A pair of very silly rumours

KaKa

Almost certainly bollocks obviously.

Can you imagine the tactics if we did get him?

'Right lads, I want you to just get the ball withing thirty yards of their goal and the fling yourselves on the ground at the first opportunity.'

Yeah it's bollocks.

Have faith man!

This seems like the most realistic of all the 'flair' midfielders we have been linked with. Deco might have just been a bit out of reach and well Ronaldinho ... that was just silly (and depressing :razz:).

Juninho is much more realistic though and seems very similar to the Okocha and Djorkaeff moves Sam made at Bolton. He is just old enough to fit right in O0

Yeah it's bollocks.

Have faith man!

This seems like the most realistic of all the 'flair' midfielders we have been linked with. Deco might have just been a bit out of reach and well Ronaldinho ... that was just silly (and depressing :razz:).

Juninho is much more realistic though and seems very similar to the Okocha and Djorkaeff moves Sam made at Bolton. He is just old enough to fit right in O0

Yeah it's bollocks.

Yeah it's bollocks.

Have faith man!

Faith in the British football press?

Do you mind if I don't?

Plus it's in the section marked "long shots" which, for a British newspaper, translates as "you've got more chance of signing Father Christmas" and it actually says "not for sale" anyway! :lol:

When is Motta arriving? You didn't answer yesterday.

Tomorrow, at Man City. Newcastle have stepped aside to let Man City sign him.

We have moved on to Juninho now. Keep up man!

:celb:

Riquelme moves on

Juan Román Riquelme, the Villarreal and Argentina mifdield player who had been offered to Newcastle United, West Ham United and Middlesbrough, has agreed a two-year deal with Atlético Madrid. The 29-year-old playmaker fell out with Manuel Pellegrini, the Villarreal coach, last season and was loaned out to Boca Juniors, his former club. Riquelme’s deal with Villarreal ran to June 2009 and he had been training on his own since the start of the new season.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article2351340.ece

:kasper:

Well ... I'm speechless. More evidence we're signing Juninho I guess!  ;D

On the old Punt and Dennis sketch show, they used to have two characters called "The Gullibles" who were "always falling for scams."

Pity it's not still on, you could have been the third member.

Almost certainly bollocks obviously.

Can you imagine the tactics if we did get him?

'Right lads, I want you to just get the ball withing thirty yards of their goal and the fling yourselves on the ground at the first opportunity.'

Feyenoord, my club in Holland, won the Uefa Cup with those exact tactics a couple of years back, with Van Hooijdonk banging the freekicks in. It's a very effective strategy against stronger opposition.. ;)

Guest LucaAltieri
Riquelme moves on

Juan Román Riquelme, the Villarreal and Argentina mifdield player who had been offered to Newcastle United, West Ham United and Middlesbrough, has agreed a two-year deal with Atlético Madrid. The 29-year-old playmaker fell out with Manuel Pellegrini, the Villarreal coach, last season and was loaned out to Boca Juniors, his former club. Riquelme’s deal with Villarreal ran to June 2009 and he had been training on his own since the start of the new season.

Would love to know how/why they selected those teams over others... was it the club or the player? Why boro? I can understand us and West Ham who are throwing cash around... but boro?