Nobby    Taylor    Roz    El Toro

Geremi

Smith          N'Zogbia

Martins    Viduka    Milner

Subs: Forster, Cacapa, Carr, Butt, Owen

45 min: Owen in for Viduka

60 min: Butt in for N'zogbia

60 min: Cacapa in for Taylor

I wonder if we'll revert to 4-4-2 when Owen starts playing.

Quite ironic that Souness was planning on playing a 4-3-3 until Shepherd decided to spunk £16m on Owen, which meant we had to change to a 4-4-2 instead, and now we're basically at the same juncture with Big Sam. Will he revert to a 4-4-2 if Owen is on the pitch?

Do we think Enrique will be involved then? He's one of my subs in my fantasy team and I don't know whether to pick him or not!

I'd be very surprised after the performance at Bolton. Substitute at best, barring any injuries.

We should and must win this game.  We have a relatively good run of games coming up.  Success in these will be crutial to where we end up in the season.

There is no reason to fear Villa at all.  We have made massive strides compared to them in the summer. 

I think SJP will quite simlpy scary this weekend (and hopefully) for the rest of the season - for the away team  :) amazing for us.

A win by a good margin will keep us where we want to be - near the top of the table.

Bring it on.

After what Sam has had to say about the foreign players needing a bedding-in period, I doubt Cacapa or Enrique will play on Saturday.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1093098,00.html

"That's where a lot of clubs over the last few years have slipped up, where the foreign element has made up a lot of the intake they've been asked to play immediately and then found life difficult to adjust.

"They've then got a lot of criticism for the way they've performed because the expectation was so much bigger that they couldn't actually deliver, until they got used to a change of culture, environment, and language."

After a lot of wheedling I've managed to change my shift and finish just in time to get to the ground :D  Does mean starting work at 8:30 though and I'm back in at 5am on Sunday so I'm going to have to go easy on the pints after the match.

Got a good feeling about this one, reckon there's going to be a fuckload of noise at kick off because we've had absolutely bollocks all to shout about for ages and there's a new optimism.  Hopefully that'll spur the team to get stuck right in from the off and that in turn will keep the fans going in a positive feedback loop that will eventually destroy the universe, or at least slap Villa right across the face with a metaphorical big football cock.

Guest WalkervilleMag

will head off  at 12:30 to watch the early match, and lots of beer, then stand in the 60 man quewe to get trough the turnstilles becasue the cards dont work.

Guest teepee

i'm extremely exited tbh - but not purely in a good way. i'd just love for us to build on the brilliant start to the season, but we're so used to failure that i half expect us to drop points.

lets see some of that free flowing football from the first half against bolton - villa cannot handle that.

2-1 our defence is still a bit shaky, so that useless lump carew will get one.

smith and milner to score for us!

Hope Owen doesnt play

it should be the same 11 who played against Bolton unless Enrique is coming into the squad

Cacapa should just be on the bench again like against Bolton because taylor and rozenhal played class

the only thing that worries me is that Carr will play again.. he did ok in the friendlies, but against Bolton he was back to his usual useless self..

Carr's theme toon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvCUWzecGo

I think the atmosphere is going to be excellent before kick-off. I'm actually planning to get to the ground early for once. Its going to be a tight game, i reckon Villa will be attacking our flanks on the break, just hope Zog and Carr are up for it.

2-2 or a sneaky 2-1 with a dollop of Big Sam luck.

No Enrique in the squad of 16 according to Allardyce, he's still getting himself up to "peak condition".

Owen will most likely be on the bench.

Emre is back in full training, but isn't fit enough to be in the squad either.

Forster, Ramage, Cacapa, Ameobi and Owen will be the bench now, IMO.

Guest eyeball_tickler

really cant see us losing this. almost everything is in our favour so it should be a rather comfortable afternoon.

2-0

Saw that yesterday, good stuff B-man.

Some inbred cretins actually think it's slagging Villa off though, still.

Despite the fact it was written by a Villa fan.

Would be funny if it wasn't so sad :laugh:

i think the post by Kan is a "knowing that I am a Villa fan, ironic" post. Although I may be wrong. Although, any Villa fans in doubt should be able to work it out from my nom de plume of "Pongo Waring"

i think the post by Kan is a knowing that I am a Villa fan, ironic post. Although I may be wrong.

What's your excuse for the other two? :parky:

Just think it's a case of people seeing the title, seeing the source website, going "AAAAAARGHHHHNNNNRRRR!!!" and making a comment before even reading the article itself.

i think the post by Kan is a knowing that I am a Villa fan, ironic post. Although I may be wrong. Although, any Villa fans in doubt should be able to work it out from my nom de plume.

I wasnt sure either. I've just pointed it out in case there is confusion. I liked the first comment too  :lol:

i think the post by Kan is a knowing that I am a Villa fan, ironic post. Although I may be wrong.

What's your excuse for the other two? :parky:

Just think it's a case of people seeing the title, seeing the source website, going "AAAAAARGHHHHNNNNRRRR!!!" and making a comment before even reading the article itself.

I think you're right.

Although apologies in advance for all the teenaged keyboard warriors, we've all got them, unfortunately.

Should change the title to something different, sure I've seen 'Behind Enemy Lines' suggested before.

That's a separate thing altogether, it's actually up on the main site now as well.