Owen: I'm fit, ready and sick of the speculation

Wullie

If you heard the roar when he came on last week, you'll know the majority of Newcastle fans realise he is the best goalscorer at the club.

Yep. I tend to think this forum is not a great measure of the common feeling among fans in Newcastle. What you hear on here and what you hear in the pubs around town can often be very different.

I put it down to the number of exiled fans posting on here and also the fact that people are influenced by others' views, they have time to read others' posts and make up their mind. I think on here people are more balanced than some of the crap you hear in the pubs/at the ground, but similarly people speak their real gut feelings a lot more in person and sometimes that can be better. I tend to think a lot of people on here don't say what they really feel or dilute their views to fall into line with the general opinion.

If you heard the roar when he came on last week, you'll know the majority of Newcastle fans realise he is the best goalscorer at the club.

Yep. I tend to think this forum is not a great measure of the common feeling among fans in Newcastle. What you hear on here and what you hear in the pubs around town can often be very different.

Its not that bad but i do find people less critical and more optimistic than on here. Nature of the beast though. Younger people tend to be more reactionary too.

He didnt really get into the game last week, he needs a few starts under his belt.

Sell asap.

basically. he's a money grabbing prick who is desperate to leave. not committed at all and doesnt even want to play for us. he's probably sitting outside old trafford right now waiting for it to open since he's so desperate to join them.

its amazing how this is pretty much the same as martins has been saying and he gets "good lad" and "good to hear he's staying" and owen will get (tomorrow, its early) ripped to pieces for saying it. 

Erm, calm down.

I said get rid as I think he's s****.

he's actually the best player we have, so if he's shite, then we must be relegation candidates.

It's called an opinion, and relegation battles? We got 7th place without him so doubt it, as for seeing a "fully fit" Owen, dream on.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Sell asap.

basically. he's a money grabbing prick who is desperate to leave. not committed at all and doesnt even want to play for us. he's probably sitting outside old trafford right now waiting for it to open since he's so desperate to join them.

its amazing how this is pretty much the same as martins has been saying and he gets "good lad" and "good to hear he's staying" and owen will get (tomorrow, its early) ripped to pieces for saying it. 

Erm, calm down.

he's actually the best player we have, so if he's s****, then we must be relegation candidates.

It's called an opinion, and relegation battles? We got 7th place without him so doubt it, as for seeing a "fully fit" Owen, dream on.

owen probably got us 12 points with his goals that season. not bad for being shit and hardly playing.

im almost afraid to ask, but who do we have that is better than owen, in your opinion?

• 3 weeks later...

Sell asap.

Erm, calm down.

I said get rid as I think he's shite.

O0

I don't think anyone doubted Owen's class, but obviously there were doubts about his fitness record and commitment. If he stays fit, I would think a few CL clubs ( who obviously had their own doubts) might start sniffing again, and that will be the real test of Owen's desire to stay here. It could well be that we will be challenging up there ourselves and in that case I wouldn't see Owen leaving. That would be the best case scenario.

Owen is ripped into because he's not Alan Shearer, simple.  I'm sure some think that a good player wouldn't want to play for us unless he had some romantic reason like Alan did, hence as Owen doesn't have such a reason, it has to be more nefarious why he's still here.

There was NEVER any doubting Shearer's commitment.

There is plenty doubting Michael's.

I'd love to be 1000% per cent behind him, but when it comes to the doubts about Liverpool (who want him - but on the cheap) and Man U, like they say - no smoke without fire.

The lad is on fire at the minute, no doubt.

But the irritating links to other clubs are not of our making.

They annoy us more than they seem to annoy him.

i'm positive about owen, he's in fine form, and if he keeps scoring, we'll keep winning, it really doesnt look like we're gonna concede many this season, which will help us to the top of the table, and if he goes, i've got faith in sam to spend the money well

:lol: :lol:

i was going to make a thread for all the people that said "sell him" "get rid" etc etc

He's once again proved he's one of the best finsihers on the planet. And just because he didnt come out and say "fucking hell, i proper love the Toon me like" people were giving him all sorts grief.

Im imagining the majority had never seen him play. 

Guest eyeball_tickler

Owen is ripped into because he's not Alan Shearer, simple.  I'm sure some think that a good player wouldn't want to play for us unless he had some romantic reason like Alan did, hence as Owen doesn't have such a reason, it has to be more nefarious why he's still here.

There was NEVER any doubting Shearer's commitment.

There is plenty doubting Michael's.

I'd love to be 1000% per cent behind him, but when it comes to the doubts about Liverpool (who want him - but on the cheap) and Man U, like they say - no smoke without fire.

The lad is on fire at the minute, no doubt.

But the irritating links to other clubs are not of our making.

They annoy us more than they seem to annoy him.

shearer said he would leave if he wasnt playing regularly (committed or holding the club to ransom?) plus, in the football transfers world, there's plenty of smoke and no sign of even anything vaguely warm.

and again, any actual proof that owen isnt committed?

Same old Owen, always scoring. Problem is, we have already had 10 years with a great striker who in my mind gave more to the team in general play than Owen does and that got us zero trophys. Sure Owen is one great player but I cant help getting the feeling that the price you pay for having him in the team outweighs the benefits. With that I am including the fact that we could sell him for 9 million, get someone like Anelka for the cash and then sign one of Sams free agents for difference in wages.

Owen's general play is excellent to be honest.

In fact, it is definitely superior to Shearer's post-97, superior to any striker currently at the club, and maybe even superior to the general play of the rest of the squad.

Sell asap.

Erm, calm down.

Well you're a retard......

;)

Sell asap.

Erm, calm down.

Well you're a retard......

;)

My opinion, so whatever.