Players who are highly rated by everyone but their own fans

Wullie

wayne rooney

most people think he is the best player in the world.  to me he is a big pikey fat ass that can hit the ball hard.

I hate him but it's just plain wrong to say his only talent is a powerful shot :rolleyes:

NO. A few N-O fanatics think that Shearer was good only because of the almighty Craig saviour Bellamy. In other words Shearer was shite.

In his later years, that may be correct, in the sense that he wouldn't have scored more than 20 league goals in the 2003-2004 season if he had been partnered with Carl Cort. That doesn't make Shearer a poor player, it just means Bellamy made it easier to play to his strengths. OTOH, I don't think anyone would suggest that Cort would be as good as Shearer if only he'd been given a proper run of games with Bellamy. Shearer was only "shite" on his own, as Graeme Souness later set out to prove.

But don't let sense get in the way of your hatred for Craig Bellamy.

I do not hate Craig Bellamy, I don't rate him as a player don't rate him as a person. But whether I rate him is totally irrelevant here. Not only he has nothing to do with me, I hardly talk about Craig Bellamy in this forum. On the contrary there seem to be a few die hard Bellamy fans here who thought that Shearer couldn't live a decent football career without Bellamy, who bring out the names of Bellamy from time to time.

Hence my comment: Shearer is not rated by a few here. It doesn't matter what my opinions on Bellamy are.

as people have mentioned everyone likes parker duff dyer and i like bellamy still even though hes a dick-head to us on matchdays hes still a good player

Do you understand the question?

as people have mentioned everyone likes parker duff dyer and i like bellamy still even though hes a dick-head to us on matchdays hes still a good player

I doubt he even understands that question tbh.

I was reading a thread on one of our boards last week, concerning MON's seeming inability to buy defenders, and someone suggested we take a look at Stephen Carr.

PS lots of Villa fans (and I waver this way myself) thing Gabriel Agbonlahor is a one trick pony who'll never really make it. I wouldn't go that far, but I think Craig Gardner will be a much better player.

steven taylor

This one confuses me. I'm sure I remember a lot of people here (most?) saying during last season that he was generally a bit clueless.

Then he hobbles around for the U21s and scores a penalty, and suddenly he's Paolo Maldini.

I may be wrong, like.

I was reading a thread on one of our boards last week, concerning MON's seeming inability to buy defenders, and someone suggested we take a look at Stephen Carr.

PS lots of Villa fans (and I waver this way myself) thing Gabriel Agbonlahor is a one trick pony who'll never really make it. I wouldn't go that far, but I think Craig Gardner will be a much better player.

Remember when you used to beg us to take Aaron Hughes back?

Well please take Carr, he's a brilliant player.

Remember when you used to beg us to take Aaron Hughes back?

Well please take Carr, he's a brilliant player.

I never thought I'd say this, but if we gave Fulham back their money and had Hughes back right now, I wouldn't complain.

This transfer window is driving me to tears, esp where RBs are concerned.

steven taylor

This one confuses me. I'm sure I remember a lot of people here (most?) saying during last season that he was generally a bit clueless.

Then he hobbles around for the U21s and scores a penalty, and suddenly he's Paolo Maldini.

I may be wrong, like.

I doubt it was most people saying he was clueless, a vocal minority perhaps.

At times he was clueless, to be expected at his age playing with the players he had around him as well. Generally now he's considered a very good CB prospect who still has a fair bit to learn, I just think people are excited about him because we finally have a manager who we're confident can develop a prospect like Taylor.

steven taylor

I may be wrong, like.

he did have a bad spell last season where naturally some went over the top,in the same way some went over the top when he was playing well.

steven taylor

I may be wrong, like.

I doubt it was most people saying he was clueless, a vocal minority perhaps.

At times he was clueless, to be expected at his age playing with the players he had around him as well. Generally now he's considered a very good CB prospect who still has a fair bit to learn, I just think people are excited about him because we finally have a manager who we're confident can develop a prospect like Taylor.

Although a Kluivert loving Canadian youth international was on here earlier hoping that Taylor would break a leg so that others could get a game.

yes, i said parker duff dyer are liked by other clubs fans, not by me

but i like bellamy but alot of people say they dont

question means players you hate from club i support but other clubs fans like them?

yes, i said parker duff dyer are liked by other clubs fans, not by me

but i like bellamy but alot of people say they dont

question means players you hate from club i support but other clubs fans like them?

The first one is valid.

The second makes no sense. :razz:

To an extent, Shearer.

No. Everyone rates Shearer. Well, everyone except KingDawson. And the stick Shearer gets is generally because he has/had far too much power at the club, and perhaps that he should have retired earlier instead of keeping potentially more useful players out of the team.

Shearer's very underrated by a lot of other fans in my eyes, people only seem to remember the slow and immobile Shearer at us post '97, the one who backed into defenders, played with his back to goal etc.

They tend to forget that from '92-'97 he was possibly the finest centre forward to have played on these shores, as a striker during that period of time he had it all. All culminated with a cruciate ligament injury in there as well.

Guest tuppence

BOOOOOOOMsong

No I think the general consensus throughout the footballing world is that he's shite

or was that a newcastle-online "joke" like thinking saying tbh after everything