Michael Chopra

Tsunami

Bit sad that there were some boos when he came on.

No Boos mate,that was MOTD editing,as he came on they cut to a Spurs throw that

shouldnt of been given,thats what the Boos were for

I can't remember hearing any boos at all while watching the game live on sky... so that might be true. Are all the people who claim they heard boos basing it the MotD footage?

There were boos but i thought that they were as the mackem said, for something else

errrr........because he's much better player than ameobi, younger and has the potential to develop into a very good goalscorer with more experience. Plus the fact he was never given the opportunity at the Toon

No he's not.  And yes he's young, but not as young as people think, i believe.  He's older than Martins.

Guest David Kelly

One of the Makems here at work, who was there, rekons there was some booing.  Pathetic if true but no more than to be expected.

He's older than Martins.

29?

Can I have what you're smoking?

wait, wait, martins is around 22 isnt he?

and in case u ask.. no u cannot have wat i'm smoking; the stuff in ur pipe seems strong enough. 2 words mate    RE    HAB

He's older than Martins.

29?

and in case u ask.. no u cannot have wat i'm smoking; the stuff in ur pipe seems strong enough. 2 words mate     RE     HAB

Let me help you with your English, Rehab is one word, two syllables.

He's older than Martins.

29?

and in case u ask.. no u cannot have wat i'm smoking; the stuff in ur pipe seems strong enough. 2 words mate     RE     HAB

:laugh: You're on form today.

errrr........because he's much better player than ameobi, younger and has the potential to develop into a very good goalscorer with more experience. Plus the fact he was never given the opportunity at the Toon.

and why wasn't he even though on paper he is a lot more suited to playing with Shearer?

Isnt he about a year younger than Shola? Its not really that much younger is it? He left becuase he wanted to get games, he would be about 6th choice now so we couldn't have kept him anyway.

He's older than Martins.

29?

slightly the point of the joke...  :rolleyes:

im still confused tho is he or is he not 22?

Guest Sniffer

shambles will be 26 in October. Chopra will be 24 in December.

Some people need to get their heads out of ameobi's arse and smell the roses instead.

Some people need to get their heads out of ameobi's arse and smell the roses instead.

Some people need to get their heads out of Chopra's arse. Oww look he nearly outscored Rasiak, he must be mint/next Shearer/will come back to haunt us (delete as appropriate to the kneekjerk).

two digs at ameobi in the space of a few seconds.. didnt see tht post until i posted mine  ;D

As in Ameobi who scored 2 goals yesterday?

oh no.. have i unearthed an ameobi supporter... just my luck- wouldv been a good insult otherwise.

no as in ameobi- perrenially shyt

Guest Sniffer

Nobody said he'd be the next Shearer. Also, it's not a kneejerk to Saturday as I and others have said in the past that Chopra needed opportunities and that he was a better long term bet than ameobi.

Now wipe your nose off gejon.....

Guest elbee909

and if we'r being clever.. rehab in itself isnt a word- its short 4 rehabilitation.

sorry about quoting myself ther.. a tad silly.

on form? about as on form as ameobi tbh

As in Ameobi who scored 2 goals yesterday?

Against Blue Star?  Blue Star?

Nobody said he'd be the next Shearer. Also, it's not a kneejerk to Saturday as I and others have said in the past that Chopra needed opportunities and that he was a better long term bet than ameobi.

Now wipe your nose off gejon.....

Why wasn't he given the opportunities?

Guest Sniffer

I don't know.

But I do know that he was very successful at Cardiff when given the opportunity.

I do know that Roy Keane thinks enough of him to slap down 5 mill.

I do know that he turned the game on saturday.

I do know that we were made to look stupid to the tune of 4.5 mill in one year.

I do know that ameobi is a donkey who looks no better with or without a hip injury. I fact, I think he'd be about the same with or without a hip.

I don't know.

But I do know that he was very successful at Cardiff when given the opportunity.  As was Rasiak for Southampton, maybe Spurs judged too early?

I do know that Roy Keane thinks enough of him to slap down 5 mill. That well known transfer market genius Roy Keane, no chance he will make a mistake, certainly looks to have spent well so far

I do know that he turned the game on saturday. Didn't even play 45 mins but because he scored a goal he has definitely shown we have made a huge mistake.

I do know that we were made to look stupid to the tune of 4.5 mill in one year. Yeah because if we ignored the fact he was out of conract and forced him to stay here for a season we definitely would have gotten £5m if we chose to sell him this summer.

I do know that ameobi is a donkey who looks no better with or without a hip injury. I fact, I think he'd be about the same with or without a hip. For one who seems to moan about players being given chances it seems you may be making judgements on Ameobi post hip injury a little quickly no?

Well apparantly some of the travelling support down to Bolton wasn't too happy with his goal and chants of a racist nature "Chopra is p**i" were heard. Totally not on in my opinion, some football supporters still love living up to the narrow-minded thuggish stereotype which really has no place in the game.

We made a mistake with never giving Chopra a fair chance, but that doesn't mean he's got true Premiership quality. He may have never made it anywhere with us, who knows. What I do know is that this lad has so much ambition and willingness to do well he joined a club he rightly knew he was going to get stick for in an attempt to better himself and his career. Fair play to the lad and I wish him all the best at the club, even though I do hope they generally do crap.

As for the scum lowering themselves to such a nonsensical level with the chants, even if he's playing for Sunderland I've got much more respect for him than you.

Guest Sniffer

Rushing to judgement on ameobi? Hardly. People will be saying this is his make or break season when he's 30. They've been saying it for the last four years or so and he's never failed to fail........ as the song goes. At least he's consistent.

Guest elbee909

Well apparantly some of the travelling support down to Bolton wasn't too happy with his goal and chants of a racist nature "Chopra is p**i" were heard. Totally not on in my opinion, some football supporters still love living up to the narrow-minded thuggish stereotype which really has no place in the game.

We made a mistake with never giving Chopra a fair chance, but that doesn't mean he's got true Premiership quality. He may have never made it anywhere with us, who knows. What I do know is that this lad has so much ambition and willingness to do well he joined a club he rightly knew he was going to get stick for in an attempt to better himself and his career. Fair play to the lad and I wish him all the best at the club, even though I do hope they generally do crap.

As for the scum lowering themselves to such a nonsensical level with the chants, even if he's playing for Sunderland I've got much more respect for him than you.

Agreed, anyone chanting that sort of bollocks is a complete cunt.

'Apparently' could accuse anything. Can't believe anyone would be so moronic. They want shot with shit if that's true, but it sounds made up to me. Not seen it reported anywhere else.