Old thread about a potential Icelandic takeover bid years ago

Power NUFC

Post some facts, then.

On average, it takes 660 days from conception for an elephant to give birth.

In Albania, nodding your head means 'no' and shaking your head means 'yes'.

The average single man is one inch shorter than the average married man.

Bacteria that cause tooth decay, acne, tuberculosis, and leprosy can be cured with cashews.

Jennifer Aniston's original name is Jennifer Anastassakis!

You inhale about 700,000 of your own skin flakes each day.

Post some facts, then.

Bacteria that cause tooth decay, acne, tuberculosis, and leprosy can be cured with cashews.

didn't know any of those.. wow thanks  :clap:

If he sells it means his heart wasn't in it anyway, therefore we are better off with someone who wants to own us.

Kudos on the facts NSG

wrong,i'd like to own NUFC but i think the club would be better off with the right successful businessman in charge

If he sells it means his heart wasn't in it anyway, therefore we are better off with someone who wants to own us.

Kudos on the facts NSG

wrong,i'd like to own NUFC but i think the club would be better off with the right successful businessman in charge

Exactly my feelings on the whole situation. Freddy ran us into the ground and we've finally got someone with business sense incharge of the club who'll run us properly. The last thing we need is a bunch of flighty, foreign investors who are going to see us as a play thing.

Within the next 10-15 years I think we'll see alot of the clubs who've been taken over by the Abramovich's of this world run into serious financial trouble.

I don't speak Icelandic, but as I speak Faroese I can make a hint of what it's saying, at least I can decipher the first paragraph - it says that Pálmi Haraldsson confirms to the newspaper "Visir" that they do not wish to buy NUFC.

Yeah that seems to be the gist of it from the shitty internet translation I got. Says they're not going to "snuggle up" to NUFC. :lol:

Post some facts, then.

'pure speculation'

Post some facts, then.

I don't have the facts to hand at the moment but when I do, you'll be the first person I tell about it ;)

So on what do you base the statement that they're in the s***?

I'm not going to waste my time trawling the internet to find an article that backs up what i've heard just to appease a numpty on here. If i've heard wrongly then so be it.

The last thing we need is a bunch of flighty, foreign investors who are going to see us as a play thing.

Are "foreign" investors necessarily more flighty than English ones?

These people own loads of stuff in the UK -- the House of Fraser, Hamley's, the Iceland chain and suchlike. Any evidence these are being run as playthings?

Post some facts, then.

I don't have the facts to hand at the moment but when I do, you'll be the first person I tell about it ;)

I'm not going to waste my time trawling the internet to find an article that backs up what i've heard just to appease a numpty on here. If i've heard wrongly then so be it.

I see. So you are essentially just talking out of your arse.

Maybe a job on the Chronicle beckons?

Post some facts, then.

:lol: No, i'm posting what i've heard and read and I never claimed otherwise. Have you got a problem with that Ozzie?

Post some facts, then.

:lol: No, i'm posting what i've heard and read and I never claimed otherwise. Have you got a problem with that Ozzie?

Then why not just admit all you're posting is gossip, instead of flinging insults at someone who's interested in what's actually going on?

Post some facts, then.

Then why not just admit all you're posting is gossip, instead of flinging insults at someone who's interested in what's actually going on?

Or post WHERE you heard them. Not even links, just a name.

...hang on....you heard it in the Sun, didn't you DI - SoG? on their "business" pages.

Kudos on the facts NSG

The right successful businessman isn't someone who is going to sell any time soon. If he is looking to sell now, we can only assume that he is looking for the maximum return on his investment now, which at this time can't possibly be success on the pitch. How can this situation be good for the club?

Hopefully the Chron is right for a change, the board aren't lying and it is all bollocks.

Post some facts, then.

I've never said I wasn't posting gossip, have I? I've posted what i've read from a fairly reputable source yesterday that I don't have the time or care to search for at the moment. I read that Bauger have had to pump more money into some of the high street stores they've bought as they aren't performing aswell as they'd have hoped and this has, in turn scuppered the deal they were working towards to buy BHS.

When and if I find said link i'll post it up on here but until then please take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up your arse.

its been mentioned in skysports.com

anyway, why not give that a shot ? to be really honest i lost my faith in us winning a lot of matches (Fergie tipped us to reach top 4) but it doesn't seem like that especially since we lost home to a weak club that comes by the name of Aston Villa .. too weak to even be named Aston Martin..

Anyway, Since Ashley coming in.. I dont think it was ever right appointing Ashley.. Eriksson should have been the right manager for us..

Now with the new hopeful takeover happening and since money isnt an issue anymore, Big Phil should be appointed.

That was the worst post since I announced I was a woman and accused others of being sexist towards me.

You didn't did you?  mackems.gif

As for the post:  :idiot2: