Emre

NSG

injured again... its getting harder and harder to defend the guy ffs

Never understood why we blame players when they get injured. Disappointed aye but why is it the players fault? Marcelino and his injured finger being an exception off course.

Owen is a classic case, many had written him off after his series of injuries but now that he's back banging in the goals, he's being bummed left, right and centre.

fuck off emre, i've lost all confidence in you now.  you can't not be fit on sunday then play back to back games for your country and then claim injury immediately afterwards. that's a fucking joke

Was disappointed to hear the news about him getting injured again and I am more disappointed that since he has gotten fit,he have participated in Turkeys two or three matches and not ever with us.I think its better if we sell him in January because he is injury prone nowadays.

Never understood why we blame players when they get injured. Disappointed aye but why is it the players fault? Marcelino and his injured finger being an exception off course.

Owen is a classic case, many had written him off after his series of injuries but now that he's back banging in the goals, he's being bummed left, right and centre.

In Emre's case because he has run off to play an important competitive match when not fit enough, massively increasing the chance of another injury.

In Emre's case because he has run off to play an important competitive match when not fit enough, massively increasing the chance of another injury.

I can see where you are coming from but surely that is a decision that Sam and his medical staff should have made. If he was not fit enough to play for Turkey as you speculate, then he should not have been allowed to join them. The fact that he did and with no objections from Sam probably indicate that he was ok to play, and in fact if you look at Sam's quote on the official website, he also seems to say that he had already overcame his injury in time for the internationals. The fact that he got injured again after the internationals in unfortunate but not his fault.

I hope his exclusion does not mean that we will stick with the boring trio of Butt, Geremi and Smith in midfield. I fear they won't break down a resolute Derby who will surely be on the rebound. Go with 4-4-2 with 2 genuine wingers in Zog and Milner and Geremi and Butt can man the midfield. Smith has to be on the bench for me as I don't think he has done enough to justify a starting place.

I can see where you are coming from but surely that is a decision that Sam and his medical staff should have made. If he was not fit enough to play for Turkey as you speculate, then he should not have been allowed to join them. The fact that he did and with no objections from Sam probably indicate that he was ok to play, and in fact if you look at Sam's quote on the official website, he also seems to say that he had already overcame his injury in time for the internationals. The fact that he got injured again after the internationals in unfortunate but not his fault.

I hope his exclusion does not mean that we will stick with the boring trio of Butt, Geremi and Smith in midfield. I fear they won't break down a resolute Derby who will surely be on the rebound. Go with 4-4-2 with 2 genuine wingers in Zog and Milner and Geremi and Butt can man the midfield. Smith has to be on the bench for me as I don't think he has done enough to justify a starting place.

Clubs have no say about the call-up of players for international duty.

Because Emre was on the bench for Turkey in game two, it would suggest that he wasn't up for playing two games in quick succession, and when Turkey found themselves in trouble, Emre and the manager gambled, and put him on the pitch. The gamble paid off short term, but at some point, Emre injured himself again, only instead of coming straight off like would be expected of him at Newcastle, he carried on, potentially aggravating his injury.

Clubs have no say about the call-up of players for international duty.

Because Emre was on the bench for Turkey in game two, it would suggest that he wasn't up for playing two games in quick succession, and when Turkey found themselves in trouble, Emre and the manager gambled, and put him on the pitch. The gamble paid off short term, but at some point, Emre injured himself again, only instead of coming straight off like would be expected of him at Newcastle, he carried on, potentially aggravating his injury.

Although going by the letter of the law you are right, but we all know that selection of a player who has just overcame an injury has always been negotaited between club and country. Refer Rooney in World Cup example. There have been numerous times when the club basically witheld a player who just recovered from playing international games. What I'm saying is that if Emre was in that delicate stage where playing would have necessarily caused him to get injured again, then Sam should and could have held him back the way other managers have done before. It's not as black and white as you believe.

The fact that he didn't play 2 full games only suggests that he wasn't match fit for the whole 90 minutes, and that would further suggest that it was in our interest for him to get that match fitness with Turkey just the way Owen did with England and had he returned uninjured having played such games under his belt, we would all have been very happy as he would have been ready and fit to start against Derby. It was a risk we took that unfortunately backfired.

Like Owen did at the world cup?

Guest eyeball_tickler

GALATASARAY will make a £4million bid for Emre in January after he admitted he wants to quit Newcastle.

And that will allow Sam Allardyce to make a fresh move to try and sign Barcelona playmaker Deco.

Emre admitted: "I want to go back to Galatasaray and I understand they want me."

And Allardyce will not stand in the way of the Turkish midfielder as he has yet to start a league game for the new Toon boss. Emre has spent three seasons at St James' Park.

As Sport of the World revealed last month, Big Sam was willing to use the 27-year-old as bait to land Portugal ace Deco but Barcelona declined the offer.

A Turkish source revealed: "Galatasaray have made it clear they are willing to take Emre back and will move in January.

"It is all down to the fee. Galatasaray will offer around £4m."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1609_exposed.shtml

I'm almost certain I read that same article last Sunday...

Why people bother quoting NOTW is truly beyond me.

Gotta love these Turkish sources.

he's injury might not be that serious, since he played the whole second half against hungry. Big Sam might be just giving Emre time to recover. It is Derby so realistically it should be an easy game on paper. Don't forget Emre played a full 90min on sat night against Malta, then Hungry wed where he played 45mins. Its probably wise not to ply him against derby, he's only just recoverd from his previous injury.

DEFEND the guy ??? What the hell...What are you on about ??? Are you saying Emre is trying to hide away from NUFC games and intentionally injuring himself ???

Really hope somebody gives us £4m for him. Taking the piss when you can make two appearances in a week for your country, but cant get yaself fit once for ya club in the opening month.

Babayaro can fuckin go with him too.

I think it is a different injury...Knee isn't it while the first one was something else...

on his day emre can be a decent player, however when he has played he hasn't produced enough, too few goals and assists, and too many injuries. perhaps the injuries could not have been prevented, but even so he has not done enough for the team when he has played. if galatasaray expectedly make a 4million bid, it would be an absolute fool who tured it down.

Guest LucasUnger

on his day emre can be a decent player, however when he has played he hasn't produced enough, too few goals and assists, and too many injuries. perhaps the injuries could not have been prevented, but even so he has not done enough for the team when he has played. if galatasaray expectedly make a 4million bid, it would be an absolute fool who tured it down.

i think will bring him back to his best, like he will with duffy. would love to see a emre in our team when he is at his best

Guest eyeball_tickler

DEFEND the guy ??? What the hell...What are you on about ??? Are you saying Emre is trying to hide away from NUFC games and intentionally injuring himself ???

if owen can do it, why not emre?

Just sell Emre and bring Deco and we'll be laughing.

Diego would be better, wouldnt be making a massive leap down in terms of club size and playing standards, is already playing in a pretty physical league, and is the right age too.

Guest jimmy1982

I don't think Emre is a playmaker really, certainly not in the same way deco/aimar/riqueleme etc are (haven't seen this diego character yet). I always thought he was supposed to be more of a midfield dynamo - picking up the ball from the back four, playing one twos through the middle and giving the play impetus and tempo, as well as winning balls back when we lose it. I thought that was why he was so highly rated in turkey and by inter when they bought him, its just frustrating we've not really seen it for us. I would say he plays the same role as Veron. Anyone who saw Veron on channel 4 before he came to Man U (and even in patches for Man U) will back me up when i say he was absolutely the business in italy. Veron didn't seem to enjoy his time in england and neither has emre. Maybe they're just not suited to it. I thought Sam was going to get the best out of him but it does seem he wants away - from the ouside it looks like maybe he hasn't got the bottle to fight for his place now that geremi smith barton and faye have all been brought in. in that case we don't want people who aren't commited to us, and it'll be another seemingly talented player passed through our doors without (consistently at least) showing us what he was capable of.

• 4 years later...