Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw Thread - Arsenal (Away)

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

depends how busy arsenal main team are in preparing for a champions league match. 

The match is sandwiched between 2 Champions League matches so it should be a weakened Arsenal team. They're at home to Sevilla or AEK on Sept 19th and away to Steaua Bucharest on Oct 2nd. We'll probably play them on Sept 26th.

Looking on the bright side, Arsenal will play their kids while we will put out the strongest team we can field, and Allardyce knows how to stifle Arsenal. We'll kick them all over the park and pump long balls to Viduka, hopefully their young 'uns won't like it and Wenger will have a good whinge afterwards while we hypocritically say the football wasn't that ugly. If this was at home I'd fancy us to turn over their kids but away it's going to be tough.

We have to see it as a chance to knock out one of the big boys and stake our claim. Obviously I'd much rather get an easy home draw but the cup is rarely kind to us. I'm surprised we didn't get Chelsea again in all honesty.

tbh the reserves are growing up and the difference between the kids and the reserves is becoming quite big in age gap

i would expect though, to see a team like

Almunia

Hoyte - Nordveit - Song - Traore

Walcott - Diarra - Denilson - Gibbs

- Murphy - Bendtner

Sam has tactis that have wound up your experinced players, it will be torture what we do these chaps with our players.

The good thingh about last seasons run was, the reserves/kids whatever showed no fear, which i think we will need to try and be like again this season, but tbh, i see us getting knocked out

That is tasty 3 in midfield Walcott - Diarra - Denilson

We are winning that tie for sure if Arsenal is playing Steaua Bucharest on Oct 2nd. They wont field their full strength on 26th and i can see us beating them easily. Even if they field their first team, Van persie will get shiet all pissed by Cacapa.

Guest shearer_206

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't BSA got a good record against Arsenal. I put £20 on us to win this competition so I refuse to feel down about that draw.

And anyway, they will probably have there second team out. Not that it will be easier, but you would think that, by September out players would have all adapted to the 4-3-3 etc. and we should be strong enough to cause them problems.

Not really, the only team Boro faced on their way to winning the Carling Cup was Arsenal reserves over two legs.

Thing is the bigger teams are taking the Carling Cup more seriously nowadays, ever since Mourinho came in it's been getting more competitive every year and considering Liverpool won nothing last year you have to think they'll be going for it as well.

We'll kick them all over the park and pump long balls to Viduka, hopefully their young 'uns won't like it and Wenger will have a good whinge afterwards while we hypocritically say the football wasn't that ugly.

O0

I don't give a shit as long as we win :lol:

tbh the reserves are growing up and the difference between the kids and the reserves is becoming quite big in age gap

i would expect though, to see a team like

Almunia

Hoyte - Nordveit - Song - Traore

Walcott - Diarra - Denilson - Gibbs

- Murphy - Bendtner

Sam has tactis that have wound up your experinced players, it will be torture what we do these chaps with our players.

The good thingh about last seasons run was, the reserves/kids whatever showed no fear, which i think we will need to try and be like again this season, but tbh, i see us getting knocked out

That is tasty 3 in midfield Walcott - Diarra - Denilson

Aye, but isn't Gibbs out on loan?

We'll kick them all over the park and pump long balls to Viduka, hopefully their young 'uns won't like it and Wenger will have a good whinge afterwards while we hypocritically say the football wasn't that ugly.

O0

Perfect scenario