Aston Villa (H) Pre-Match Thread

NSG

Guest ExiledGeordie

I dont understand why people are so ready to drop Butt. He was solid last season and was solid against Bolton. I see absolutely no reason to drop him against Villa, no reason whatsoever.

Plays shit at home because the fans get on his back the first time he makes a mistake.

Not any more, thanks to Big Sam's wise words the other day. I fully expect all players to get 100% support on Saturday. Even Carr.

If they don't, we don't deserve to challenge for anything this season.

Guest Moe-Ali

Plays s*** at home because the fans get on his back the first time he makes a mistake.

Not any more, thanks to Big Sam's wise words the other day. I fully expect all players to get 100% support on Saturday. Even Carr.

If they don't, we don't deserve to challenge for anything this season.

Well they had better get 100% support, or the supporters arent doing their part are they now.

Guest Moe-Ali

I had a dream last night it was 0-0, but I also had a dream last night i took my dead cat for an x-ray and she was in perfect health.

:idiot2:

Is your cat not healthy?

I had a dream last night it was 0-0, but I also had a dream last night i took my dead cat for an x-ray and she was in perfect health.

Is your cat not healthy?

Its dead healthy.. :D

Our so called fans are so quick to jump on any players back at the slightest mistake, the loudest noise just seems to be fkn moaning and whinging now..

I think Martins' away form might have something to do with the fact that when we're away, the home side is under pressure to push up and that leaves loads of space for quicker players to get onto long/through balls and get in behind them, espescially when we can break quickly. We were punished this way by Anelka after throwing bodies forward for a corner, despite being 3-0 up.

Guest Moe-Ali

I think Martins' away form might have something to do with the fact that when we're away, the home side is under pressure to push up and that leaves loads of space for quicker players to get onto long/through balls and get in behind them, espescially when we can break quickly.

I agree, and sam will know all about this, it was one of his tactics at bolton wanderers

Guest Moe-Ali

Is your cat not healthy?

Its dead healthy.. :D

Our so called fans are so quick to jump on any players back at the slightest mistake, the loudest noise just seems to be fkn moaning and whinging now..

Makes me sick, i wouldnt boo any one of our players if they had scored a hat-trick of own goals in a cup final. Would be dissapointed, but booing wouldnt help and i would be the first to understand that.

Guest samjack

I reckon 3-1 again.......infact we're ganna win every game 3-1 this year  :crazy2:

Seriously though i do think we'll get the victory, i just think the occasion will be too much for AV, playing the premiership leaders & all that !!

Agree that Car shoulden't play as Ashley young will destroy him/get him sent off. Carew is a big danger so Taylor will have his hands full as Roze although good on the ground seems to be a little light weight at times.

I'd go with:

Harper

Geremi  Taylor Roze  Enrique

Smith  Butt   Zoggy

Martins                          Milner

Viduka

Subs: Harper, Cacapa, Edgar, Owen, Ameobi

* hope enrique's up to it + depending on how good Cacapa is in training and at RB (needs to be fairly quick) we could play him at RB with Geremi moving back into the midfield.

Any kind of Win will do i predict 2-0 with Martins scoring again, unless Car plays then who knows.

4-1 to us

Got the feeling we'll rip em to shreds!

This is one important match, we need to be positive and right behind the team from the off, no nerves from the fans just postivity all through the game!

Wouldn't suprise me if we play 3 centre halfs for this one, and pack the midfield

I'd have

Taylor  Rozza  Cacapa

Faye/Butt

Milner  Geremi    Zoggy

Smith

Martins      Viduka

My prediction for the Bolton game was, Bolton  Newcastle 0 - 3 with Milner scoring a hattrick that was pretty close really, except the goalscoring part of course. This time I figure Villa are a thight bunch of drawing ****, Put I fiure Owen gonna kill the game for us in like the 70 th minute, to a 2-0 Necastle Victory after Martins scores the first one late in the first half.  O0

I think Martins' away form might have something to do with the fact that when we're away, the home side is under pressure to push up and that leaves loads of space for quicker players to get onto long/through balls and get in behind them, espescially when we can break quickly. We were punished this way by Anelka after throwing bodies forward for a corner, despite being 3-0 up.

Yep. Prime example - Blackburn away.