NUFC Transfer Deadline Day Discussion

madras

Guest scottfx

tbh i recon nobby really wants to stay..he said when he signed he wanted to end his career with us but its family problems thats sending him to london.

Guest guinness_fiend

On a serious note, hope we keep Nobby.  Even if we get the other two, he is a great player to have in the squad.

I know that my opinion on the matter is probably going against the grain, but I would not be particularly sad to see him go.  Nobby has been a loyal servant to us over the years, although it is widely accepted that he is long past his prime.  Given that the have quite a strong selection of midfield players, some of which could be shoe-horned into defence if things get *really* tight (i.e. Smith and Barton), as well as an ever-increasing back line, getting a player off our wage bill who is unlikely to feature much if today's reported signings go through can only be a good thing.

I thank Nobby for his service and wish him all the best at West Ham - if he indeed moves.

Guest DavB93

Starting to become abit concerned about them confirming Beye and Faye or even one of them, especially with us selling Huntington.

It's not really the fact thhats Nobby's leaving thats upsetting, I think everyone accepted he would be leaving withen the next 18 months anyway, its the fact thats he's going to another Premiership side (even worse, West ham) after being such a good servant to us. Was horrible watching him in a Villa shirt last time.

I bet the deals went through this morning and Ashley and Mort are sat in Bambu now with Hope got his finger over the "publish" key for .cock, and Ashley is like "Just hang on a minute, Kev or Skirge or someone is bound to show up soon and shit themselves" :lol:

Maybe thats it.  Nobby going to join the cockney mackems with the other Newcastle rejects does not seem right.

Rock on 12.  If we have two new signings and Oba and Owen are still here, will be a happy man.

Hunty to Leeds.  Not good enough for us but, gota feel sorry for the fella.  He must have learnt having Freddy at the helm.  Then again, Bates v Shepperd is a tough one to call in knob stakes.

Good luck.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I cannot believe that we are waiting for other transfers to go through before we announce ours. Something is not right in toonsville!

Maybeye the 2 players we were signing have faye'ld a medical!

Guest 3-1 NYD

Maybe thats it.  Nobby going to join the cockney mackems with the other Newcastle rejects does not seem right.

Rock on 12.  If we have two new signings and Oba and Owen are still here, will be a happy man.

Hunty to Leeds.  Not good enough for us but, gota feel sorry for the fella.  He must have learnt having Freddy at the helm.  Then again, Bates v Shepperd is a tough one to call in knob stakes.

Good luck.

What the man said, sad to see Solano go, if he goes, and I wish him well for the future but to go and ply his trade at the Ice Creams and the Tuma boys at West 'Am, Newham, the vilest club in England, is a shame. You could have done better Nobby.

Thanks for the memories sir!

Guest pete in bahamas

sorry to contradict but Huntington and Solano would have not been released without some confidence of incomings