Hammers eye Solano move - More Oliver bollocks?

Leazes1986

Or how about the fact that West Ham probably will not do business with us with a very long time after we shafted them over Dyer..

ANAL OLIVER, ON A MISSION TO UNSETTLE TOON PLAYERS

They won't do business with us but they'll be happy to use our obliging local hacks to get their revenge...

And it was surely a case of West Ham trying to shaft us, before we got the better of them, as well?

Not being contrary like, but Oliver and Nobby are pretty chummy, Alan has even had the telephone trumpet treatment.

That being the case, this is clearly Solano attempting to manafacture a move through his media buddies.

Very dissapointing, the sooner he fucks off, the better. :shifty:

Not being contrary like, but Oliver and Nobby are pretty chummy, Alan has even had the telephone trumpet treatment.

That being the case, this is clearly Solano attempting to manafacture a move through his media buddies.

Very dissapointing, the sooner he fucks off, the better. :shifty:

:laugh:

I think a lot of sentiment gets the in the way when people judge Solano's performances since his return.

I still like him, its Nobby Solano after all, but we need to replace him at sometime, and sometime soon, if we were to do it now and get some money for him i wouldn't have a problem with that, just as i certainly don't have a problem with him staying.

Guest firetotheworks

Olivers digging his own grave. The more made up crap like this, the better...if it gets him sacked.

Guest black

Anything over £1m and i'd take it.

What would be the point? Still a useful squad member and we don't exactly need the money.

Money for an old player, wages off the books, new player in.

I'd pay them to take you!

Olivers digging his own grave. The more made up crap like this, the better...if it gets him sacked.

The sad thing is though, that people will read the headline and then buy the paper to get the full gist of it. If his bollocks stories are shifting papers then he's got nowt to worry about. The only way he'll lose sleep at night is if people stop buying the fucking rag, full stop.

Hopefully Sam can get a couple of seasons of him as a squad player and then he can move into our backroom staff. Would be great having someone of Nobbys culture around the club, providing he's good enough of course.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, you normally get sacked for making up stories in newspapers, like.

Aye, taken out of context tbh. Im on about being found to be consistently wrong/lying/fabricating and becoming a laughing stock with more and more fans, leading to the newspaper being a laughing stock.

What would be the point? Still a useful squad member and we don't exactly need the money.

That was the plan when we sold Gary Speed, except he went on to perform better than any of our CM's over the last 3 years.

Fuk me that wit was so sharp it almost took an eye out there!

That was the plan when we sold Gary Speed, except he went on to perform better than any of our CM's over the last 3 years.

Speed has a different engine to most living humans tbf.

Guest black

Lucky you've got two then isn't it.

See Baggio's post above for the logic to your argument.

Hopefully Sam can get a couple of seasons of him as a squad player and then he can move into our backroom staff. Would be great having someone of Nobbys culture around the club, providing he's good enough of course.

Why would he bother?

Look at the grief Lee Clark gets for hanging around learning the ropes.  :lol:

I've heard Peru have offered him the managers job for whenever he wants it (don't know if that's still the case) he's said he'd like to manage a team in Peru as well, then return to England hopefully with Newcastle.

West Ham are annoying cockney mackems who are developing an obsession with buying present and ex-Newcastle players.  But I don't see how there could be any truth in this story, especially given the bad blood over the Dyer saga.

The Chronicle's editor should just do journalism a favour and sack Oliver!

Still have as well.

Guest black

Still have as well.

Not much use in having something you obviously don't use.

Still have as well.

Not much use in having something you obviously don't use.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

:rolleyes:

Guest optimistic nit

aye, thats the spirit, sell our one creatively minded midfielder, its the way forward! He's 32 aye, but we don't have anyone who can fill his place in the team at the moment, and a 24 year old of solano's ability would cost upwards of 10million. It would be like arsenal selling pirez for 1 million, one of arsen's worst mistakes, was when they let him go for nowt.

We need solano, but we don't need money. in solano we have a creative midfielder, only a comparitively low wage with 3 good years left. It would be crazy to sell him for peanuts then have to buy a replacement, on much higher wages and for much more money. Players don't become shite when they turn 30.

You say money for an old player, disregarding the fact that he would need replacing, and any player with his quality at a good age will cost a bucketload.

You say wages off the books, disregarding the fact that he'd be on about a third of what dyer is on most probably, and selling solano would mean that we couldn't afford selling dyer until we'd bought someone like diego for 10million having to shell out 80 grand a week to make him come to a team without european football.

This story is complete bollux btw.

Guest black

It could be someone else feeding him stories of course, the same person that fed him the Dyer story, someone else with a grudge against the club and with a shaky connection to West Ham? :shifty: :shifty:

Are they any good at golf?

Guest optimistic nit

exactly.

and aye toons taylor, we will need to replace him sometime, but how exactly will we do that now, with no european football? we'd need to shell out shepheard like wages to get a decent technical player in, if we keep him he could be a very important player for us in the next 2 years. In the celtic game 2 of the goals were soley down to his crossing and vision. I'd say he'll be worth more than 1 mill plus wages to us in the next 2 years, and even if we eventually let him go for nowt, his performances will be worth more than a poxy 1million we don't really need.

I have a feeling we may be about to see solano's best season for some time, if he is a regular starter.

Speed has a different engine to most living humans tbf.

Not much different to Solano tbf, both are experienced players who's whole game has never been about pace, Solano has more ability than the majority of the squad put together, he has fantastic vision and a great range of passes, his biggest asset for us at the moment is that he can come in and fill in in a few positions.

If we want to replace him then we have to be looking at bringing someone in far superior to him and Milner, are we in a position to bring someone like that to the club? SWP is the only player who springs to mind and I'm not sure Chelsea would sell this close to the season starting, other than that I can't see many players jumping at the chance to sign for a team without European football.

Let him see his final year out with the club and hopefully we'll be in a position to attract better players then.

exactly.

and aye toons taylor, we will need to replace him sometime, but how exactly will we do that now, with no european football? we'd need to shell out shepheard like wages to get a decent technical player in, if we keep him he could be a very important player for us in the next 2 years. In the celtic game 2 of the goals were soley down to his crossing and vision. I'd say he'll be worth more than 1 mill plus wages to us in the next 2 years, and even if we eventually let him go for nowt, his performances will be worth more than a poxy 1million we don't really need.

I have a feeling we may be about to see solano's best season for some time, if he is a regular starter.

I just cant see Solano's legs lasting much longer, if we sell him it means were thinking about a replacement, it would be great to see someone come in for him, young, fresh, with pace because ATM we have no pace down the right (Dyer doesn't count) and without someone leaving i cant see that changing for a while.

Like i've said it matters not to me what we do with him. I don't think for one moment his talent matches the fans general opinion of him, we love him far too much as a general rule.