Faye and Beye BOTH signed - NUFC.co.uk

ToonTastic

Fantastic signings, fantastic window.

Completely new back line that is potentially the best we have ever had!

Great situation for us to no longer have Carr and Baba starters, will be just the kick up the ass they need aswell.

Beye    Cacapa    Rozehnal    Enrique

Happy days!

Mate, nine new signings... unbelievable.

Gutted about Solano, mind. Think we are light on the right wing/ right side of midfield. Haven't replaced Dyer or Solano... but still ecstatic about us actually having a defence. Is our team now the hardest in the league or what?!

As I said on another thread, the signings of these 2 guys complete the best defensive line-up the club has had for many years - certainly the best since the Fairs Cup side, and even better than them in footballing skills, although Davie Craig was a very skillful full back.

I was too young to see the 50s side play live, so cannot really compare but I believe we now have the best collection of class defenders since those days.

We all should agree that whatever the shortcomings of the side(and there aren't many now), Sam, Chris Mort and Mike Ashley have done a great job in their own fields - Sam has used his undoubted knowledge of the modern game to get us some cracking players at a ridiculously-low total outlay, Mort has backed him

- QUIETLY - and Ashley has put foundations in that we all wanted by getting rid of the previous regime and paying off a large slice of the Club's debt....

Fantastic job, guys - Very Well Done !!

Guest zerocipher

Just think what will happen in January. I get the feeling it will be 2-3 trophy signings as long as we are top 6...maybe some riquelme?

Anyone worried that after solano is gone, we don't have someone who can even deliver crosses to amrtins or Viduka? Nzogbia and milner is good but not great yet, solano assisted martins in the barnsley match isn't it?

I'm delighted that we have finally addressed our defence properly, dissappointed in nobby going though as he was a very creative player and would have been excellent to have on the bench to bring on if we were struggling to break a team down.

But all in all, its a day to celebrate as finally Carr is not our first choice right back!

Anyone worried that after solano is gone, we don't have someone who can even deliver crosses to amrtins or Viduka? Nzogbia and milner is good but not great yet, solano assisted martins in the barnsley match isn't it?

There has been many good crosses from Milner to Martins, I remember two which lead to goal. The one against Bolton and a Martins header from last season, just can't remember the team we played.

Best summer bar none.  Very good work by Sam, Mike and Chris :)  What they have achieved is very impressive IMO as both Mike and Chris have never been in football before.

We must now give big Sam TIME to work with the players and not expect us to go and win the league today!!

A repeat of booing at the Villa game cannot happen again.

Bring back the good times - and a rocking SJP.

Best summer bar none.  Very good work by Sam, Mike and Chris :)  What they have achieved is very impressive IMO as both Mike and Chris have never been in football before.

We must now give big Sam TIME to work with the players and not expect us to go and win the league today!!

A repeat of booing at the Villa game cannot happen again.

Bring back the good times - and a rocking SJP.

I don't know about the first comment

The Les, Ginola, Barton, Shaka summer was pretty special too.

Certainly the best post Keegan though

Guest Brewcastle

Great last two signings. But the result after window closing could have been better - if Nobby had stayed. But I'm optimistic about this season. Long time since a squad like now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

That Beye is signing is immense. Can't believe we've actually got a decent defence. Why the f*** didn't our other managers just do this?

Take your pick:

1) Didint have knowlege of european market

2) Didnt have the 'pull' factor to impress the player

3) Would have had to watch him 6 times before making a decision

4) No English therefore no good

Like i have said in another thread look at our defence now

.........................................................................Given (ROI Skipper)....................................................................................

Beye (Marseille skipper).....................Cacapa (Lyon skipper).....Roz (PSG player of season)................................Enrique (one of theBest LB in spain)

Thats a lot of leadership! plus Taylor, Faye

That Beye is signing is immense. Can't believe we've actually got a decent defence. Why the f*** didn't our other managers just do this?

Take your pick:

1) Didint have knowlege of european market

2) Didnt have the 'pull' factor to impress the player

3) Would have had to watch him 6 times before making a decision

4) No English therefore no good

Like i have said in another thread look at our defence now

.........................................................................Given (ROI Skipper)....................................................................................

Beye (Marseille skipper).....................Cacapa (Lyon skipper).....Roz (PSG player of season)................................Enrique (one of theBest LB in spain)

Thats a lot of leadership! plus Taylor, Faye

Givens only vice captain for Ireland :razz:

Robbie f****** Keane is captain for Ireland! :rant:

Delighted with the 2 signings,pity nobbys gone though! :weep:

I keep thinking im gonna wake up and its all a dream.

GR will still be in charge.

FFS will still be fat.

And we'll have a comedy defense again.

Guest RealGeordie

Two excellent players for our defence, and who thought at the beginning of the week that we could add two players to our squad until the deadline?

And I don't think they would have joined us yesterday if Roeder would be still manager here (Okay, I don't think that Roeder ever had the idea to contact players like Allardyce signed, Roeder would prefer crap like Bramble.....). Big Sam's the man!  :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Very impressive transfer window. Got everything we needed and, with what seems very high quality players too. The only downside is Nobby leaving, but this wasnt down to footballing reasons and Sam said himself that he didnt want to lose him.

Very happy with the players who came in, this season will be getting settled in and used of big sam, next season will be a top 5 finish hopefully  :razz:

Dont see why we need Faye though, i understand Beye but not Faye

Im very happy with the transfer window, Its amazing what has happend over the past few months. Last season i was worried about premiership survival but this season im hoping for top 6 finish. When SA took over i was looking forward to the transfer window because of his success at Bolton but i never thought he would of sorted out the defence in 1 window.

Im hoping we will be a lot better at defending set pieces now.