NUFC Transfer Deadline Day Discussion

madras

Given what we know about the two deals that seem to be in place - that Faye is all but done, and even attended the Barnsley match, and that Beye has said his goodbyes in Marseille and is apparently at the training ground today - I suspect that Mort and Sam are trying for a third deal of some sort and holding off the official announcement of the other deals until they either finalize the third deal or consider it unworkable.

Just a theory, but I think it explains the surprising silence from the club so far today.

Given what we know about the two deals that seem to be in place - that Faye is all but done, and even attended the Barnsley match, and that Beye has said his goodbyes in Marseille and is apparently at the training ground today - I suspect that Mort and Sam are trying for a third deal of some sort and holding off the official announcement of the other deals until they either finalize the third deal or consider it unworkable.

Just a theory, but I think it explains the surprising silence from the club so far today.

Probably just waiting for 5 o'clock so they can make Oliver look like a tit yet again.

Or the fact that one deal could be completed, and they're just waiting for theother to be confirmed before they announce both?

Or more likely..

Sam has been taking training

Ashley has been selling trackie bottoms

Mort has been doing 'legal business stuff'

Announcements can come later

Solano goes to West Ham if we get both Faye and Beye in.

Would be better if we got both and he stayed obviously, but nevermind.

Why are people thinking we are signing a third player exactly? Sam has said all week its one, hopefully two coming in. Hope away for a third but thats all you will have.

Guest DavB93

Solano goes to West Ham if we get both Faye and Beye in.

Would be better if we got both and he stayed obviously, but nevermind.

Why are people thinking we are signing a third player exactly? Sam has said all week its one, hopefully two coming in. Hope away for a third but thats all you will have.

Unless your Ashley, Mort or Sam no one can say who we are not or are going to buy...so until the deadline finishes think alot of people will hope for as much as they can.

Or the fact that one deal could be completed, and they're just waiting for theother to be confirmed before they announce both?

Could be. 

I was trying to put together a scenario involving a third deal, but your theory is just as plausible.

Does anyone know if Faye was at the training ground today? 

Guest optimistic nit

i'm refusing to believe solano is leaving until i see it on ssn. i'm not going to let that cunt oliver work me up into a panic about it.

Guest DavB93

Could be. 

I was trying to put together a scenario involving a third deal, but your theory is just as plausible.

Apparently both were there.

Could be. 

Apparently both were there.

Thank you.

Guest Ebolarama

Would love a player like Baptista to join. Well, specifically Baptista. He's around the country today (that's as specific as I'm getting with rumours), apparently.

And I just read a message from a friend who said he saw Deco outside Gregg's in the Bigg Market  :lol: :lol:

If I had to bet all my money on one person I would say Baptista. Very much an Allardyce sort of player, as he is big and strong, and would fit nicely as an attackign midfielder in a 4-3-3. Proved his ability as an attacking midfileder in the Copa America. I think it might also be liekly that we get him on loan with a view to a permanent.

Don't forget kiddies ... we as a club have a cushy relationship with Real from Freddy's days here. Sam is also cushy with them too as he has done deals with them for Hierro and Campo.

Baptista cometh ...

Guest Ebolarama

If I had to bet all my money on one person I would say Baptista. Very much an Allardyce sort of player, as he is big and strong, and would fit nicely as an attackign midfielder in a 4-3-3. Proved his ability as an attacking midfileder in the Copa America. I think it might also be liekly that we get him on loan with a view to a permanent.

Don't forget kiddies ... we as a club have a cushy relationship with Real from Freddy's days here. Sam is also cushy with them too as he has done deals with them for Hierro and Campo.

Baptista cometh ...

The #8 shirt is free too... :laugh:

EDIT: corrected my mistake. I'm apparently stricken with brain fever.