Today's Other Games

ElDiablo

Penalty Chelsea. Quite dodgy but I can see what the ref might be thinking.

Never in a month of Sundays :lol:

I did say it was dodgy man. I don't agree with the decision but from the ref's viewpoint, he would have noticed a nudge and wouldn't have been able to judge how hard it was because of the angle that he was viewing it from. That's why I said I can see why the ref might have thought it was a penalty.

Malouda is fuking excellent at diving like!

Gerrard aint bad at diving either.

But this guy takes it to a new level.

Cue the media going mental at him over the next few weeks, and rightly so.

Malouda is fuking excellent at diving like!

Gerrard aint bad at diving either.

But this guy takes it to a new level.

Cue the media going mental at him over the next few weeks, and rightly so.

He didn't dive for the penalty though. I don't think he even appealed for it.

Ref has now said (via the 4th official) that no card was given to Essien, the only card that was given was to JT. But, what is someone suppose to think when the ref shows a yellow card to Essien's face and Essien reacts by placing his hands above his head in disbelief, and then proceeds to give a card to John Terry half a minute later. What an idiot referee.

In such situations the referee HAS to keep his head.  It's difficult, I know, I've been there, but you have to keep your cool.  Rob Styles has failed to do that.  It's just got worse and worse since the phantom penalty.  He could have binned half the Chelsea team for manhandling him as well.

Ref has now said (via the 4th official) that no card was given to Essien, the only card that was given was to JT. But, what is someone suppose to think when the ref shows a yellow card to Essien's face and Essien reacts by placing his hands above his head in disbelief, and then proceeds to give a card to John Terry half a minute later. What an idiot referee.

Covering his own back.  what a joke

In such situations the referee HAS to keep his head.  It's difficult, I know, I've been there, but you have to keep your cool.  Rob Styles has failed to do that.  It's just got worse and worse since the phantom penalty.  He could have binned half the Chelsea team for manhandling him as well.

Sounds like its become a West End farce !

Covering his own back.  what a joke

Yeah, I'm not sure I buy what he's said either.