Refs getting manipulated by top sides?

Parky

...is keeping track of how many direct free kicks (in central positions just outside the box) and pens Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU get in the last 5 min if they need a goal. **Chelsea don't get them as I discovered last year.

THis weekend..

Arsenal FK 2 Pen 1

Liverpool 2 Pens 0

ManU FK 3 Pens 0 Giggs, Ronaldo, Ronaldo.

These days this kind of freekick is almost like half a pen if you have the right players in the side.

Nowt to do with them all having excellent attacking players that will be in/around the box in numbers should they require a goal in the last five minutes?

Don't be silly. Gerrard/Red nose/Wenger ref the last 5 min of games these days. :kasper: blueyes.gif

Thought Villa and Reading (the sending off) were robbed.

Nowt to do with them all having excellent attacking players that will be in/around the box in numbers should they require a goal in the last five minutes?

Dave, did you see Petrov's "challenge" on Gerrard for that free kick? It was pathetic, Gerrard ran into him, Petrov played the ball. Ref initially ignores it, Gerrard then looks at the ref, holds his hands out and gets the free kick. Incidentally, he and Gerrard had a good old chat and laugh together on the final whistle, too.

Riley's performance was the worst I've seen for a very, very long time indeed.

Not saying that Gerrard one was actually a freekick by any stretch of the imagination!

Just making the point that it's not exactly going to be a rare occurance for those teams in that scenario to get freekicks/penalties, rightly or wrongly. They're gonna be going all out for a goal.

Yeah that was a bullshit FK, Petrov may not have made much effort to get out of the way but I never saw which foot his weight was on, maybe he couldn't get out of the way.

Gerrard could have done a lot more to avoid the collision and basically ran into him to get the FK.

Yeah that was a bullshit FK, Petrov may not have made much effort to get out of the way but I never saw which foot his weight was on, maybe he couldn't get out of the way.

Gerrard could have done a lot more to avoid the collision and basically ran into him to get the FK.

Petrov got a touch on the ball anyway. Dave is right with his point too though.

I always have Toure in my FL sides. Last 5 min he always does kamikaze runs into the box looking for contact.

The Petrov free kick needs looking at. Riley has always been suspect with the big sides.

Guest Moe-Ali

Not saying that Gerrard one was actually a freekick by any stretch of the imagination!

Just making the point that it's not exactly going to be a rare occurance for those teams in that scenario to get freekicks/penalties, rightly or wrongly. They're gonna be going all out for a goal.

This

Guest LucaAltieri

...is keeping track of how many direct free kicks (in central positions just outside the box) and pens Arsenal, Liverpool and ManU get in the last 5 min if they need a goal. **Chelsea don't get them as I discovered last year.

THis weekend..

Arsenal FK 2 Pen 1

Liverpool 2 Pens 0

ManU FK 3 Pens 0 Giggs, Ronaldo, Ronaldo.

These days this kind of freekick is almost like half a pen if you have the right players in the side.

For the numbers to make any sense whatsoever you also need to contrast them against 1) How many FK's and pens they get during any 5 minutes in the match. 2) How many other sides get 3) how many FKs and pens they get in the last 5 minutes if they're winning.

Guest Big Bri

was i talking to you? no i wasnt. did i give you permission to talk? no i didnt. so next time shut up until your spoken to. ty

Guest Big Bri

Like you've done signing up here?

I don't think he's going to last too much longer tbh.  :nope:

what have i done wrong? or are you another powermad admin?