Enrique expectations

Dave

Patience is the key to him and fans.

Well said. I think Sam has got a handle on the fans and that we're occasionally a little...enthusiastic. Giving the lad time to adapt and blend in is just what's required. If we can get this one to work, it might just restore my faith in Spanish players.

Guest jimmy1982

Well he must be able to tackle, otherwise he wouldn't be playing as a defender in the topleague in Spain (we never really found out if Marcelino could tackle or not - he definitely didn't WANT to...).

So apart from that, in terms of football ability I just hope he's not slow, knows where he's supposed to be when the other team has got the ball, can win headers, and can find Zogs up the line more often than not. That'll do me for now, he can refine his game as he goes on.

Can't imagine BS would have signed him without making sure he's got the right mentality to suceed so hopefully he won't be another Luque or Marcelino!

I'm looking forward to watching him and hope he can build a good understanding down the left with Zoggy.

Zoggy's spell at left back should have given him an appreciation of that position, and that he must work harder than in the past on the defensive side of his game even if he is an attack minded midfielder.

If it works out as planned they should be an exciting pairing.

We should not build our players up so much, as we have always had that tendancy to do so, and they usually are below our expectations!

We should just have an open mind about enrique, and give him time to settle!

Just looking forward to see what this Bull nickname is all about!

We should not build our players up so much, as we have always had that tendancy to do so, and they usually are below our expectations!

We should just have an open mind about enrique, and give him time to settle!

Just looking forward to see what this Bull nickname is all about!

Just wait and see him headbutt a player come next game and get sent off and you'll know what they ment.

Guest Knightrider

Very promising, looks a player. Not up to speed yet and lacks sharpness. Impressed with what I saw though. Early doors though.

For the people who watched it, Did Zoggy and Enrique link up well? With Zoggy coming back into form i hope he is given a good run in the team as LW.

yer they seemed to play quite well which was good he give zog some decent passes and link up play.

Guest Reservoir Mags

We could have signed Bridge for £6m.

Except for the small matter of him not being for sale of course.

I hope this lad gets another few low key games and introduced to the premiership slowly.  Let him settle in properly.  We cannot afford to pay £6m then build him up to fail.

That said, if he is ready get him in there.  To have Zoggy on the left in a 4-4-2 is required IMO if we are going to nail a few teams, especially at home.

Beginning to wonder just when he will start in the Prem because the easier games are running out and we have a tough run coming up.

Sam has obviously taken note of what happened to Luque and isn't taking any chances, but as the original post suggested I think that could be a double edged sword.

Our next 5 games:

Derby (a), West Ham (h), Man City (a), Everton (h), Tottenham (h).

Wouldn't it be better that he goes into the tougher games with experience and match-practice under his belt? I honestly think N'Zogbia will be found out at LB against stronger opposition, Boro and Villa exposed him on a few occasions.