Players to look out for this season?

STM

This thread not specific to youngsters, just players who you expect to impress throughout the season. Here's a few of mine:

GK:Kasper Schmeichel- Looking to follow in his fathers footsteps this season should be interesting to what he is capable of. If genetics are anything to go by this lad may well take his chance at city.

DF:Jolean Lescott- By no means someone who has gone un-noticed but i believe he could be capable of pushing the likes of Terry and Ferdinand at international level if they fail to perform or get injured.

DF:Nedum Onuaha- Thought this lad look equally as impressive as Stevie Taylor at the U21's in the summer. Could be capable of making a name for himself along side Michah Ricahards and Co.

DF:David Rozehnal- Had to add him TBH. Already looks a very comfortable centre half and hopefully will be part of a famous back four that stop necastle reputation of having a somewhat comical defence.

DF:Leighton Baines- Has the chance to step it up a gear at an unargueably bigger club. If he regains his fitness and Everton do well (which i believe they will), he is sure to stand out.

MF:Micheal Johnson- Ok,Ok i must admit i only saw the highlights of his performance against Derby but sometimes that is enough to impress. If he gets his chance the former Man City youth captain could be hot prospect.

MF:Hameur Bouazza- Could be called a forward but he impressed at Watford and i'm glad to see him stay in the premiership. Fulham aren't a great club but i believe this was a good buy for them.

MF:Geremi- Don't need to convinced you lot, great buy.

MF:Shaun Wright-Phillips- It's about bloody time he was given regular football at Chelsea because he is playing in london he will get all the plaudits should he do what he did for Man City.

FW:Roque Santa Cruz- Scored 2 in 2. Has always been a good player and i expect he will hit double figures quite easily this year.

FW:Benjani- Early signs are that he may found his scoring touch. It took Droba a while to settle (not that i'm comparing), hopefully for portsmouth he will do the same.

Van Persie will step up  into  the upper echelon of Premiership players this season IMO.

Ashley Young I expect to have a good season too.

Of our players, Barton is one I'm very interested to see. Could become the driving force behind our team.

Bit silly to say Schmiechel, he's only filling in atm.

I wanted to include a keeper and without going for an obvious choice such as Cech, Given and even the likes of Carson i was struggling.

If he keeps playing the way is, it might not do his reputation any harm. Eventually he will move back into the squad because of his age but one for the future perhaps.

Guest makeyourself

van Persie will step up and get 20 goals this season

25-30 imo

He definitely has the quality to score that many

Guest makeyourself

Milner will get in the england squad this season

Don't think he will, while he is a good player, he's not England standard

Milner will get in the england squad this season

Don't think he will, while he is a good player, he's not England standard

What exactly is england standard? Milner was our most productive player last season and can play on both flanks. He is only going to improve with the players around him.

van Persie will step up and get 20 goals this season

25-30 imo

He definitely has the quality to score that many

What makes people say this? Last season only Drogba only got anywhere near that. Do you think he's the second best finisher in the league?

he plays for the team that makes the most chances in the league

FW:Roque Santa Cruz- Scored 2 in 2. Has always been a good player and i expect he will hit double figures quite easily this year.

I think there a lot of people down here in Germany who would disagree with the "has always been a good player". Most Bayern fans were glad of finally getting rid of him as he showed potential in his early years but was on a rapid decline . In the last couple of seasons he was either mostly injured or out of form (he would have been sold two years ago, if he hadn't injured himself and got a new contract because of mercy). They pissed themselves about the fee they got for him in the end.

He certainly has talent and has started surprisingly well at Blackburn. It will be interesting to see if he can really get his career back on track.