Sam on SSN

SUPERTOON

Emre tries to get stuck in but he simply isn't a natural ball winner and that certainly shouldn't be his primary duty in the team. As part of a three man midfield under a sensible manager I think he'll be given more creative license and told to play a bit further up the field, operating in that area of the field between the opposition's midfield and defence where players are hard to pick up. I remember when Souness described him as a defensive midfielder and thought Parker should be doing the attacking. It was only when Butt and Emre played side by side that we saw Emre playing further up the pitch and the team looked so much more balanced and creative. More common sense like that and an injury free season and who knows.

Guest microbar

Keep Owen on the bench and watch him squeal,

He thinks he has a right to walk straight back into the team,

Just because theres an england game coming up,

Wake up lady owen sams in charge now.  >:(

Guest johnson293

This is on Sky Sports website about Faye, presume its from the same interview Sky have been promising...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2665718,00.html

Sam Allardyce has confirmed Newcastle are looking to sign Bolton defender Abdoulaye Faye.

Faye is thought to be on the verge of joining The Magpies for £2million and his absence from Bolton's squad at Fulham appeared to suggest the Senegal international was on his way out of the club.

Allardyce admits discussions are ongoing between the two clubs but says a deal for Faye is still someway off.

"There are some negotiations regarding us and Bolton regarding that but at the moment I don't know how far they've got," he said.

Sammy Lee insists Faye remains a Bolton player and is concerned the speculation has unsettled the stopper.

"He is still a Bolton Wanderers footballer as far as I am concerned," Lee said in The Bolton News.

"I didn't think it was right to take him to Fulham. His mind might not be focused on the job in hand."

Someone who agrees with me  :smitten:

Just a word on Emre though,think he's a quality player and isn't fat at all.

He wears about 50 jumpers under his actually toon shirt in the winter which makes him look fat.

Excellant player if we can get him on top of his game.

tbh i now think we can have a deadly midfield that can rival any other premiership club,maybe with the exception of Chelsea

Someone who agrees with me  :smitten:

Just a word on Emre though,think he's a quality player and isn't fat at all.

He wears about 50 jumpers under his actually toon shirt in the winter which makes him look fat.

Excellant player if we can get him on top of his game.

tbh i now think we can have a deadly midfield that can rival any other premiership club,maybe with the exception of Chelsea

....and liverpool...and mayoo... andi'm sure other teams' supporters will disagree vehemently

in terms of grit maybe.. in terms of pace n creativity.. we'r nowhere near.

We've got milner, emre, zoggy and luque. Four players with pace and creativity, sams choice who he picks out of those.

We've got milner, emre, zoggy and luque. Four players with pace and creativity, sams choice who he picks out of those.

milner, luque and emre aren't slow but I wouldn't say they have pace

exactly.. i mean tbh we have a team full of grafters. where's the pace? the vision? the fancy footwork? (ok the last one is optional)

so far we have no midfielders with creativity, despite what everyones been saying i don't rate geremi as high as most of you. looked conspicuously unspectacular against bolton.

Guest mikefin

exactly.. i mean tbh we have a team full of grafters. where's the pace? the vision? the fancy footwork? (ok the last one is optional)

so far we have no midfielders with creativity, despite what everyones been saying i don't rate geremi as high as most of you. looked conspicuously unspectacular against bolton.

So you havent seen Emre then. I mean when he played under decent manager in italy..

So you havent seen Emre then. I mean when he played under decent manager in italy..

i have. but he hasn't exactly shown that ability wearing the stripes now has he? ( i'll tell you what though, his goal against reading last season shows that he has the potential to be a class player. i like emre but he tends to ride on the coat-tails of his earlier performances and lacks consistency. i really do hope he becomes the player everyone is touting him to be.

Emre has great qualitys, Just been a little inconsistent. When everything works well for him he's a Class player, but that doesn't happen too often unfortunately.

But i would also add one thing on that, He has played in a shit team with no organisation or tactics whatsoever, where aömost every other player also has been up and down, mostly down.

Under a manager who will sort out the players different roles in the team, a manager who will motivate most of the players,

No we seem to have some strategy and so on.

So im confident that this season when emre gets fit we might see his true talent more often. Because the little kebab surely has some great talent, and i dont think many doubt that.

But hopefully we will see him use that more often, if not, then he will probably never be able to show his talent as he's missing other attributes to make use of the good ones..

Emre has it all to prove. Luque does too. They have both had two seasons achieving fuck all. Milner is slow, no matter how you dress it up. Zog is unproven but has potential to do well. Think we are lacking personally.

Plenty of grafters, no pace and very little guile.

Emre has it all to prove. Luque does too. They have both had two seasons achieving fuck all. Milner is slow, no matter how you dress it up. Zog is unproven but has potential to do well. Think we are lacking personally.

Plenty of grafters, no pace and very little guile.

Emre hasn't been great, but it's a bit unfair to lump him in the same boat as Luque.

In response to the comments on Milner, I personally think he's looked very dangerous in pre-season and notched up another assist against Bolton. I'd be happy enough with him as a first choice winger, because I think he's been slowly but surely getting better and better ever since that loan spell at Villa. His crossing has improved ten-fold since he arrived at the club and his decision making is a lot better. He's picking the sensible options now, getting crosses in early. Remember how he would try to repeatedly skin his marker and lose the ball without getting a cross in? Or float crosses in that were easy for the keeper or tough to meet with any real power? Now he just beats his man and puts the ball with pace into the danger area, much more no-nonsense stuff from him. He's also taking more shots on goal and his movement to find space out wide is better.

I do think we need an alternative option to him though, someone to change a game if we find ourselves lacking that spark or we're struggling to break down a stubborn defence.

Guest Phil K

Interview with Sam coming up later on SSN

Talking about Owen who missed training today. And other things

Well well.

We get shot of one sick note waver, still lumbered with the other one, though.

I think Milner's looked very dangerous in pre-season and notched up another assist against Bolton. I'd be happy enough with him as a first choice winger, because I think he's been slowly but surely getting better and better ever since that loan spell at Villa. His crossing has improved ten-fold since he arrived at the club and his decision making is a lot better. He's picking the sensible options now, getting crosses in early. Remember how he would try to repeatedly skin his marker and lose the ball without getting a cross in? Or float crosses in that were easy for the keeper or tough to meet with any real power? Now he just beats his man and puts the ball with pace into the danger area, much more no-nonsense stuff from him. He's also taking more shots on goal and his movement to find space out wide is better.

I do think we need an alternative option to him though, someone to change a game if we find ourselves lacking that spark or we're struggling to break down a stubborn defence.

Stretching it.  :razz: My main concern over the lad is the fact that he slows the game down and is very little use as an outlet. He is fairly easily picked up tbh. He is far from being a bad player. He just isn't what I would call a good one either. I mean that in the sense that Robert, Ginola Nobby etc were good players here.

I keep hearing his crossing has improved, and indeed it has. By God it needed to. However, it's nowhere even close to those mentioned. Nor is his effectiveness.

I've got nowt against the lad, other than the fact that he is limited.

He's one I would look to replace.

Not keen on him leaving, just not being used other than when GOOD players are available.

Guest teepee

i totally agree, neither of them is quick. i'd probably go as far as to say they are on the slow side.....

if martins is injured we will need pace badly imo - owen still has a bit, but not like dyer or anything.

smith, viduka, ameobi, nobby, luque, milner, emre - no real pace in our team (martins aside)

agree we need a player like that.. any suggestions?

i mean i've been suggesting barnes a lot lately. i personally think that he can develop into a great player and already has that blistering pace and is a decent passer of the ball. if we snap him up, i think it'll be a great buy as he can only improve

So what did he actually say then? I seen him talking on SSN but I was at work so it was on mute.

Owen + Others didn't train because they were having a recovery day involving things lke massages. Then all the rest has been said on .cock

Geremi and Barton with Emre in front of them is a mouth-watering prospect for a midfield 3.

To be ideal you'd also want proper left and right forwards - but we could make do I am sure.

Sure to see a lot of goals from midfield like that.

Thats the midfield I'm most looking forward to!

Milner--------Barton--------Geremi---------Zoggy

Emre

Viduka/Owen----------Martins           

Hells yes O0

No Smith?Well anyways at least one of those well always be injured!

Guest elbee909

Geremi and Barton with Emre in front of them is a mouth-watering prospect for a midfield 3.

To be ideal you'd also want proper left and right forwards - but we could make do I am sure.

Sure to see a lot of goals from midfield like that.

Thats the midfield I'm most looking forward to!

Milner--------Barton--------Geremi---------Zoggy

Emre

Viduka/Owen----------Martins           

Hells yes O0

No Smith?Well anyways at least one of those well always be injured!

3 at the back with that midfield?  Don't fucking think so, do you?