Sunday story time

sempuki

From the ever reliable NOTW:

TOON PLOT DECO GRAB

By Ray Ryan

NEWCASTLE will offer Emre to Barcelona in a bid to win the race for Portuguese superstar Deco.

Toon officials will talk with representatives of Barca and Deco this week in a bid to lure the midfielder to St James' Park.

New Toon owner Mike Ashley wants a global superstar at the club and has Deco high on his list.

Newcastle will try and finalise the signing of defender Juliano Belletti this week and hope to discuss Deco during those talks.

A Toon source revealed: "It is no secret Mike Ashley wants a high profile player at the club and Deco fits the bill perfectly.

"The club plan to talk with Barcelona this week to see if the deal can be achieved and are ready to offer Emre plus around £8million in cash."

Deco has always insisted he wants to play in the Premier League and is understood to be keen on a move to Tyneside.

Toon boss Sam Allardyce is also tracking Reading defender Nicky Shorey and is ready to bid £5.75m this week.

He is also on the lookout for a new keeper with Shay Given injured and has targeted Chelsea No2 Carlo Cudicini on loan.

Allardyce said: "We do not have an experienced goalkeeper so I will be looking for one over the next couple of days.

"Initially it will be on loan but we want one with the right experience."

Guest Ridzuan

if they want to sell deco why would they want emre o.0

I think it is just a move to sweeten the deal nothing much.

if they want to sell deco why would they want emre o.0

I think it is just a move to sweeten the deal nothing much.

No it's not, because this is all fiction. 

Guest unrealterrorist

Actually now that i think about it, i remember reading that emre is a huge barca supporter..

Is he never ever knew that!

Deco is pretty much past his best (he'll be 30 in 8 days) and probably only has about 2-3 decent seasons left in him (not to mention if he came here he'd probably take ages to acclimatise to the English game, weather and culture - if at all). Emre is obviously not as good as Deco but is only 26 and I reckon could do very well for us under Sam.

If Ashley is genuinely after a "trophy signing" or whatever the term is I'd rather he keep Emre and go for someone younger and with more to prove. Yes, it might cost more, but we'd be better off in the long term I reckon.

Guest Deep456

Juliano Belletti/ Shorey and Deco and I will be very happy with the transfers we did this season and with our team.

Deco would be immense for us. He is exactly what we need, a midfielder who can create something as the only person who created anything really in the first two games was Milner.

As for the talk of a RB like Belletti or Bosingwa, they are again exactly what we need, a RB who can go forward.

Guest Ridzuan

Sam says we are close to at least one signing this week

I dont think he is interested in adding a creative midfielder

That must be Faye I believe.