Hammers eye Solano move - More Oliver bollocks?

Leazes1986

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Geremi speaks spanish.  He speaks several languages.  Sam said that was one of the reasons he was given the captaincy.

Spanish, English, French and probably some Turkish.

Geremi speaks spanish.  He speaks several languages.  Sam said that was one of the reasons he was given the captaincy.

I'd imagine that one or more of  the languages he speaks must be indigenous to Cameroon. More than 250 languages spoken in that country (in addition to French and English).

As long as the Turkish includes the phrases:

Move your fu<king arse Emre.

&

Now I want you to whip this freekick/corner into the box and make sure you get it over the wall otherwise Sam said he's going to kick your ass!

anyone else find it odd that Solano is speaking about his wife and children moving as something he couldn't control?

I mean, you'd think they'd have at least discussed it with him before moving off to London. He's refering to it as if it struck him completely out of the blue.

Trouble with the missus, Nobby?  :undecided:

anyone else find it odd that Solano is speaking about his wife and children moving as something he couldn't control?

I mean, you'd think they'd have at least discussed it with him before moving off to London. He's refering to it as if it struck him completely out of the blue.

They've split up.

Guest eltsacwen

Solano and his wife have been separated for a while. And his wife decided to move to London to try to boost her career!

Solano and his wife have been separated for a while. And his wife decided to move to London to try to boost her career!

Ah ha. Didn't know that.

That's odd as well though, I mean, if they're split up in the first place why's she been living in close proximity with him the whole time?

I suppose it's good for the kids, but seems an awkward situation, to say the least.

Black, you can turn the swear filter off you know. Search the forum for a thread entitled 'how to swear', I can't link from my phone.

Excellent Dave, thanks for that.

I have to admit though I am trying to cut down on swearing in my posts but at the same time it's good to spread the joy to those who have the filter switched on.

Newcastle winger Nolberto Solano has set his sights on a move away from St James' Park after deciding he needs to be closer to his children in London.

Solano, in his second spell with United following a stint at Aston Villa, is believed to be a target for West Ham and hopes to have more luck than team-mate Kieron Dyer, who saw a move in the same direction fall through last week.

The Peruvian international said: 'A decision will be made in the next couple of days. It's up to the two clubs but I want to go to London because my wife and two children have moved there.

'Clubs in Spain also want me but I won't go there, I will only leave Newcastle to go to London.

'My wife and I are separated and I miss my children. Sometimes you have to out your family first.'

Solano, 32, also thanked Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce for his handling of the issue.

'Sam Allardyce has been great, he's a great man. I've spoken to him and he says he won't stop me leaving.

'Leaving Newcastle will be hard because I feel they are on the verge of something big here.'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=452901&cc=4716

I knew it'd be moved :razz:

Personally thought it deserved a new thread.

Deserved to be moved seeing it's the same bunch of quotes that have appeared in another dozen or so articles on the subject.

I thought it deserved a new thread because I was hoping to discuss a new topic, namely thanking him for the memories. I think it's pretty conclusive that he's going to leave, which is why I did not post the article in this thread.

Edit - Those quotes were just meant to accompany the thread. The main point of the new thread was to thank him for the memories. Anyway, thanks Nobby.

• 1 year later...

Red Card Is Price Of Love For Nobby!

Nobby Solano paid the price of true love when he was sent off for revealing a tee-shirt birthday message to wife Claudia after scoring his first goal for Greek club Larissa.

The former Newcastle idol cracked in a brilliant late equaliser from 25 yards to earn a point against Greek champions Olympiacos - after a free-kick from another ex-Magpie, Laurent Robert, was half-cleared.

Amid the wild celebrations in the Alkazar Stadium, Nobby raced to a TV camera and pulled up his top to reveal the tee-shirt message `Feliz Dia Mi Amor Clau' - Nice Day, My Beloved Claudia.

But Nobby's joy turned to despair when the referee who had booked him in the first half ran across to show a second yellow - and a red for the birthday gesture!

Rueful Nobby told nufc.co.uk: "I didn't think. When I scored I forgot completely about the rules. The first thing you do is run away and celebrate.

"Nobody, not even Claudia, knew I had the tee-shirt on - she was in the stadium when I showed the message. Afterwards, she couldn't stop laughing at what had happened!

"One minute I was happy and the next minute I was sad, but everybody else was quite happy because we had got an important draw against a big team in Olympiacos."

Nobby, who will now serve a one-match ban, added: "Claudia's birthday is the day after mine. I was 34 on Friday and she was 32 on Saturday and this is a birthday we will never forget!"

Olympiacos' German defender Christian Weber tried to prevent Nobby pulling up his shirt but was too late and the Peruvian ended up with an early bath.

Larissa coach Marinos Ouzounidis had sent on Robert as substitute to take the free-kick and the Newcastle link produced the drama.

The third part of that link is that Larissa are captained by United's former Greek international defender Nikos Dabizas, who played a part in bringing his former Tyneside team-mates to Larissa in the summer.

• 2 months later...

Was rushed to hospital with dehydration after a match in Peru :sadnod:

People thought it was more serious, and he seems to be playing very well for

Peru captain Nolberto Solano was rushed to hospital after feeling unwell following Universitario's 1-0 win over San Lorenzo in the Libertadores Cup on Thursday.

Solano, who has made a huge impact in the three games he has played since his surprise return to his homeland, was later released after being treated for dehydration.

"It was dehydration, I was suffering from a lot of cramp and as a precaution they brought me here. But now I feel alright," he told reporters as he left the hospital in the early hours of Friday morning.

Solano, 34, had appeared well as he came off the pitch as he gave a number of interviews before taking a shower.

The former Newscastle United, Aston Villa and West Ham player has scored four goals in three games for Universitario and on Thursday he orchestrated his side's shock win over their Argentine opponents.

His performances have raised hopes that Universitario can end a dismal recent run for Peruvian teams in the competition.

Bit of a pointless bump but it flashed across my FIFA 09 news screen and thought it was worth a post. Might have been mentioned in another thread