David Dein sells the rest of his shares in Arsenal

Gash

Well, i think Russian billionaires havent really got a connection with the club and know what they are about, and in all fairness, he has said (yeh i believe you) that he isnt interested in taking over, but i quite like Arsene being a tight arse, dont want him be spending left right and centre!

Well wenger wouldnt, would be a different manager!

This Russian billionaire is only worth about $2.5 billion.  Which in the world of billionaire owners isn't all that.  Ashley has more for one thing.  They have also stated as thing stands they don't plan on a take over as things stand.  I assume they're waiting for the opportune moment.

It sounds like a) this Russian guy has quite a bit more money than Ashley and, b) Dein has zero intention of going to another club:

Announcing the deal, Mr Dein said: "I have always had the best interests of Arsenal at heart - I've had a love affair with the club since I was six."

"I firmly believe that the involvement of Red & White with a significant stake and the long-term commitment of Arsene Wenger are absolutely the best outcome for the club, fans and shareholders alike. I am delighted to have found, in Farhad Moshiri and Alisher Usmanov, individuals who share my vision for Arsenal and of where it needs to go to be the world's leading football club."

Mr Usmanov, who has business interests stretching from newspapers to mining concerns, is one of the wealthiest men in Russia with a fortune estimated to be worth more than £3.7 billion. He was ranked 278th in Forbes magazine's list of the world's richest people in 2006.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article2357110.ece

Announcing the deal, Mr Dein said: "I have always had the best interests of Arsenal at heart - I've had a love affair with the club since I was six."

"I firmly believe that the involvement of Red & White with a significant stake and the long-term commitment of Arsene Wenger are absolutely the best outcome for the club, fans and shareholders alike. I am delighted to have found, in Farhad Moshiri and Alisher Usmanov, individuals who share my vision for Arsenal and of where it needs to go to be the world's leading football club."

Mr Usmanov, who has business interests stretching from newspapers to mining concerns, is one of the wealthiest men in Russia with a fortune estimated to be worth more than £3.7 billion. He was ranked 278th in Forbes magazine's list of the world's richest people in 2006.

:D Just wanted to bold that, and Arsenal do not need the money, do not want the money, do not need outside investment!!!

We're frigging rich!

Our gate receipts are astonishing and we are making much more money than we have to pay out for our stadium debts

add that to the money we will be getting for the Highbury apartments we will be receiving money for in the next year?

and we don't need any money!

We have the money to buy almost any player, seriously, and the papers (and the other c***s who say otherwise) are pissing me off !

Figures are out in September to prove this  :clap2: :frantic: ;D :cheesy:

I rechon Wenger will be off in 12 months or so - he's been at the top for a long time and I'm sure he fancies a break

Director of football tbh.