Players who are highly rated by everyone but their own fans

Wullie

To an extent, Shearer.

No. Everyone rates Shearer. Well, everyone except KingDawson. And the stick Shearer gets is generally because he has/had far too much power at the club, and perhaps that he should have retired earlier instead of keeping potentially more useful players out of the team.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Albert Luque - gets so much arse licking on here despite doing sweet FA it's unreal

He'd be the opposite then.

Ah yeah, it's early man, just noticed my mistake  :blush:

Joey Barton was definitely one, on the City boards I read they were more than happy to get rid of him for the money.

For footballing reasons alone?

Well probably not, but most were saying they weren't losing a particularly good footballer on the bits I read.

Complicated!

Of course we were all absolutely delighted to get rid of the cunt by the end. But there was a lot of water under the bridge before that...I was always of the opinion that a lot of people used his antics as a stick to beat his ability with. I was probably one of the people who rated him highest but there were a lot of people who couldn't look past what he had done before Dabogate and thought he was shite as a result. And tbh, the lad isn't Lionel Messi, he didn't have that much in his locker to change there minds.

Other City players...

Well. Hamann I guess. I suppose a lot of people remember the Liverpool player having harldy seen him play for City, but he is washed up. Had a good game on saturday...but that was against Mark Noble, Lee Bowyer and Hayden Mullins. I have little to no hope he can keep it up.

Samaras is another maybe. People who only saw him early on his City career, before Pearce knocked his confidence out of him, probably think he's alright. Remember reading a thread on an Aston Villa forum a little while back where they were bleating about wanting a target man...they all wanted Samaras. :laugh:

Don't think there are any more. Everyone else is either class or shite and the world and his wife know it.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Carrick

Carrick's the other way round, other fans say he does nowt but Man utd fans see his quality.

That's because Man Utd fans actually watch their matches, neutrals don't watch every 90 minutes.

Carrick was up there with Ronaldo, Rooney and Ferdinand as one of United's best players last season.

Berbatov

After they way he played on Saturday he can go

i would seriously consider any offer for him right now, looking at his face when he got supped you can tell that he is not happy...i think that he is starting to feel that he is better than the team, i say let him go and use the money to buy a CM player and a LW.

am sure that bent can fill his gap perfectly.

Berbatov

After they way he played on Saturday he can go

i would seriously consider any offer for him right now, looking at his face when he got supped you can tell that he is not happy...i think that he is starting to feel that he is better than the team, i say let him go and use the money to buy a CM player and a LW.

am sure that bent can fill his gap perfectly.

Jesus wept! :lol:

Guest 3-1 NYD

Last season I would have said Reo-Coker at Wham.

This season the cockney cowboys are giving it large about Mark 'local boy' Noble.

Think that he's average myself like!

To an extent, Shearer.

No. Everyone rates Shearer. Well, everyone except KingDawson. And the stick Shearer gets is generally because he has/had far too much power at the club, and perhaps that he should have retired earlier instead of keeping potentially more useful players out of the team.

NO. A few N-O fanatics think that Shearer was good only because of the almighty Craig saviour Bellamy. In other words Shearer was shite.

Guest Triglett

Berbatov is adored by the fans, and Lee has a very large backing. There have been lots of 'I've always stood up for Jenas, but now I think he's shit' posts after the Sunderland game, but I think the general feeling is that he's underrated outside the club (funnily enough, most people say he's completely overrated - there's no in between).

I'd definitely agree with Parker and Nolan, and I'd add MGP to that list.