Sir Alex tips Toon for 4th

NSG

Oh, this wasn't aimed at Asipith. Just randomly found this thread searching for something else. Seem alien to consider the Allardyce 'era' as anything potentially resembling European qualification, let alone Top 4!

Oh, this wasn't aimed at Asipith. Just randomly found this thread searching for something else. Seem alien to consider the Allardyce 'era' as anything potentially resembling European qualification, let alone Top 4!

No, it was aimed at Apisith. Be honest.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure how anyone can claim Mike Ashley has never provided anything to us. He cashed a big old Reality Cheque on all of us, which I'm grateful for.

I remember the first game against Bolton. Charles scoring from a freekick and two great goals from Femi with back flips included. Allardyce conquering his old club and Newcastle looking like world beaters. By the time we were to play Bolton again, much had changed. Optimism was in the air for entirely different circumstances. The club was in decline and Sam had been thrown out, but the imminent return of Keegan lit up SJP. The cycle began again.

Guest Stephen927

Stu really is this forum's Steve Irwin.Except he's more Crockofshit Hunter than Crocodile Hunter.

Who's gonna be the stingray?

I remember the first game against Bolton. Charles scoring from a freekick and two great goals from Femi with back flips included. Allardyce conquering his old club and Newcastle looking like world beaters. By the time we were to play Bolton again, much had changed. Optimism was in the air for entirely different circumstances. The club was in decline and Sam had been thrown out, but the imminent return of Keegan lit up SJP. The cycle began again.

Allardyce hadn't had enough time to destroy the football ethos at the club by the time that first game came round. He worked hard to put that right in the following months.

No, it was aimed at Apisith. Be honest.

:lol:

Stu and I have made up.

Allardyce hadn't had enough time to destroy the football ethos at the club by the time that first game came round. He worked hard to put that right in the following months.

Can't believe anyone can doubt how shite Allardyce was, that season still makes me angry to this day. What an absolute mong of a man.

Guest Stephen927

I remember Allardyce saying, before he left Bolton, that he would adapt his tactics to suit whatever club he went to. Long balls from the back to Martins or Owen, what a mong.

Some one once posted a clip here of Allardyce tooling around on a cart all the while yelling instructions into a megaphone.  I think it was a practice at St. James' Park and the players were woodenly moving around with questioning looks on their faces. I would love to see that again.  It was classic.

That clip always reminds me of the scene in Fight Club where they're toiling away in the garden and Brad Pitt is on the megaphone saying

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.  You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

Makes some of the jobs I've had look like a great laugh.