Penalty Taker?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Personally, I'd give them to Shola if he was on the pitch. He always seems to smash them beautifully into the corner.

Owen missed quite a few for Liverpool. What's Viduka's penalty record like? Martins seems good at them apart from that one he blasted over last season. I agree with you about Shola. The whole crowd crap themselves when he comes up to take a penalty but 99.9% of the time he scores. The last time I mentioned this someone said he's missed one before.

Guest Guinness

Milner takes a decent penalty. Owen is usually reliable, but he did miss a few for Liverpool. I'm not sure what Viduka's record is like, but I can recall him missing a few too.

Guest Ridzuan

It should be Martins though I would be happy with Owen or Viduka taking it too.Definitely not Ameobi.

Why not Shola? If he is on the pitch, he is our best penalty taker IMO.

Because I dont think he deserve to take it.

It should be Martins though I would be happy with Owen or Viduka taking it too.Definitely not Ameobi.

Why not Shola? If he is on the pitch, he is our best penalty taker IMO.

Why not Milner? He will be on the pitch more than Shola and he seems to be a very good penalty taker.

Owen should take them as our premier goalscorer.

I've said this before but we've been spoilt over the years by Shearer's amazing consistency from the spot. Everyone has to accept the fact that whoever takes them now will miss some. That's why I think it's daft some are discounting certain players because they missed a couple in the past.

IIRC Owen stopped (voluntarily) taking penalties for Liverpool after he missed a couple in a row. Since then I don't think he's been the designated penalty taker for the teams he's played for. Milner's a good shout, so is Shola though obviously Shola's going to be on the bench more often than not. Geremi seems the calm composed type who could slot home a penalty in the dying minutes so he'd actually be my pick.

Owen should take them as our premier goalscorer.

I've said this before but we've been spoilt over the years by Shearer's amazing consistency from the spot. Everyone has to accept the fact that whoever takes them now will miss some. That's why I think it's daft some are discounting certain players because they missed a couple in the past.

Didn't Owen give them up though? If he hasn't got the confidence I would rather have someone who did.

As much as I'm a fan of Martins I wouldn't feel comfortable with him taking them. I wasn't impressed to see him taking pens with either foot in an effort to show off, he made a fool of himself when he put it into row Z against Everton. I don't think his other pens were great either and I was really glad when Solano took the one against Liverpool.

I think we should give them to Cacapa. I like the idea of him standing over the ball staring out the keeper with that beard.