Imagine you were a footballer...

James

Imagine you were a footballer good enough to play 60% of games for a Top 4 Club, 75% for a Top 10 club, and 100% for a bottom  half club.

List all the Premier League clubs in the order of preference of who you'd most like to play for (Not strictly which clubs you like the most least, although that may be a factor)

Also, give your reasons if you have time. This is a bit tongue in cheek by the way.

1. Newcastle United - obvious reasons

2. Arsenal - good fans, good football, good long term infrastructure, good team mates, good manager

3. Manchester United - Would be scared of Fergie, but would relish the high quality team mates.

4. Liverpool - would enjoy playing alongside Torres and Gerrard in front of some great fans.

5. Chelsea - good players and interesting manager, but would be playing ina poor atmosphere, and I think there would be a personality clash with Lampard and Cole.

6. Everton - Good fans and a well runclub, plus the chance to play with Arteta.

7. Manchester City - Exciting times, and you know the defence won't let you down.

8. Blackburn Rovers - Hughes is a top manager, and I'd enjoy playing with certain players, but not all.

9. Portsmouth - Exciting flair team mates would keep things interesting, won't lose too many games.

10. Aston Villa - Mentally, I think I'd respond best to O'Neill's style of management.

11. Tottenham Hotspur - Good players to play alongside, but cracks and uncertainty are visible.

12. Sunderland - Not the best team, but there is an aura about the place at the moment.

13. Reading - A real comfort zone club

14. Wigan - The chance to play alongside Le Sib, Bramble and Heskey undermined by the worry of struggle.

15. Fulham - So mundane, I couldn't remember them when trying to list all 20 Premiership clubs.

16. Bolton Wanderers - The chance to play alongside Anelka, Diouf and Speed undermined by the worry of struggle.

17. Birmingham City - Not going anywhere, and may go down

18. Middlesbrough - Don't want to get relegated

19. Derby County - Don't want to get relegated

20. West Ham - Filled with destructive influences and the manager is described as distant.

Guest kingdawson

Imagine you were a footballer good enough to play 60% of games for a Top 4 Club, 75% for a Top 10 club, and 100% for a bottom  half club.

List all the Premier League clubs in the order of preference of who you'd most like to play for (Not strictly which clubs you like the most least, although that may be a factor)

Also, give your reasons if you have time. This is a bit tongue in cheek by the way.

1. Newcastle United - obvious reasons

2. Arsenal - good fans, good football, good long term infrastructure, good team mates, good manager

3. Manchester United - Would be scared of Fergie, but would relish the high quality team mates.

4. Liverpool - would enjoy playing alongside Torres and Gerrard in front of some great fans.

5. Chelsea - good players and interesting manager, but would be playing ina poor atmosphere, and I think there would be a personality clash with Lampard and Cole.

6. Everton - Good fans and a well runclub, plus the chance to play with Arteta.

7. Manchester City - Exciting times, and you know the defence won't let you down.

8. Blackburn Rovers - Hughes is a top manager, and I'd enjoy playing with certain players, but not all.

9. Portsmouth - Exciting flair team mates would keep things interesting, won't lose too many games.

10. Aston Villa - Mentally, I think I'd respond best to O'Neill's style of management.

11. Tottenham Hotspur - Good players to play alongside, but cracks and uncertainty are visible.

12. Sunderland - Not the best team, but there is an aura about the place at the moment.

13. Reading - A real comfort zone club

14. Wigan - The chance to play alongside Le Sib, Bramble and Heskey undermined by the worry of struggle.

15. Fulham - So mundane, I couldn't remember them when trying to list all 20 Premiership clubs.

16. Bolton Wanderers - The chance to play alongside Anelka, Diouf and Speed undermined by the worry of struggle.

17. Birmingham City - Not going anywhere, and may go down

18. Middlesbrough - Don't want to get relegated

19. Derby County - Don't want to get relegated

20. West Ham - Filled with destructive influences and the manager is described as distant.

;D ;D

Yeah, I can't be arsed to do this. Basically anybody apart from the teams who are just "there" for the sake of it - Fulham, Blackburn etc.

I mean, is there any actual point in Fulham? They're just like the fat little kid with social-phobia who sits silently in class drawing on his pencil case and doesn't really do anything else at all. Ever.

Top five:

1. Newcastle - yep.

2. Liverpool - Gerrard, Torres.

3. Man Utd - Would love to see how Fergie works day in day out.

4. Arsenal - What James said, apart from fans!?!!? In London.

5. Chels - Probably get loads of £. In London also.

I mean, is there any actual point in Fulham? They're just like the fat little kid with social-phobia who sits silently in class drawing on his pencil case and doesn't really do anything else at all. Ever.

that is thefunniest quote ever! how do i put it at the bottom of my posts?

1. Arsenal - Good Fans, Good Stadium, Good Manager, Good Team, Good Chance of Silver-ware, Long term future secure

2. Portsmouth - Good fans, good stable team, good manager, good investment

3. Newcastle United - Great Fans, Great Stadium and a good future

4. Birmingham -

5. Everton

6. Man Utd

7. Aston Villa

8. Liverpool

9. Manchester City

10. Chelsea - Dont think players can be certain of their future

11. Tottenham -

12. Fulham -

13.Reading -

14. Blackburn -

15. Sunderland - Their is a passion that some teams don't seem to have as much

16. Bolton -

17. Wigan -

18. Middlesbrough - Empty stadium all the time

19. Derby County - Boring boring place and people, rather uninteresting

20. West ham - Horrible team, horrible fans, horrible place

Just made some key points, the underlining reasons would be your future and if players get their chance and don't play their for one season (Newcastle exception :p) and fans!

But in reality, if any of these teams came knocking, i'd say yes!

Guest xtinct

I would be wearing a number 9 shirt of course..

1. Newcastle - obvious!

2. Arsenal - Would really enjoy playing here. Brilliant footballing, love their style. They just need me to end their inefficiency.

3. Blackburn - Guess i like them. Some good talent and i like Mark Hughes. And i like to play a bit dirty so i fit in.

4. Liverpool - Fans and talented players.. Benitez and Champions league.

5. Portsmouth 

6. Aston Villa

7. Manchester City

8. Everton

9. Reading - Something like Blackburn, but with less talent and more fighting. Did i mention i like to play dirty?

10. Manchester United - Hate them! But fame and fortune.

11. Chelsea - See above

12. Bolton - Poor manager. But i do think they have talent. Sammy Lee will probably be replaced.

13. Wigan

14. Middlesbrough - Poor manager. Not really anything that attracts

15. Spurs - Hate them. But they have talent.. I don't rate Jol though, but they'll probably have another manager soon.

16. West Ham - Don't like them, but it's also a london party club.. Gotta love that and my WAG would be happy  8)

17. Sunderland - Would like to play under Keane, but preferably not at this club.

18. Fulham

19. Birmingham

20. Derby

1-Newcastle: simple, the one and only club i'll ever support

2- Manchester United: their training set-up could turn a monkey into a world class player, a great manager, fantastic stadium, a world class team with world class players playing alongside you, etc

3- Arsenal: Their style of play and the way they bring a player to the team should be admired (although i hate the fucking cunts), any shit player could turn great in Arsenal, they play as a team not as a group of indviduals (Aside from Henry)

4-Manchester City: Really like the club, the stadium and the fans, and now with the takeoever and the whole transformation their having i think they are heading for great things

5-Liverpool: Rafa's rotation system means everyone gets a chance to prove himself, aside the fans are fantastic (Cheering wise, othe then that their a bunch of fuckers) and its one club that will always treat its players the best way possible.

Guest kingdawson

All this would depend on the position you play tbh. If your a striker or cm you wouldnt really join spurs likewise if your a right back you would jump at the chance to join Newcastle. Pointless thread tbh.

All this would depend on the position you play tbh. If your a striker or cm you wouldnt really join spurs likewise if your a right back you would jump at the chance to join Newcastle. Pointless thread tbh.

wouldn't it be good if someone said "right i'm at the end of my contract so i'm off to play in in prague or lodz or sofia out of curiosity for a season while i'm single and can do this sort of thing "

Of course, in reality, our actual choices would be perverted by money, and we all know that, deep down.

I'd like to think I'd be man enough to never play for Spurs no matter what... though it's a moot point in regards to your post because we all know every other club on the planet offers twice what they do in wages to players, anyway.

Of course, in reality, our actual choices would be perverted by money, and we all know that, deep down.

not so sure,i'd reckon a lot of players could be offered more here and at villa but would still go to man utd/chelski for the chance of winning medals.

Oh aye, no doubt about that. An unwritten law here I guess is "for equal wage". Always a pros cons calculation in real life though.

not so sure,i'd reckon a lot of players could be offered more here and at villa but would still go to man utd/chelski for the chance of winning medals.

Yes, but with medals comes money.

Yes, but with medals comes money.

of course but offer most pros £30,000pw and no medals or £28,000pw and winning stuff ,they'll take the pay cut.

i'll bet steve sidwell and tal ben haim would have been financially aswell off here than at chelsea.

Guest sittingontheball

Canny wages at West Ham by the sounds....

If I could play 60% of the games of a top 4 club, I'd get my agent to talk to Barca,  Valencia, Monaco, the Milan clubs, etc. It must beat living in London, Manchester or Liverpool.

Guest Hodgson09

I'd only play for Newcastle if it were a choice in the Premier league, I don't think I could play against them without scoring a few own goals.

So I would play overseas, to whoever payed me the most unless Newcastle came knocking, which they won't because I'm shite.

If I had one wish I think I'd wish to be a fantastic football player I would love to make all that money just by playing football.