Owen: I'm fit, ready and sick of the speculation

Wullie

Guest microbar

there should be a "say sorry to owen" thread for the vast majority to try to save face.

Why should we say sorry the only reason he is still at newcastle is due to his injury,

And the top four not willing to risk buying him with his 9 million clause,

As soon as he is fit and scoring goals we will not see his arse for dust,

Also I read today that his buy out clause will kick in again next june.

there should be a "say sorry to owen" thread for the vast majority to try to save face.

Why should we say sorry the only reason he is still at newcastle is due to his injury,

We get a year's worth of goals out of him then. Good news. :thup:

if we don't qualify for europe?

can't see anyone offering £9mill next summer even if he gets 30 goals this season.

can't see anyone offering £9mill next summer even if he gets 30 goals this season.

My impression was that the clause becomes inactive next summer if we qualify for Europe. If not, it will be reduced by 25% or so of the orginal fee again, so we could be looking at 7mill.

Wonder if it is possible to activate it in January, since he will be the best striker in Europe that isn't Cup Tied for the CL

My impression was that the clause becomes inactive next summer if we qualify for Europe. If not, it will be reduced by 25% or so of the orginal fee again, so we could be looking at 7mill.

Wonder if it is possible to activate it in January, since he will be the best striker in Europe that isn't Cup Tied for the CL

3 years prior to that and without being out for nearly 2 years he went for £8mill

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

No Owen buy-out clause at Newcastle

tribalfooball.com - September 15, 2007

Michael Owen's £9 million buyout clause in his Newcastle United contract is officially no more.

Contrary to speculation, the £9 million escape clause demanded by Owen's representatives when he joined does not apply again until after the end of the season.

"That option ran out at the end of July," a source told the Mail on Sunday. "The only way he'll be leaving Newcastle in January is if manager Sam Allardyce thinks it will be beneficial to the future of the team, and there's not much chance of that happening."

Guest MagicNumber9

Dont be fcuking daft man, with teams like West Ham about, im expecting them to lodge a £15million bid even if he scores just 3 goals this season and spends half the season on the sidelines