Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw Thread - Arsenal (Away)

Guest Geordiesned

depends how busy arsenal main team are in preparing for a champions league match. 

The match is sandwiched between 2 Champions League matches so it should be a weakened Arsenal team. They're at home to Sevilla or AEK on Sept 19th and away to Steaua Bucharest on Oct 2nd. We'll probably play them on Sept 26th.

I expect this to have little or NO effect, either way i think the reserves would be out

Have Arsenal been beaten at their new stadium yet?

Not in the Carling Cup

We only played once at home though, and this was against tottenham

That whole 'reserves' thing is a bit of a myth. It was the equivalent of us playing Cerny, Mido, Murphy and Stalteri throughout most of the tournament. Toure, Senderos, Gilberto, Rosicky, Fabregas, Hleb and Adebayor all played against us last year - I think the only changes from their match prior to ours (against Man Utd) were pretty much the goalkeeper and fullbacks. Denilson, Traore and Walcott were blooded through, but the rest were squad players who still had vast experience: Baptista, Aliadiere, Almunia, Flamini etc. No excuse though, we still should have beat them  :weep:

Allardyce has outdone Wenger a few times though. Tough to call, but you've still got a good chance  :thup:

Theres a difference between them playing and making apperances  :rolleyes:

i think this will be a very tight game and i think you lot will just nick it

I would have licked to have goten Blackpool or Morecombe tbh to play more of the youths, ie Fran Merida, Rhys Murphy, Henri Landsbury (the later being our up and coming english lads)

Emre and Barton will be back?

Sam's Bolton did pretty good with Arsenal.

2003-4

--------------------

Bolton 1 - 1 Arsenal

Arsenal 2 - 1 Bolton

2004-5

----------------------

Bolton 1 - 0 Arsenal

Arsenal 2 - 2 Bolton

FA Cup

Bolton 0 - 1 Arsenal 

2005-6

------------------

Bolton 2 - 0 Arsenal

Arsenal 1 - 1 Bolton

FA Cup

Bolton 1 - 0 Arsenal

2006-7

----------------

Bolton 3 - 1 Arsenal

Arsenal 2 - 1 Bolton

FA Cup

Arsenal 1 - 1 Bolton 

Bolton 1 - 3 Arsenal

Whats everyone worried about ? If no one is injured and Enrique, Beye and Faye are as good as everyone thinks, we will be fine. I really don`t see Arsenal as a Top team anymore.  If it was Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool home or away I would be gutted. If it was Everton or Man City I away I would be concerned. 

The Emirates isn`t like going to Highbury and with no Henry we will be fine.

Guest killers_perm

just looked at the fixtures - we're at home v West Ham at 1.30 0n the SUnday and then down at the Arse for 7.45 on the Tuesday  :kasper:  - not much time for a rest, cant see why we couldn't play our cup match on the Wedsneday  :tickedoff:

Arsenal have significantly reduced our prices for the tickets for this match

All upper-teir tickets will be £20 for Adults and £10 for Concessions

All lower-tier tickets will be JUST £10 for Adults and £5 for Concessions

Bargain!

Guest efullerton

Whats everyone worried about ? If no one is injured and Enrique, Beye and Faye are as good as everyone thinks, we will be fine. I really don`t see Arsenal as a Top team anymore.  If it was Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool home or away I would be gutted. If it was Everton or Man City I away I would be concerned. 

The Emirates isn`t like going to Highbury and with no Henry we will be fine.

I'm still concerned, as I think we all shoud be. Allardyce has put a large focus on the league cup this year as our best chance for Europe, it would be bad for morale to be dropped out this early. I don't know by what definition Aresenal is no longer a top club. They certainly are one of the big 4, recent history bears that out. Henry's loss, as great as he is/was, does not suddenly make them just another one of the high-mid table teams. The good thing, as already stated, is the fact that they will likely field a relatively weak side. I still have my fingers crossed though.

just looked at the fixtures - we're at home v West Ham at 1.30 0n the SUnday and then down at the Arse for 7.45 on the Tuesday  :kasper:  - not much time for a rest, cant see why we couldn't play our cup match on the Wedsneday  :tickedoff:

Because Spurs are also at home and they play at 3 on the Sunday. What would have made more sense would be to move us to the Saturday, but that's never going to happen. I've never understood why non-televised fixtures are moved at all though, other than "days between games" issues, perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

just looked at the fixtures - we're at home v West Ham at 1.30 0n the SUnday and then down at the Arse for 7.45 on the Tuesday  :kasper:   - not much time for a rest, cant see why we couldn't play our cup match on the Wedsneday  :tickedoff:

Because Spurs are also at home and they play at 3 on the Sunday. What would have made more sense would be to move us to the Saturday, but that's never going to happen. I've never understood why non-televised fixtures are moved at all though, other than "days between games" issues, perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

They are usually moved because of Europeon ties on Thursday but also another reason is policing reasons. For example the police don't like Spurs and Arsenal playng at home at the same, the situation is the same with Man Utd and Man City.

Guest ToonGeneral

.com aren't saying anything about it being televised.

If you look on the right on the web page, it say:

Live TV games:

Setanta:

Mon 17.09.07 Derby County (a) @ 8pm

Mon 22.10.07 Tottenham (h) @ 8pm

Sky:

Sun 23.09.07 West Ham (h) @ 1.30pm

Tue 25.09.07 Arsenal (a) @ 7.45pm

Sat 29.09.07 Man City (a) @ 12.45pm

Sat 10.11.07 mackems (a) @ 12.45pm

Sat 24.11.07 Liverpool (h) @ 12.45pm

Do they know something or are the just guessing..

.com aren't saying anything about it being televised.

If you look on the right on the web page, it say:

Live TV games:

Setanta:

Mon 17.09.07 Derby County (a) @ 8pm

Mon 22.10.07 Tottenham (h) @ 8pm

Sky:

Sun 23.09.07 West Ham (h) @ 1.30pm

Tue 25.09.07 Arsenal (a) @ 7.45pm

Sat 29.09.07 Man City (a) @ 12.45pm

Sat 10.11.07 mackems (a) @ 12.45pm

Sat 24.11.07 Liverpool (h) @ 12.45pm

Do they know something or are the just guessing..

I think they must have made a mistake, Skysports website says the Reading and Hull matches will be shown in their listings.