Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw Thread - Arsenal (Away)

Guest Geordiesned

Guest interceptor

Looks like we're gonna have to work hard to reach the final, then.

I would have preferred meeting the big guns a bit later in the draw to allow the team a bit more time to gel together but we've got what we've got.

So bring it on....

Every NUFC fan thinking "Bollocks, Arsenal" when the draw was made, unaware that back in London, Wenger probably thought "Merde, Allardyce".

Certainly will have reservations about playing us and perhaps even a small amount of fear.

Guest Triglett

That whole 'reserves' thing is a bit of a myth. It was the equivalent of us playing Cerny, Mido, Murphy and Stalteri throughout most of the tournament. Toure, Senderos, Gilberto, Rosicky, Fabregas, Hleb and Adebayor all played against us last year - I think the only changes from their match prior to ours (against Man Utd) were pretty much the goalkeeper and fullbacks. Denilson, Traore and Walcott were blooded through, but the rest were squad players who still had vast experience: Baptista, Aliadiere, Almunia, Flamini etc. No excuse though, we still should have beat them  :weep:

Allardyce has outdone Wenger a few times though. Tough to call, but you've still got a good chance  :thup:

Bring them fuckers on. A chance to knock out one of the teams who's record in the comp is pretty good, and it'll be a major confidence booster if we do. If we don't, not a biggie because everyone expects us to get knocked out. Silver lining if we lose is that Allardyce will get more time in training to drill in whatever he wants (4-3-3). We can do them, even at the Emirates.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33707

these arsenal fans seem to actuallly be quite pessimistic about us! look at these quotes:

"Not the best draw. Really tough one actually against Allardyce."

"I really think Wenger will give the Carling Cup a pass this year."

"Very tough draw though, we could have done with an easy game and given the youngsters a chance. "

"Don't really care to be honest.

Play the young guns and get Bendtner up front for ALL games.

This cup was the reason for our demise last season...

Too much going on at the club at once; Title, CC, FA, CL "

some of them are obviously thinking they wil beat us 5nil but we will show those fuckers!!

Guest newcastle4life

>:( Was hoping for better hoprfully they play the young players like normally and we can get the better of them with a good team.

[

That whole 'reserves' thing is a bit of a myth. It was the equivalent of us playing Cerny, Mido, Murphy and Stalteri throughout most of the tournament. Toure, Senderos, Gilberto, Rosicky, Fabregas, Hleb and Adebayor all played against us last year - I think the only changes from their match prior to ours (against Man Utd) were pretty much the goalkeeper and fullbacks. Denilson, Traore and Walcott were blooded through, but the rest were squad players who still had vast experience: Baptista, Aliadiere, Almunia, Flamini etc. No excuse though, we still should have beat them  :weep:

Allardyce has outdone Wenger a few times though. Tough to call, but you've still got a good chance  :thup:

Bringing in Hoyte, Traore, Denilson, Diaby, Senderos, Aliadiere and Walcott does weaken them though and Rosicky, Fabregas and Hleb were on the bench. Mostly decent players but not their best at the moment.

I do think a few of their more senior players will line up against us though, Gilberto and Toure perhaps to give their team some spine, and unlike Spurs/Arsenal this isn't two legs and the game will be decided at the Emirates (no replay or second leg).

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33707

these arsenal fans seem to actuallly be quite pessimistic about us! look at these quotes:

"Not the best draw. Really tough one actually against Allardyce."

"I really think Wenger will give the Carling Cup a pass this year."

"Very tough draw though, we could have done with an easy game and given the youngsters a chance. "

"Don't really care to be honest.

Play the young guns and get Bendtner up front for ALL games.

This cup was the reason for our demise last season...

Too much going on at the club at once; Title, CC, FA, CL "

some of them are obviously thinking they wil beat us 5nil but we will show those fuckers!!

YOu see how we rate them much higher than their own.

Actually that's a point I'd forgotten. Wenger did say that he felt the Carling Cup had been too big a distraction last season after they made it all the way to the final but stuttered in the league and Champions League, a strong indication that he'll take it less seriously this season.

Guest Ridzuan

Great news! We can finally show that we are able to compete with the so call 'big four'.I believe that there is no reason why we couldnt go there and get a win.

Great news! We can finally show that we are able to compete with the so call 'big four'.I believe that there is no reason why we couldnt go there and get a win.

Competing with a big 4's reserve team and youngsters.  :rolleyes:

Guest Ridzuan

Well you never know,maybe Wenger will have a change of heart and field his first team which I hope he does.

Guest mobiius

Well you never know,maybe Wenger will have a change of heart and field his first team which I hope he does.

arse-in will not be as happy with the draw this year as he would of been last year. he can send his 1st, 2nd or youth team for all we care bigger fool him if its anything less than best.

Personally, I hope he fields a shit team that we beat.

Guest Knightrider

A surprisingly good draw because Arsenal will play their kids and as talented as they are, they won't like playing against a Big Sam team any more than their senior counterparts did and if anything even less due to the lesser experience and quality. Furthermore I get the impression Wenger will prioritise the Premiership this campaign. Of course, it all depends what team WE put out too. Play understrength and we could come a cropper. Play a strong side and I fancy our chances though. Anyway if we are to go places in such competitions you're going to face a good team at some stage.