Habib Beye signs three year deal

JH

Guest LucasUnger

sam should look at the german bundesliga.

at least 8 rb or defenders who can play there and you won't get good players as cheap as in germany.

Guest LucasUnger

look at bordon of schalke 04. classy player excellent defender good goiing forward and could get him for 6m euros about 4 million pounds.

Cant we do what most business in the UK are doing & go out & get stack of Polish, Latvians or Hungarians in. We could sign up the entire U21 & U18 squads for next to nowt & pay the chaps £100 p.w. We could then lease hem to bars & nightclubs at the weekend as glass collectors.

Couldn't have picked two better players to get injured tbh. Hopefuly we'll now get a proper RB in and our squad will almost be complete. If we can ship Emre out and get in a playmaker, all the better. No doubting his ability, but he's never fit for selction, which makes him dispensable in my book.

Unfortunately I can see Taylor being pushed out there until Jan if the club doesn't sign someone before the transfer window closes.

Personally I'd like to see Geremi moved to RB. He doesn't seem to offer enough going forward and taking him out of the midfield would allow the opportunity for someone more creative to slot in > Nobby, Emre, Charlie once Enrique is ready for the first team or even Barton who's running will be more effective to the team.

Couldn't have picked two better players to get injured tbh. Hopefuly we'll now get a proper RB in and our squad will almost be complete. If we can ship Emre out and get in a playmaker, all the better. No doubting his ability, but he's never fit for selction, which makes him dispensable in my book.

It really does force the club to address the RB situation which i think they had every intention to allow it to roll over to the next window, possibly further.

Conclusive proof (if any were needed after last season) that Carr is incapable of anything other than a bit part role as a squad player.  Together with Babayaro we must have had the most injury prone full backs in the league last season.  The writing must surely be on the wall now for Fatty Carr and Baba the Sheepheart?

Carr and Ramage's respective injuries = it will force the board/Ashley to upgrade the biggest 'problem position in the squad', ability wise that is.

Without being hampered by Dyer's wage package, and with the accompanying transfer cash pocketed away, Ashley's level of ambition will be judged by the level of player Allardyce is able to draft in ie. a proven defender of international ability or a very promising up & comer - ie. Sporting Lisbon's RB which several EPL clubs have already enquired - or will Allardyce have to scour through his Black Book containing a deep list of cheap journeymen. 

This week is a Litmus Test for Ashley and Mort imo.

Guest firetotheworks

i think with it being a week left the RB that we do get in will be underwhelming. However that doesnt mean to say they wont be quality. Not many knew that much about Rozenhal, Cacapa and Enrique. Im expecting an unknown. Hope its not Glen Johnson.

Guest BooBoo

Good stuff. Injuries were a blessing in disguise.

Actually, they weren't even in disguise.

Still think they could have shown a little more sympathy when Ramage went down....

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/SickleeSausageRoll/ashleypogo.gif

mackems.gif

Unfortunately I can see Taylor being pushed out there until Jan if the club doesn't sign someone before the transfer window closes.

Personally I'd like to see Geremi moved to RB. He doesn't seem to offer enough going forward and taking him out of the midfield would allow the opportunity for someone more creative to slot in > Nobby, Emre, Charlie once Enrique is ready for the first team or even Barton who's running will be more effective to the team.

I don't see any problem with Taylor at RB, he's making far too many mistakes at CB and Roz and Caçapa has the potential to be a top class pairing IMO.

I reckon Geremi will move straight to RB though when Barton is fit again.

Guest toonlass

Good stuff. Injuries were a blessing in disguise.

Actually, they weren't even in disguise.

Still think they could have shown a little more sympathy when Ramage went down....

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/SickleeSausageRoll/ashleypogo.gif

mackems.gif

Big Sam: Get in that's Carr and Ramage both knackered

Ashley: Woohoo, what the fuck does that mean?

Chris Mort: Come here Mike and give me a big kiss!!!

I think we were already in the market for Faye plus a right-back, so hopefully we'll already have a number of targets identified/in progress (remember the mooted bids for Steinsson and Belletti?)

Obviously prices may go up this late in the window, but hopefully after seeing the injuries in the flesh the board might be more "flexible" releasing the funds to Allardyce to sign the player/s he needs.

Still, even if we just get Faye things are looking alright.

Sam just said on SSN we're in advanced negotiations with 2 players, and hopes both can be done within 48 hours. If they fall through, he said there are two more on the radar. I reckon we're after Faye and Diarra, with Diop and Johnson the back up choices.

Guest Toon83

Good news hopefully we can get another two in the next week, my prediction would be Faye and Johnson (first choice) and Diarra and probably someone we've never heard of as backup

Guest jamesmartinsmith

What he just said on Setanta Sports following the game due to the injuries of Ramage and Carr. Looks like we'll be in the market for a RB next week. Good stuff  :thup:

Glen Johnson and Lassana Diarra would be great signings.

Not too keen on Faye for £40,000 and £2 million.