Old thread about a potential Icelandic takeover bid years ago

Power NUFC

I have a question, and i hope someone knows the answer, cos i can't be arsed reading through 8 pages of people arguing about stability and ownership:

What do the Icelandics do? I mean by that, where is their money from?

Because, frankly, if its not more glamourous/less crap than biscuits, i'm not interested in them owning our club.

I have a question, and i hope someone knows the answer, cos i can't be arsed reading through 8 pages of people arguing about stability and ownership:

What do the Icelandics do? I mean by that, where is their money from?

Because, frankly, if its not more glamourous/less crap than biscuits, i'm not interested in them owning our club.

Mostly, they seem to own retail enterprises -- like Ashley.

I thinkk I know what's going on ...

Basically, all of the foreigners who have been trying to buy the club from Shepherd and his clan all of these years are now trying it on again. They didn't have a chance because Shepherd was anti aliens and was holding out for the "Geordie Abramovich" and so now he's gone, they're trying to get the club off Mike Ashley who doesn't see himself as the Geordie defender of the universe.

I don't expect MA to budge though. Especially not at such an awkward time.

I thinkk I know what's going on ...

Basically, all of the foreigners who have been trying to buy the club from Shepherd and his clan all of these years are now trying it on again. They didn't have a chance because Shepherd was anti aliens and was holding out for the "Geordie Abramovich" and so now he's gone, they're trying to get the club off Mike Ashley who doesn't see himself as the Geordie defender of the universe.

I don't expect MA to budge though. Especially not at such an awkward time.

interesting point that, i wonder if, with all the comments from john hall regarding ashley as being the perfect person to take us forward etc etc, that there could have been some sort of clause written into the deal so he couldnt sell the club on at a profit within a certain time frame? i dont suppose its likely though, seems as if it would have been more of a gentlemans agreement, or that it wasnt even mentioned and that they were just happy to sell up to someone english and to hell with what they did once the club was theirs

Guest shearer_united

its been mentioned in skysports.com

anyway, why not give that a shot ? to be really honest i lost my faith in us winning a lot of matches (Fergie tipped us to reach top 4) but it doesn't seem like that especially since we lost home to a weak club that comes by the name of Aston Villa .. too weak to even be named Aston Martin..

Anyway, Since Ashley coming in.. I dont think it was ever right appointing Ashley.. Eriksson should have been the right manager for us..

Now with the new hopeful takeover happening and since money isnt an issue anymore, Big Phil should be appointed.

anyway, why not give that a shot ? to be really honest i lost my faith in us winning a lot of matches (Fergie tipped us to reach top 4) but it doesn't seem like that especially since we lost home to a weak club that comes by the name of Aston Villa .. too weak to even be named Aston Martin..

Anyway, Since Ashley coming in.. I dont think it was ever right appointing Ashley.. Eriksson should have been the right manager for us..

Now with the new hopeful takeover happening and since money isnt an issue anymore, Big Phil should be appointed.

No we didn't.

???

Guest BooBoo

I really hope this nonsensical rhubarb is an attempt at irony!

:lol:

I really hope this nonsensical rhubarb is an attempt at irony!

:lol:

Couldnt agree more if I was a complete fucking spastic

Legend :lol:

Part in bold is a bit sad, not really funny  but the rest  :lol:  :lol:

This will never happen imo, probably just made up by the Icelandic people because they're bored  :laugh2:

Yeah we got nothing better do with our time than making up stories of Icelandic millionaires trying to buy a mediocre football club. Think again you twat   :knuppel2:

Greatest gibberish ever written on this forum.  :thup:

This will never happen imo, probably just made up by the Icelandic people because they're bored  :laugh2:

Yeah we got nothing better do with our time than making up stories of Icelandic millionaires trying to buy a mediocre football club. Think again you t***  :knuppel2:

oooooooooooh