Steven Taylor

SUPERTOON

I think all the attacks on Taylor are  a LOT not a bit over the top.

And to say he's as accident prone as Titus is frankly ridiculous.

Bramble - another Newcastle defender who SHOULD have been an England regular if he just -thought- a little more often and a little more clearer.

And hell - all my family are London born bar me and my youngest sister. Didn't make them any less hard bitten Newcastle fans though.

And Pilko - you're as bad on Photoshop as I am.... :rolleyes:

Guest optimistic nit

give him some time on the bench (if we can). sell if someone comes in for over 3million. he's a decent defensive right back actually, but he needs time out. he is 22 (or is it 21?) but he's been playing for 4 years so if he's not improved by that much then put him on the bench. i've not given up on him, but i've not rated him for 2 years now, and he's not done anything to change my mind.

can't believe so many people are latching onto this cliche [crap] about bringing in youth on the cheap, in the hope that the best youngsters will somehow choose us before the top sides, laughable in itself, but its compounded by the fact that when we find a decent defender of our own, they slate him to death.

There's nowt wrong with Taylor that moving into a better team with better players won't improve, and that may not be Newcastle the way we are going.

Those young players we have just now must be some prospects ........

can't believe so many people are latching onto this cliche [crap] about bringing in youth on the cheap, in the hope that the best youngsters will somehow choose us before the top sides, laughable in itself, but its compounded by the fact that when we find a decent defender of our own, they slate him to death.

There's nowt wrong with Taylor that moving into a better team with better players won't improve, and that may not be Newcastle the way we are going.

How come Bassong (you know, him who cost fuck all) has come in alongside Coloccini and instantly looked better than Taylor then?

Btw it's fucking laughable that you can't help yourself but implicitly bring the new/old board shite into what is a pretty basic discussion about whether one of our players (who was here before any of us had even heard of Mike Ashley) is good enough or not.

He's average at best.

Guest firetotheworks

Controversial! He is in a better team this season, and a much better defence. He's still been shit. Thats why he's slated, if he'd at any point been as good as Colo or Bassong then there would be no debate about it and you wouldnt have to be defending him.

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

(no i'm not grooming,it's just there's an alarming trend among recently pubesced males that if things aren't brilliant they are shit)

No, been a long time since I was in my teens! I just think he is shit, simple as. (Got nothing to do with the fact that my wife fancies him)

Guest Heneage

Taylor was raised up here.

Sorry ignore whether he is good or not to have a go at him claiming he plays the crowd is a joke. To play for Newcastle would give any fan a tremendous amount of pride, so the fact he savours every game is in noway him playing the crowd, hes just loving it.

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

(no i'm not grooming,it's just there's an alarming trend among recently pubesced males that if things aren't brilliant they are s***)

No, been a long time since I was in my teens! I just think he is s***, simple as. (Got nothing to do with the fact that my wife fancies him)

do you think he is  prem standard or what level do you think he'd survive comfortably.........as a player,not by way of looks.

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

(no i'm not grooming,it's just there's an alarming trend among recently pubesced males that if things aren't brilliant they are s***)

No, been a long time since I was in my teens! I just think he is s***, simple as. (Got nothing to do with the fact that my wife fancies him)

do you think he is  prem standard or what level do you think he'd survive comfortably.........as a player,not by way of looks.

Certainly don't think he is Premiership standard, unless the likes of WBA are to be considered. Cant think of many other PL teams that he would get a place in....can you? :icon_scratch:

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

Certainly don't think he is Premiership standard, unless the likes of WBA are to be considered. Cant think of many other PL teams that he would get a place in....can you? :icon_scratch:

i'd have taylor before dawson,nosworthy,collins,andy o'brien (as would your wife) just off the top of my head without thinking too hard for more than 20 secs.

i'm not a great taylor fan but think he is nowhere near as bad as some make out

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

agree with this

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

i'd have taylor before dawson,nosworthy,collins,andy o'brien (as would your wife) just off the top of my head without thinking too hard for more than 20 secs.

O'brien is physically shite and technically shite but uses his head when he plays, which gives him a distinct advantage over Taylor

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

O'brien is physically s**** and technically s**** but uses his head when he plays, which gives him a distinct advantage over Taylor

when i get time i'm gonna create the myth team....keepers have to be tall...wingers must be quick and cross loads.....you must have at least one big centre forward etc

o'briens nowhere near as good as taylor

Guest toonlass

Sorry ignore whether he is good or not to have a go at him claiming he plays the crowd is a joke. To play for Newcastle would give any fan a tremendous amount of pride, so the fact he savours every game is in noway him playing the crowd, hes just loving it.

I'm sure out of 52,000 fans we could find someone on any match day who would do a better job in centre defence than Taylor. As for loyalty, my Grandad is the loyalest Newcastle Fan I know. He is 86, his brother is 84, the club moved their seats to level 7 and he decided he would still go, and got all the way to the top of the stand before realising that once he got there he couldn't see a bloody thing on the pitch, kept his season ticket for the whole year as he has supported the club since he was a lad and didn't want to let them down. Wouldn't make me put him in the team before Bassong though.

I think he is s***

are you in your teens ?

O'brien is physically s**** and technically s**** but uses his head when he plays, which gives him a distinct advantage over Taylor

when i get time i'm gonna create the myth team....keepers have to be tall...wingers must be quick and cross loads.....you must have at least one big centre forward etc

o'briens nowhere near as good as taylor

as good? madness

How come Bassong (you know, him who cost fuck all) has come in alongside Coloccini and instantly looked better than Taylor then?

Btw it's fucking laughable that you can't help yourself but implicitly bring the new/old board shite into what is a pretty basic discussion about whether one of our players (who was here before any of us had even heard of Mike Ashley) is good enough or not.

He's average at best.

I don't see a problem with having 3 good central defenders at the club. Thats what we have, and I must admit I don't think Colocinni is as good as I thought he was but having said that neither is Taylor the complete package either. What he IS, is still young, who would benefit massively from playing in a better side more often. Same as Zoggy really.

My comment about the youth policy is justified. People are spouting this cliche about it being the way to go etc. but its bollocks. There is absolutely no guarantee they wouldn't go this way, get relegated, and find the bright new kids are no better than the ones we have always produced ie only one or two make the grade even as decent premiership players, or even turn out to be as shit as a player who has captained the England under 21 team.

So you don't think stupidly risking a red card to foul Reina was playing up to the crowd? It was pure idiocy from where I was sitting.