Could Troisi be the answer?

Guest Knightrider

Matty Pattison must be amazing in training if he's keeping Troisi out of the squad. At least Troisi's looked good when he's been on the field.

I'd guess that Pattison is ahead of Troisi because he's got more experience and Allardyce is protecting Troisi for now because we've got so many new players who are still learning to play together.

i am pretty sure its because Pattison is a more physical then Troisi.

And that's what I fear, It seems Sam prefer his players to be grafters especially in midfield...

Seein the 5 players we have playing in the middle, they all are physical, strong players with very little creativity (aside from Emre), so it wasn't really a suprise to see Pattison on the bench rather then the quick, lightweight Troisi.

Been on youtube, and the austrailians seem to think he's the next big thing.

Don't know where you get that from, most australians with the exception of toon supporters wouldn't know who the fuck he is.

He's only a bairn and has all the attributes to be a great footballer, so let's hope the club get it right with him.

For those saying he's to slight to play in the premier league besides all the exceptions to your arguement like swp, joe cole, benayoun and a host of other light weights, the club has him down as being 5'11" and 80kg - any heavier and he'd be fatter than Carr and Patterson.

• 4 months later...

MOST players carve out a reputation for themselves at club level before winning their first cap for their country.

But Adelaide-born teenager James Troisi is hoping he can play for his national team before he makes his debut for his Premier League club Newcastle United.

The 19-year-old, who joined the under-achieving English giants a year ago, has yet to play for the Magpies first team even though he has come heart-breakingly close.

Troisi sat on the bench for Kevin Keegan's first game back in charge, the goalless draw with Bolton, and was in the squad for the FA Cup defeat to Arsenal.

He is, however, one of 39 men named in Pim Verbeek's first-ever Socceroos party, and yesterday he stepped out on to the turf of Telstra Dome with his new teammates tired from a long flight  he arrived on Monday night  but anxious to make his case for selection.

"I am very happy and privileged to be here, so I am just going to try and give my best, try to impress,'' he said.

"I just want to keep working hard with my club  it's a big club and obviously it's going through a bit of turmoil at the moment  but hopefully I can start getting a bit of a game and be involved.''

Troisi said it was "great'' to be part of the excitement on Tyne side following Keegan's shock appointment as Magpies manager for the second time.

"Obviously Kevin, the fans love him, and hopefully he can turn things around.

"It's still early [for me] at the moment. When I get back I think he will have a good chat with me and just take it from there and see what happens.

"He's done it once, and there's no reason why he can't do it again. We have got some good quality players, and there's no reason why we can't do it. I was on the bench for the Bolton game [and] I want to play some first team football, but it's not my decision.

"I have to keep working hard and hope someone gives me an opportunity. I was in the squad against Arsenal. I didn't get on the bench but I am getting closer and closer.''

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/troisis-jetlagged-tired-and-rearing-to-go/2008/01/29/1201369133663.html

We could start our youth setup by giving the youngsters who are here a bit of a run (since all the games mean sfa anyway for the rest of the year) and see what they've got.

• 1 month later...

Have Viduka stopped playing internationals or did he just choose to stay in Newcastle for this one or was he not included in the squad?

Wasn't picked in the squad due to his long injury layoff - when the squad was announced he was still out.

Have Viduka stopped playing internationals or did he just choose to stay in Newcastle for this one or was he not included in the squad?

Wasn't picked in the squad due to his long injury layoff - when the squad was announced he was still out.

wont be picked for the china game, doubt hed be able to live in altitude

He was probably best on park in an awful fixture in Singapore today for Australia.

He really should be in the team ahead of the likes of Butt, Smith and Duff. He is very fit, lasting the entire game in conditions that finished off most of the other players after 30 minutes. He ran with the ball well despite the disgraceful pitch, had pretty tight passing and didn't give away anything defensively. Really a solid performance.

I'd definately have him on the bench for us.

• 1 month later...
Guest sahara

He's been released by the club apparently, shame as he had a lot of talent (I know reserves is way different to premiership football but he has been outstanding).

He's been released by the club apparently, shame as he had a lot of talent (I know reserves is way different to premiership football but he has been outstanding).

He was too lazy.

I`ve seen him play about 10-15 times in the reserves only admittedly but he`s one well in the games I`ve seen him play. I reckon he`ll come good at another club and he`ll be one of those `ones that got away` players. He`s still only 19 so I`m a bit surprised he hasnt been offered at least a 2 year extension with a loan spell in a championship club next season

No he hasn't. Carroll getting sent back from Preston NE & playing for the reserves is what made turned a very poor season into poor season for the reserves.

I am not taking into account performances in the Northumberland Cup.