NUFC Transfer Deadline Day Discussion

madras

Guest toonlass

Faye this week, and I understand we'll wait until January before going back for Edmilson.

Would I be wide of the mark in thinking you are related to Anal Oliver?  :celb:

Guest toontoon

Right Back and Centre back is essential, creative midfielder could wait until jan...

Would like to see anelka here though!

agreed, I'd love anelka here if martins leaves.

I don't want to get rid of any of our players at present.  As Owen, Shola and Viduka were not available  for most of the pre-season so there has been little opportunity to experiment and find out what works best.  Unfortunately, we are going to have work this out as the season progresses.

Don't get all the Owen bashing.  I think he is an intelligent player who is desperately short of games.  I am sure that he will suddenly explode into life at some point.  I don't perceive it to be an apparent lack of interest on the pitch as for me, he is the same for England.

With only 4 days left in the transfer window, we need to be looking at players coming in rather than leaving.  We are still short in numbers and the new injuries (despite what people think of those players) has just highlighted that.

We desperately need a right back plus another central defender.  We also need a creative midfielder.  In pre-season, we had Barton, Solano, Dyer and Zoggy playing there and on the whole, the midfield looked good.  I thought Solano linked up really well with Geremi but the latter has seemed a bit lost to me since the season started.  Again, I feel it will be a case of trial and error for the next few months until it all clicks and I am sure it will at some point.

Is Hoyte even available?

Wenger's said that he can go if he wants, on several occassions.

I'd take him, but only on loan with an option-to-buy clause. I don't rate him that highly at the moment but the potential's there and he might do well...

It's not a bad option. Hoyte on loan is a more attractive offer than Johnson for £3/4m.

Guest teepee

how about that marseille rb - meite or something, could we lure him now?

on a negative note our entire defence would speak french (at least when zoggy covers left back) :D

on a negative note our entire defence would speak french (at least when zoggy covers left back) :D

Meite plays for bolton now, Beye is who you are thinking of.

Guest BooBoo

Faye and Glenda Johnson will be paraded in Toon tops on the turf on Thursday.

In front of who?

30 unemployable wretches, 12 schoolkids, Tyne Tees Television, the Beeb and some reporter from Sky Sports.

Guest teepee

Meite plays for bolton now, Beye is who you are thinking of.

yep that's the one!

Faye and Glenda Johnson will be paraded in Toon tops on the turf on Thursday.

In front of who?

30 unemployable wretches, 12 schoolkids, Tyne Tees Television, the Beeb and some reporter from Sky Sports.

NSG will no doubt make his presence felt too.  :razz:

People who still think Martins and Owen are going to leave: :idiot2:

I actually want Owen to go, he looks so disinterested he should be made to leave. The Reading and part of the Watford games he played he was the same. And he looked more interested when he was playing against Blue Star in the reserves than he did yesterday. Get him gone, and spend the money on someone who actually wants to play for us :tickedoff:

not so sure that's the problem with the lad, desire, i'd say it comes down to his utter inability to fit into the new system....

he's being made to run areas he's not used to and it appears to me he doesn't like it and seems unable to adapt

allardyce has his teams set up for 11 men to play at 100% the whole time and do the job allocated to them, if owen doesn't fulfill either of them then he's doomed at the club

if we could get 9m for him now and a player of anelkas ability (moods notwithstanding) to replace him we'd be doing very, very well indeed

problem is no-one in the known world is gonna touch his wages, never mind the fee

don't fall for the myth. okacha and djorkaeff would regualarly drift out for weeks and sulk (very good when they turned it on),diouff aswell can go a while looking disinterested and you might want to ask bolton fans about nolan last year being disinterested.