, am a missin' any quotes from Nobby in that article???  :coolsmiley:

Do any of you remember the allegations that Solano was very difficult with Roeder whenever he was not put into the first team? He aparently refused to travel once because of this, but eventually did after a huge fuss was made.

Solano doesn't fit into Sam's plans as he has no role to play in the 4-3-3. Even in a 4-4-2 Milner would be ahead of him on the right and Zoggy on the left.

I have a feelign Solano is in a bit of a strop to be honest. Seems to have turned into quite  the little Peruvian diva has our Nobby.

totally agree, seem to remember him saying allardyce will have to change the way he plays when he as first linked to the managers job, maybe allardyce doesnt see him as a first team starter thus he has threw his toys out of pram.

remember when robson sold him solano done himself no favours by when he was subbed a few times leading upto departure he would stomp off pitch down tunnel, didnt he kick up a fuss in the du Kuip when we played feyenoord?